May 2nd, 2023 - DVC The Villas @ Disneyland Hotel

I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm waiting to see what incentives there may be. Had previously been waiting to make an offer on VGC resale until spring/summer (taking care of some things that needed $$$$ first); now, of course, there are not VGC contracts to buy. Oh well.

Yeah it's $2.73 per point for the transient occupancy tax. I guess rack rate on that room at that time is $946 per night!
YIKES!!!

Or, can I do the math this way in my head - if I used my VDH points to stay at VDH, my "dues" would be 9.06 + 2.73 per point, but if I used the points elsewhere (can't imagine why) my dues would be only 9.06 per point? Trying to find a way to compare apples to apples here.

YIKES!!!

Or, can I do the math this way in my head - if I used my VDH points to stay at VDH, my "dues" would be 9.06 + 2.73 per point, but if I used the points elsewhere (can't imagine why) my dues would be only 9.06 per point? Trying to find a way to compare apples to apples here.

Correct. But that tax applies to anyone staying there so in that sense, it’s hard to compare if you want to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter