MDE downloadable to a Jitterbug 2 phone? (Don't laugh)

Diswizard

Earning My Ears
Ok, so we are old coots and have a Jitterbug 2 smart phone. We are leaving for our 37th WDW trip in a few days and having just "upgraded" from flip phone to the Jitterbug 2 phone, we needed to load the MDE app. I tried, but it doesn't seem to work with this phone for some reason. I know this phone is an android phone, but apparently it uses an older version not supported by the Disney app. Anyone have any experience with using this phone and the MDE that can offer some advice? Thanks for any and all help.

I have a family member who has a jitterbug phone. They have really good customer support. Have you tried contacting them? I would think that the operating system should get updated periodically. They would know about that and about downloading apps in general (although not the MDE app in particular).

also, I think there is a way for you to tell the jitterbug company that you give permission for them to speak to a family member, if you think there will be times when it is easier for someone else to speak to them directly.

I agree with contacting Jitterbug support. I emailed them through the Support page on the website some time ago to ask about their smart phone’s compatibility with a specific app, and they responded in a few days to say they had researched it and found out that it was. So I think that if they don’t already know about MDE, they’ll find out for you.

I have a family member who has a jitterbug phone. They have really good customer support. Have you tried contacting them? I would think that the operating system should get updated periodically. They would know about that and about downloading apps in general (although not the MDE app in particular).

also, I think there is a way for you to tell the jitterbug company that you give permission for them to speak to a family member, if you think there will be times when it is easier for someone else to speak to them directly.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think about calling Jitterbug (now Lively). I figured if I asked them about downloading the My Disney Experience app there would just be cricket sounds on the other end of the phone. I'll give it a try. Appreciate the help.

Did you ever get it to work? Hopefully so & you had a fun trip…
Please come back & update this thread with what you found out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter