May, 2024: WWYD?

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
Opinions, please. We were planning on a May, 2024, trip, our first, to TDR. I've since learned that Pooh's Hunny Hunt and BRMRR will be closed for refurbishment. I'm also concerned that we'll just miss the opening for Fantasy Springs, and the new resort, which we might want to stay at. I don't see returning anytime soon, but who knows, we might get bitten by the bug and want to go back again.

WWYD?

Maybe wait a year? If it is realistically a once and only, I'd wait to see Fantasy Springs and the new resort...

There are a ton of rides being refurbished, I would wait an additional year or another 6 months. Alternatively look at the schedule for ride maintenance, Tokyo is pretty good about getting it out early.

If you don’t think you’ll be back soon I would wait. We’re going next May and I’m hoping Fantasy springs will be open but also worried. But we’ve been there before and I’m sure we would go back for it sometime

If this is a once in a lifetime trip, I really recommend seeing as many rides as possible. I mean even classic Disney rides have unique things in Tokyo, such as the night overlay of the jungle cruise or stitch's enchanted tiki room. Pirate's is the most unaltered still (but might change soon, I hear there is a mysterious refurb in October so it might be to remove scenes, who knows) and the Haunted Mansion has the original bride.

I would just wait for the list, see if you think there's enough stuff to warrant going. I don't think it's really possible to go without there being some sort of downtime for something.

The opening date for Fantasy Springs should be announced at any point now. My guess, it should be opened sometime April-May. & If it is indeed opened during the dates you want to go, then absolutely go.

How many days are you planning to go to Disney? That may help determine whether you should go in May 2024 or at a later date.

For example, if you're only doing one day at each park, then you'll never be able to see and do everything, so May 2024 is as good a time as any. But if you're planning for 4+ days with the intention of trying to do everything, perhaps a later date would be better (although rides and other experiences are always closing for maintenance because they have very high standards, so whenever you go something that you wanted to do / experience is likely to be closed).

Fantasy Springs is going to be crazy busy for many years after opening. BATB and Soaring are both still extremely popular and they've been open for some time. So, unless you're willing to battle crowds and pay for Premier Access (if its available for some or all of the rides in Fantasy Springs), then when it opens probably isn't a huge factor. It's possible that entry to the area may even be "gated" like Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan. I haven't read anything about that being proposed, but it seems like a possibility given the potential crowd levels.

The opening date for Fantasy Springs should be announced at any point now. My guess, it should be opened sometime April-May. & If it is indeed opened during the dates you want to go, then absolutely go.

How many days are you planning to go to Disney? That may help determine whether you should go in May 2024 or at a later date.

For example, if you're only doing one day at each park, then you'll never be able to see and do everything, so May 2024 is as good a time as any. But if you're planning for 4+ days with the intention of trying to do everything, perhaps a later date would be better (although rides and other experiences are always closing for maintenance because they have very high standards, so whenever you go something that you wanted to do / experience is likely to be closed).

Fantasy Springs is going to be crazy busy for many years after opening. BATB and Soaring are both still extremely popular and they've been open for some time. So, unless you're willing to battle crowds and pay for Premier Access (if its available for some or all of the rides in Fantasy Springs), then when it opens probably isn't a huge factor. It's possible that entry to the area may even be "gated" like Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan. I haven't read anything about that being proposed, but it seems like a possibility given the potential crowd levels.
We were planning on five days, the first being a travel recovery day, poking around Ikspiari and checking out the hotels and monorail. The fourth park day would be a 3/4 day, doing favorites again, and flying out that night on the red-eye to HNL for a few days at Aulani.

I think we'll go with our guts and put it off another year, so then we'll be able to plan Fantasy Springs better (we might need that fourth park day with that major expansion) and "do it right."

Thanks for the input, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter