May 2024 WISH Thread

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the May 2024 WISH thread! So glad you found us!

We're a group of dis-ers of all ages and geographic locations who are here to support and encourage each other in our healthier living goals. Whether you are looking to exercise more, lose weight, eat better, work on self-care or any other healthy living goal, please join us!

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Thankful that @Summer2018 got her testing completed!!! Way to go 🥳

Thankful my fosters spay went well yesterday. She is struggling this morning, but this is normal. Hoping she turns the corner tomorrow.

Thankful for a big community yard sale my BFF and I are attending tomorrow! This is our 14th year attending and no matter what stage in life we are in we always do great at this yard sale!

Thankful that this weekend is our women’s conference at church! Thankful it is not the sleepover type retreat but instead a “in house” which starts tomorrow night and continues all day Saturday. My daughter in law is coming with me so I am even more excited!

Have a great day everyone!!

Thankful for writers of movies and books - they are so creative. DH and I saw a movie last night and he thought the ending opened it up for a sequel. He said I don't even know what the story would be about though. I don't either...but I know the writers could come up with a good storyline and run with it!

Wow what a morning, there was bright sunshine streaming thru the bedroom window just after sunrise, which is now at 5:45a. After getting dressed it was still super early, so I decided to take a morning drive and headed away from town in a direction I haven't gone before. So peaceful and beautiful, I kind of feel like I've had an entire day already. So thankful for this place and this life.

How did April fly by so quickly? I did nothing to achieve any of my goals... again. I don't know if I should even write down goals for May, I need to just do it.

I. Am. So. Happy. That. These. Last. Two. Weeks. Are. Over.

Between parent/teacher conferences and standardized testing, I am ready to stick a fork in my eye. The icing on the cake was yesterday’s PPT (planning & placement team) meeting for my student who has severe special needs. The entire team, including Mom, was ready to plan for next year…except for the speech pathologist who FORGOT to test him. 🤦‍♀️🙄🤬 Now we must wait for her to do her JOB and reconvene. That two hour meeting was essentially a waste of time. ☹️

So TGIF!!!

Happy Fun Friday!!!

Happy almost weekend!!!

Happy 12 Days until my trip!!!

Get me out of here!!!

Last edited:
It's Comedy Night weekend here, so a busy day getting raffle stuff ready today and a late but really fun night tomorrow!

Then Sunday, one of DS's friends comes to stay with us for a while for his new job. I vacuumed the spare room yesterday and washed the curtains the day before. Today I'll do the bedding, and DS needs to clear his stuff off the extra desk in there...then I think we're ready!

It's Comedy Night weekend here, so a busy day getting raffle stuff ready today and a late but really fun night tomorrow!

Then Sunday, one of DS's friends comes to stay with us for a while for his new job. I vacuumed the spare room yesterday and washed the curtains the day before. Today I'll do the bedding, and DS needs to clear his stuff off the extra desk in there...then I think we're ready!
Comedy Night sounds like a blast!!!

It's another beautiful sunny morning, so I took my coffee down to the beach to soak it all in because it is predicted to turn back to damp over the weekend.

1714751361461.png

We have two more pottery classes and I'm going to miss the last one, so I'm planning on spending quite a bit of extra time in the studio, starting with tomorrow. I also need to get the dahlia tubers planted and do more cleaning/organizing in the house. Hopefully it will be a calm, fulfilling and productive weekend.

Attachments

• 1714751201438.png
    1714751201438.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 1
Don't really have many plans this weekend, but that's fine because I kind of feel something coming on. I'd like to try to get a bit of extra sleep to maybe keep it away!

I think tonight we're just going to chill at home (probably watch the baseball game) and then tomorrow night we'll probably do dinner and a movie. I see that Fall Guy is coming out - which is probably what we'll see. We saw Unsung Hero and Challengers this past week. I enjoyed them both, but especially Unsung Hero!

Tomorrow is a "run the kids around" day. Sunday DH has to work so the kids and I will probably lay low while he is working.
Did an indoor no treadmill 3k workout today and felt decent afterwards. Figuring if I keep up with that a few times a week in addition to non-running exercise I should be ok for the 5k next month.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

This week is TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK. I have had teachers who I adored, teachers who were awful, and teachers who are not memorable whatsoever.
IMG_3323.jpeg

1. Think of your favorite elementary teacher. What made them special?

2. Think of your least favorite elementary teacher. What was wrong with them?

3. Who was your favorite middle school teacher and why?

4. Who was your least favorite middle school teacher and why?

5. Who was your favorite high school teacher and why?

6. Who was your least favorite high school teacher and why?

7. Who was your favorite university/trade school/etc. teacher and why?

8. Who was your least favorite university/trade school/etc. teacher and why?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter