May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying in a Holiday Inn so we will just meet everyone at the fountain around 8:15-8:30ish. Again, that's assuming we haven't passed out from exhaustion but I'm really going to try to keep our group awake and motivated! The YouTube videos I've seen of the fountain are pretty cool!

We ended up booking a private guide for the Vatican and will load our iPhones with Rick Steves audio guides for Pompeii.

Jeff - we are on the same AA flight as you from JFK to Barcelona so we will see you then!

We are staying in a Holiday Inn so we will just meet everyone at the fountain around 8:15-8:30ish. Again, that's assuming we haven't passed out from exhaustion but I'm really going to try to keep our group awake and motivated! The YouTube videos I've seen of the fountain are pretty cool!

Jeff - we are on the same AA flight as you from JFK to Barcelona so we will see you then!

We've got to get synched with Barcelona time at some point so it might as well start on the 14th. :)

On the flight - cool! We'll be looking for your family at the gate.

We've got to get synched with Barcelona time at some point so it might as well start on the 14th. :)

On the flight - cool! We'll be looking for your family at the gate.

Jeff we get in on the 15th at 9:00am do you think there will be time for us to see the church.. :goodvibes

Jeff we get in on the 15th at 9:00am do you think there will be time for us to see the church.. :goodvibes

There'll be plenty of time.

Assuming you are on time you could go to port - drop off your baggage and check in. I've been told you are free to go and see Barcelona providing you are back onboard for the 5pm lifeboat drill.

If DCL are moving your luggage then you could go visit the church and then head to check in - you have to have checked in by 4pm at port.

There'll be plenty of time.

Assuming you are on time you could go to port - drop off your baggage and check in. I've been told you are free to go and see Barcelona providing you are back onboard for the 5pm lifeboat drill.

If DCL are moving your luggage then you could go visit the church and then head to check in - you have to have checked in by 4pm at port.

We have Disney doing everything, since I have enough to do the more I can get them to do the happier Iam.:cool1:

Can anyone tell me if kids are allowed to wear jeans(with shirt) for the casual days??

Yes - Adults as well.

For DCL

Dining attire varies by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general,
most meals are "Cruise Casual"-- jeans, khakis and capris are permitted;
however, we ask that Guests refrain from wearing shorts, swimwear or
tank tops in the dining rooms.

Brilliant thanks:banana: Was beginning to panic then....thinking i had to invest in a whole new wardrobe before next week:scared1:
Yes - Adults as well.

For DCL

Dining attire varies by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general,
most meals are "Cruise Casual"-- jeans, khakis and capris are permitted;
however, we ask that Guests refrain from wearing shorts, swimwear or
tank tops in the dining rooms.

We might join the other Eurostars Grand Marina people for a trip to the fountains.

Whether we can depends on if our rugby team is scheduled to play their semi-final playoff on that Friday evening.

If they are then we will be huddled in front of our netbook trying to find a live (probably slightly dodgy) stream of the game to watch (seeing as there's free wifi in the hotel).

If they are scheduled to play Saturday then we'd probably be up for going off to the fountain show.

I guess if a meet time is set for the hotel lobby then we'll know where to meet if we are able to join others.

Even if there is a rugby game on maybe we could just meet to say Hi :)

I assume you're talking about the Barcelona Cathedral off las Ramblas? You should have plenty of time though it's about a half mile away from the port area.

Random question: if it rains, do they sell ponchos on the boat, or should I pack some?

They had them in March... but expect to pay gift shop prices. I would suggest going to your local dollar store and picking up a couple to tuck into your carry-on. That way you can spend more on other pressing things... like the light up Tinker Bell for your drinks :rotfl2:

Welcome to the boards. This is our first cruise as well and these boards have made it so exciting! I can make a few more FE's so I will add you guys to my list as well. :goodvibes

Great thankyou My two will so love the surprises xxxx Can i get your door no pls or are you on the roll call xx

There's no way we'd be missing the cruise due to an airline strike! We looked into booking a new flight to BCN and it was $800 pp:eek:! DH looked into the rail alternative (Rail Europe). It actually sounded like a neat experience spending the night in a sleeper rail car (except for the £778.50 fare for the 3 of us). But that's definitely Plan B if the strike happens on May 14 and Bristish Airways can't reschedule us.
I read on another thread that the problem with the overnight sleeper rail car is that most of them are not direct lines -- they stop every hour or so to pick up people, which can wake you up. Also, if you don't have enough people to fill a sleeper, they may split you up by gender & have you share with others... Again, this is second-hand info, but you might want to check into that. I hope it's all a moot point, and your flight goes as planned!!!!

If i was a Dr i would prescribe an 11 night cruise starting next week. That'll solve all your woes.
I am a doctor and Ill write that prescription with refills.
I like your bedside manner!!!! :cool1:

Did I hear correctly that when we get to 250 pages, the site locks and we have to open a new thread. I don't think there is anyway around us hitting 250 pgs by Sunday!
Man, we're a chatty bunch! :woohoo: And I *LOVE* it!!!

I'm sooo excited my travel documents have just turned up, I was starting to get a bit worried, :dance3:
So glad your documents showed up!!! :yay:

Hi, meeting in the lobby would be great :cool1:
Cool. What time do you think? Jeff suggested being at the fountains by 8:15pm. Do you want to just split a taxi, or try the Metro?

We might join the other Eurostars Grand Marina people for a trip to the fountains.

Whether we can depends on if our rugby team is scheduled to play their semi-final playoff on that Friday evening.

If they are then we will be huddled in front of our netbook trying to find a live (probably slightly dodgy) stream of the game to watch (seeing as there's free wifi in the hotel).

If they are scheduled to play Saturday then we'd probably be up for going off to the fountain show.

I guess if a meet time is set for the hotel lobby then we'll know where to meet if we are able to join others.
I hope you can make it! :goodvibes I like moneyhappy's suggestion to come by even if there is a rugby game, just to meet us!

OMG. A week to go! I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I do hate packing and flying. I'm not *afraid* to fly or anything like that, but the airlines have just made the whole thing such an ordeal any more... :headache: I have podcasts and TV episodes from Samantha Brown and Rick Steves, a few movies, some short stories, and game apps on my iPod touch, eReader & iPad, all to help pass the 9-hour flight. I have never yet been able to sleep on an airplane. We'll see what happens this time! I cannot believe in 9 days I'll be in Barcelona, and in 10 days, on the Magic!!!!

Sayhello

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter