• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maybe June instead of July?

We went to WDW this past June 6th - 14th. The only park that felt crowded was the MK, and, from what I'm hearing, that park is pretty much crowded year round nowadays. Epcot, the Studios, and AK were all reasonable. Even at the MK, we got a lot done, simply because we had a plan.

The humidity just about did us in, but we're from Los Angeles so we are simply not used to that kind of weather. It rained pretty much every day, but with the exception of Fantasmic! being rained out the night we had the dining package, the rain didn't mess up our plans at all.

We were there overlapping Gay Days, but because of predicted crowd levels, we weren't in the same parks as the Gay Day schedule. I've been at Disneyland Park during Gay Days twice and have no problem with it. At WDW, we avoided the Gay Day parks because of crowds, and that's all.

Hope this info helps!

We love the of end of May/Beg of June! We have always had a great time with moderate crowds, but manageable if you start early each day.

I like the sun so the heat never was that bad and you can enjoy the pool and later hours!!:thumbsup2

I have never had a ton of rain then either.

We are planning to go over Memorial day weekend this year..I hope they do another 24 hour event! We had so much fun last time.:goodvibes

I think MK always feels crowded now a days! I can tell you Epcot the first week of June felt much less crowded to us than when we went in October at F&W.

Good luck whatever you decide!

As an Orlando resident I can assure you there is no difference between the weather in June and July.

----Av lo- Av hi--- Rec lo --- Rec hi--- Rain
June 71°-- 91°-- 60° (1984) 100° (1998) 7.35
July- 73°-- 92°-- 64° (1981) 101° (1998) 7.15

Remember climate is what you expect and weather is what you get. So your mileage may vary.

According to Undercover Tourist crowd calendar every day in June and July is either a 7, 8 or 9. So no real difference there.

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/july-2015/#calendar

I think you'd admit though that June at least offers the possibility of slightly cooler temps, right?

I know we had great weather June of 2012 :)

Even though I didn't like visiting DW in June, if it's June or July, then I'd definitely go with June! I can see absolutely no upside to waiting until July if you can make it there in June!

MK was the most bearable due to all the in and out of AC attractions. We thought HS and WS at EPCOT were the hottest locations. Lots of concrete. Nighttime was definitely more comfortable than being there in the sun. It was still hot and we still sweat, but didn't have the scorching sun beating down on us.

Good luck!

We'd done the most trips around November 8-16 and LOVE that time of year and it was hard not to compare............

That makes no sense. Does your child have a problem with gay people? ;)

Actualy I have aproblem with the things Ive heard of that go on down there thank you.My child is young and I dont want her seeing certian things at her age thank you.Maybe you need to reread what I wrote to better understand it.Or maybe you need some family values.Your comment was of no help at all......jerk

Actualy I have aproblem with the things Ive heard of that go on down there thank you.My child is young and I dont want her seeing certian things at her age thank you.Maybe you need to reread what I wrote to better understand it.Or maybe you need some family values.Your comment was of no help at all......jerk

But the "stories" you hear are probably exaggerated and definitely the exception rather than the rule. We lived there for 3 years and went to the park in early June without a second thought. We never saw anything offensive, but I guess it depends on what you find offensive. If hand holding and hugs offend you, then maybe it isn't the place for you. But just keep in mind the worst PDA I've seen at Disney was between a man and a woman and it wasn't early June.

We went in early June to WDW and Uni/IOA and found it fine. We never waited long for anything This was summer of 2013 pre MB/FP+ so I don't know if that matters. I will say that the heat was unbearable, but July won't be any better. Our next trip is the Sept so we can do MNSSHP...and I am hopeful the heat is a little more manageable.

We've gone the first week of June the last two years (arrived the last Sat of May). The crowds are totally manageable, and many hotels/offsite are cheaper that week than 'summer rates' that start the second week of June.

We've gone in the first 2 weeks of June for the last few years and crowds weren't bad. Last year we got there over Memorial Weekend (arrived on the 24 hour day and that was a blast) and stayed until the Wednesday after.

Once Memorial Weekend ended, the crowds were gone.

The year before we went the 2nd week of June and didn't feel like it was too crowded for us.
We tend to judge crowded by the time we went the week after Easter when the parks were so packed it was hard to move (I didn't have a problem but that's what my family said. LOL).

The last time we were there was the week of July 13-21 2013, and we stayed at the Poly.

To be honest, we didn't think it was very crowded at all. Some days the MK got a bit crowded but everything else seemed half-empty.

The one BIG annoyance was the Brazilian Teenage Tour Groups.

We are going in early June this year so we hope to have that same moderate crowd level without the BTGs.;)

We went to DW June 11 - 23 2014 and noticed a difference. We typically go in Sept and was told there was no difference between Sept and June and noticed a huge difference the minute we were in Fl. I was awaiting that wall of heat and it was not like that. It was hot but not as humid. I even needed a light sweatshirt in the eve, which is something I never wear in the summer. We did notice the last four days before we were leaving that the temperature and humidity started to rise.

Maybe that is not the typical experience the first few weeks of June but that was the experience we had. It was so much better than sept that we have decided to go early June again. However weather is so unpredictable.

Hopefully you have nice weather on your trip!

We have been in June, July, August and September.

We didn't notice any significant differences in heat or crowd levels in June, July or August (we were there the last week of August). All were hot with noticeable crowds, but still manageable and we had great trips every time. The crowd levels were nothing compared to our December trip.:faint:

If you are basing your dates on the weather and crowd levels, I wouldn't worry too much about it due to the similarities. Lots of the variability in weather is really unpredictable anyways.

Have a great trip!

But the "stories" you hear are probably exaggerated and definitely the exception rather than the rule. We lived there for 3 years and went to the park in early June without a second thought. We never saw anything offensive, but I guess it depends on what you find offensive. If hand holding and hugs offend you, then maybe it isn't the place for you. But just keep in mind the worst PDA I've seen at Disney was between a man and a woman and it wasn't early June.

This.

There are human beings everywhere behaving well and behaving badly on any given day. Just because the word "gay" is attached to an event doesn't make for an increase in bad behavior.

If you are trying to avoid encountering anyone who is not heterosexual, there's no good way to do that. Nor should there be-- we are all human beings! And guess what- you'll still encounter lots of gay people at WDW even on regular park days. Choosing to go at a different time will not help you avoid gay people. The only difference is that you may think you don't see them, because they won't be wearing the gay days themed shirts.

Fwiw, I've brought my child during gay days and will absolutely do it again. It's Disney! The happiest place on earth! And every day there the majority of the people you'll be surrounded by are happy people seeking more happiness for themselves and their families - and that goes for gay, straight, and every other type of family. :hug:

We have been in early June and also in July. The first week in June was less crowded than July, and the temps and humidity were not quite as bad yet.

With my kids' middle school and high school ages we can only travel when they have a school break. Our last day of school is typically the last Wednesday of May. We have found the last weekend of May/very first week of June to be the least crowded time to go out of all their school breaks. And even tho it's already hot, we have found it to be not nearly as humid and unbearable as July and August.

Lots of people try to avoid Gay Days for various reasons. Honestly, we have never had any issues being in WDW during that time. I have zero issues with Gay Days, but we do try to avoid their scheduled parks simply to avoid larger crowds. We have never experienced any issues because of this event. I would not let that alone stop me from visiting the first week in June.

We went to DW June 11 - 23 2014 and noticed a difference. We typically go in Sept and was told there was no difference between Sept and June and noticed a huge difference the minute we were in Fl. I was awaiting that wall of heat and it was not like that. It was hot but not as humid. I even needed a light sweatshirt in the eve, which is something I never wear in the summer. We did notice the last four days before we were leaving that the temperature and humidity started to rise.

Maybe that is not the typical experience the first few weeks of June but that was the experience we had. It was so much better than sept that we have decided to go early June again. However weather is so unpredictable.

Hopefully you have nice weather on your trip!

You are right, weather can be very unpredictable. However, our experience has been much like yours. Early June has always been less humid for us than July and August. We live in southern Louisiana and have a climate much like Florida. Early June here is hot, but pleasant. July and August, and even early September, can feel unbearable at times. It's the increased humidity that makes it feel difficult to breathe sometimes. I would pick as early in June as possible over July and August any day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter