Mc Donald's menu...

Shizara

Earning My Ears
On my first trip to Paris Disney I had much difficulty in conveying to the staff that I required 2 x filet o fish meals. I know very little French having been born and raised in a country that teaches it in schools but, unless you have the opportunity to use it, which the majority of us didn't then you do forget. Trying to place and order was extremely frustrating for both parties, especially when I realized that the meal deal was going to be different in that it came with cola not the option of a hot drink.. It would really help if there was an easy to follow menu for English speaking people with the French translation beside it so that at least we are not struggling to comprehend and also for those of us that would like to attempt to order in French at least we would know what we are asking for. Or perhaps there is one but in he confusion I didn't find it. :earsgirl:

I agree that Mcdonalds is the one place in DLP where I felt English really was not spoken. There does not seem to be a menu like you describe, but I found that if you stick to the pictures on the wall behind the counter, and order according to number, you know exactly what you will get. In this case it's better to just stick with the standard "meal by number" than to try to get creative with the ordering, since they really won't understand you.
Last year Mcdonalds had a Bacon Cheeseburger, and I'd looked forward to having it this year. I tried to order it, but got a blank stare...
It turned out they really did not have it on the menu any more, and what they DID have was very well pictured above - one just had to choose a number...
Sometimes in a country other than our own we just need to be a bit flexible and adventurous.

Having had the same difficuly at McDonalds in the summer, we did as Jody suggested an ordered from the board or started to use our phrase book.

Reid

Thanks for your suggestions. Will be going back soon so will keep them in mind. We learnt much after our first visit and I have no doubt we will continue to learn more and streamline our experiences. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter