• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MCO to WDW: can't find easy and cheap

vincent

Earning My Ears
I got cheap air fare but I arrive on Monday at 10:30. I have reservations at CBR for 3 days at a good rate. I'm planning on buying a seperate Ultamate Park Hopper at the resort to avoid an extra day charge. So far the plan works. The transportation is suppose to just fine at WDW but I have to get their first. Now the problem.

I don't want to waste the first day there so I want to get to WDW ASAP. So I can take Limo service and get right their for $80 RT plus 20%tax, plus WDW gate fee etc. It's nearing $100. And I will need a car later on for one day. Another $40 minimum.

I currently reserved a full-size at National which supposedly has the best counter service. $186.34 which includes all taxes and fees. Not a bad deal compared to above but not that great either for just 5 days. I had tried to take advantage as an Emerald Club card member but was knocked to counter when I made the reservation. I would have really liked that but without the Wal-mart contract ID # it would be an additional $40.

We are the type of family that arrives at the hotel, dumps the luggage and heads out to the parks. The latest we did that (after making the mistake of renting with Alamo with a counter in Siberia years ago) was 3:00 PM or so. We still stayed until the parks closed. Being exhausted at the end of the day, we didn't think we arrived too late...

What I am trying to say is, until teletransportation becomes the fastest way to get from MCO to your resort, use Mears, Yourride, Happy Limo, etc. Another alternative is to maybe head out to a water park the first day, check out the character outlet stores (if you are renting a car) or head out to Downtown Disney and DQ. It may still keep you "in the spirit" if you felt disappointed for not arriving at the parks earlier.

We have used Mears in the past, and rented a car. We may use Happy Limo this time. It cuts the wait time and you travel more comfortably.

I don't think for you "easy and cheap" is going to happen, given the schedule you want to keep to. Renting for 1 day is almost always more expensive than renting for multiple days. Maybe you should look into just renting a car and skipping the towncar.

Originally posted by vincent
So I can take Limo service and get right their for $80 RT plus 20%tax, plus WDW gate fee etc. It's nearing $100. And I will need a car later on for one day. Another $40 minimum.
Gate fees? Taxes? According to the Yourride site, the posted rates are what it costs. For me, $80 less the coupon, + gratuity. Who's telling you gate fees and taxes? You definitely shouldn't go with that company, whoever it is.

Ciao,
Mort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter