May 31, 2003 Cruisers?

dewla

Earning My Ears
Getting closer...anyone else going May 31? I am coming with DH, DD-7 and DS-10. Their first Disney anything! (Except one day at Disneyland last year)...I have been a few times since I grew up in Florida...Hope to hear from you!

I don't think there are many people going from this board as there have been a few May 31st, who's going posts already w/ few responses. However, DH, DS (5) and myself will be joining you. Looking forward to a week of fun and sun. See you then!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Will also be sailing on the 31st with DD5 and DH. Can't wait! Almost doing Single digit dance!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I can't believe it is so close! We'll be leaving home in about 10 days! Woohoo!!! I think I've gotten everything we need (plus some) ready for the cruise. I've got a bunch of stuff in a pile in the corner of my bedroom. I just need to get some snacks for the trip down.

This is my family's first cruise (dh, dd - almost 12, dd - almost 2), but I've been on one other cruise. I went to the Bahamas in 1997 on The Big Red Boat.

Here! Me, DH & DD15.

Also leaving in 10 days for the Hard Rock Hotel! WOOHOO!

Myself, DW, and DD(8). (DD(10) will be at camp.)

This will be our third trip on the Magic, but first Eastern cruise.

Im with Bahama97...I spent almost $200 at walmart last week buying all the things i've heard about on this thread, mesh laundry bag, shoe holder, neat sheat etc. and it has all been sitting in the corner of my bedroom. Im trying to see if I can hold out till the day before to pack. The anticipation is killing me. We fly out friday morning to stay at the Hyatt.

Makaylee, I know how you feel. I couldn't hold out any longer, though, my bags are packed along w/ my DS. :)
One question... what is the neat sheat? Must have missed that one.

We are cruising with you!
DH, DS15, DD12, DD7 and me. Can't wait.
What excursions has everyone planned?
Is anyone going on the Pinel Island snorkeling tour?

Well... we have NO excursions planned and plan to just "wing it." I'd like to do some shopping in both ports, and the tram thing in St. Thomas. Other than that, we'll decide when we get there!

Well, I just got the suitcases out of the attic. I think we'll be taking 3 large ones, a carry on, plus a baby bag. I imagine once we're all packed it will look like we are moving LOL

My dh & oldest dd are doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran on St Martin, we all are doing the Tram thing up to the top on St. Thomas, and then dd & I are doing the banana boat ride on Castaway Cay. Is it St Thomas where Maegan's Bay is? I think we are planning on going there. I'd also like to go snorkeling at Castaway Cay & see the Mickey statue if we have enough time. I need to write all that down so I don't forget.

DH, Ds and myself will be joining your DH and DD on the Golden Eagle Caramaran, that is, if you booked it for 7am. We are doing our own thing in St. Thomas and my DH rented a water trike at Castaway Cay to take my Ds on. Hope the weather is sunny and bright all week. Should be a blast. :Pinkbounc

Whew, I thought maybe we were going by ourselves. I am so relieved all of you will be going with us!! We have no plans yet for Fri. before the cruise. I was planning on getting a room at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral, but when I got around to booking it today it was SOLD OUT. Oops. So, any suggestions? WE get in at 2pm to the Orlando airport. Is it worth buying tix to Universal or Disney? What about Downtown Disney? Anything fun there? I think MK closes at 7 that night. Is there anywhere to watch any fireworks/parades without being in a Park? I was thinking of staying at Portofino in Universal for the night or maybe the WDW Swan or Dolphin...I am open for any suggestions since I goofed on the Radisson!!!
We have no plans yet for any excursions since we booked last minute. Will need to work on that. Packing?? Maybe Thur, 5/29?

I am getting excited, we are Disney NOVICES (polite term)!!

Laura:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Checking in! DW, DD (15), DS (7) and myself are getting excited. Staying at the Radisson the night before and staying at the swan the night after. No excursions planned, thinking about winging it but might choose something yet.

:D :) :cool: :bounce:

Ken

Dewla:

If I had a limited amt of time as you do, I would either go to Downtown Disney or Citywalk for the night and stay somewhere close by. We are flying in Thurs and staying at Hard Rock Hotel Thurs & Fri night, and plan to visit IOA and US all day Fri. I would not pay to enter a park for just a few hours though. Too expensive. If you go to Downtown Disney, I would recommend trying to have dinner at Rainforest Cafe.

Angebecky, a Neat Sheet is a very thin washable blanket that you can use on the beach. It is handy as it is water resistant and the sand doesnt stick to it. Convieniant since ive read Disney towles are quite small and I dont think you would want to sit on just one of those at the beach all day. :D
We have booked the Doubloon sail at St. Thomas, Orient Beach day at St. Maarten and getaway package and parasailing on CC. Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks Pugdog,
Is there anything besides shopping and food at Downtown Disney or City Walk? I am afriad the kids may get bored. I f we get a cheapo Disney hotel, can we hang out at all the hotels? Can we see the Disney hotels if we are not staying on property?Wish I had booked our flights for Thur night! THat was a smart thing to do!
Thanks!!

DisneyQuest and Cirque du Soleil are both at Downtown Disney.

La Nouba at Cirque plays at 6pm & 9pm. DisneyQuest is open 11:30am - 12 midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.

There's also lots of great food.

Click here to link to the site,
Downtown Disney

Bruce,
Thanks for the info. I am still debating about buying one day passes for a park, but the MK closes at 7pm that day. Epcot closes at 9pm. Would a 7 and 10 year old like Epcot or prefer Downtown Disney?
Thanks,
Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter