May 29, 2004---Who is with us?

no one wants to "chat".

Seems like everybody was chatting before the cruise. Now that I'm home from school, everyone is too depressed that the cruise is over to want to post!:(

Oh well........can't say that I blame you. It is pretty depressing to be back!

Happy Monday!
Fran

Yes Brenbug that was Jonathon Frakes. I saw him several times throughout the ship. The first time I was like, hmm, is that??? And then I saw that it was. He was traveling with wife and kids and it looked like other friends or family.

He looks much better in person, and has great eyes!

Hey Fran, I'll chat!

We all feel the depression too! The 'post-cruise letdown' was at it's abosolute worst for me Sunday a.m. I didn't have any motivation or energy, and the mounds of unfolded laundry and suitcases (some of which still needed unpacking) made me want to crawl back into bed, close my eyes, and wish myself back onto the ship.

We rebooked for Thanksgiving 2005, (first holiday EVER away from home) as we're excited about the two-stopper at CC. Not being able to fathom the thought of enduring 18 mos. w/out a Disney cruise, we also booked May 28, 2005 out of CA. Now that reality is starting to sink in, we might have to cancel that one, as it's so much more $$ than the Port Canaveral departures. :sad2: I was hoping we could book spring break, but a category 9 for the three of us is already at 4700.00. OUCH!

I think you asked on another thread if I put the berries and whipped cream on the stollen from Palo brunch. Yes! Wasn't it wonderful? I forgot to put the jam on though. How did I miss that? I would LOVE to have that recipe for the whipped cream, but since I don't have the pixie dust in my pantry, it won't taste as good!

Hey all you other May 29th cruisers, when you have the chance, share your memories here w/tchrmom and me!

Thanks, Mickeyhugger................

I'd kill for stollen bread right about now!

Got all my laundry washed and put away today. WHEW!

We're booked again for October 23 and again for the July 2,2005 out of LA. THAT one is going to cost us!
(tchrmom wonders about how to make extra $:scratchin and wonders how XLT800 would look in a McDonalds uniform)

HAHAHAHA! Just kidding honey!
Fran

:sunny: :wave: Well I am back on track, walking my 2 miles a day and I REALLY need it now to get rid of the 6 lbs. I brought home with me. All the laundry is done and put away and now I can just sit back and say, "This time last week we were.........". It was really fun and I enjoyed meeting all you disboarders.

Anne

Well, it's back to reality for us. We've been home for about 15 hours (after a 2 day side trip to Disney World) and everyone is back at school or work!

What a GREAT cruise we had! The weather was unbelievable! It was great getting to meet most of you in person.

Dave, great pictures! It makes me not want to get wrapped up in work now!

Pricilla, it was fun bumping into you guys at dinner and deck parties too!

Lewis, DW and I were laughing last night as I read your post to her...yes, we will always remember the naked catamaran pulling up next to our Disney excursion!

Best memories had to be Lauren's (DD6) face lighting up during the shows and the princess meet and greet, but there are defininitely a LOT of others!

I'll have to try and get our pics uploaded (have to see how the work week goes)...we've got 235 digital shots!

I have been driving my DD crazy with, "I guess right now someone is sitting at our table ordering their food". Drives her nuts.

We were actually directly in line behind Johathan Franks waiting to board.

I was not ready to come back to work yet.

Dave, no problems with the Crown. Came back just fine. Thanks for the advice.

Lewis

Ok, here's one for all you guys. We had (a wonderful!) dinner at the Flying Fish cafe on Saturday. We asked our server if they still did the scavenger hunt for the kids. He said that he hadn't seen any for a while, but would check. When he couldn't come up with one he gave us this challenge to think about:

There are a total of 12 Disney feature length animated movies that have one word titles. Can you name them all?

After a few hints and conversations with a former CM and her husband at the next table, we managed to get them all.

Bonus question: Which two of these 12 movies were released in the same year?

(And no cheating with any search engines.)

Paul

Mulan is correct...2 more (Hint: not traditional animation.)

Here's the recap (in order of answering):
1)Pinocchio
2)Cinderella
3)Fantasia
4)Aladdin
5)Tarzan
6)Bambi
7)Dumbo
8)Pocahontis
9)Hercules
10)Mulan

Larry,
Miracle isn't animated.

More hints:
1) Think about the Animal Kingdom rides.
2) Think computers.

Paul

Betsy,
Yes, Dinosaur is #11. One more to go.
(Another hint: This movie starts out as live action, then transitions to animation.)

Here's the 11 correct answers so far:
1)Pinocchio
2)Cinderella
3)Fantasia
4)Aladdin
5)Tarzan
6)Bambi
7)Dumbo
8)Pocahontis
9)Hercules
10)Mulan
11)Dinosaur

By the way, was anyone else here booked through Dreams? We received a bon voyage memory box along with our Castaway Club pins and welcome letter. I think the memory box was an added gift from Dreams, if I remember the wording of the stuff correctly. At the time, I thought it was just part of the Castaway Club gift.

Dreams used to give a stateroom gift to everyone if 8 or more families were booked on a given cruise. I thought they had stopped doing this. Anyone else receive a Dreams gift? Or am I all confused???:confused:

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter