MDE App - Viewing bus wait times

heidischm

Earning My Ears
I have read that when staying at a resort with bus transportation, the wait time for the next bus is viewable under "Resort" on the MDE app (not under "Transportation"). I have looked and cannot find it. Do I need to be checked in to view expected bus arrival times to various parks from my resort (AoA and Kidani)? If not, I'd appreciate anyone being able to explain exactly where I should look in the "Resort" section.

I am able to find information about where the bus stops are, but am looking for where it will tell me how long I have before a bus to the Magic Kingdom arrives at the Kidani bus stop (for example). Just need to know where to find on when we need to hurry!! Thank you!

In MDE, tap your Resort reservation and then "See Bus Times." Here, you can see what time your bus to any of the four theme parks is estimated to depart your resort. Just a reminder the bus times are just estimates and update in real time.

Note: Yes you need to be checked-in to your resort with an active reservation for this feature to be active.

Dave

Thanks! Not being checked-in yet explains why I can't see it yet. I appreciate the info Dave, thanks for the response.

There are electronic sign boards at the bus waiting areas of Disney resorts that show estimated bus arrival times. When we stayed there a few years ago some were fairly accurate, while others were not. If MDE uses the same data source, likely it will have the same level of accuracy. In general we found buses were about 10 minutes apart during the day. We also saw where a driver can call to dispatch to send extra buses if there were a long of people waiting to go somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter