MDE - Two of one name

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
My daughter was trying to link an earned ticket to me in MDE. She got a message that I had reached my ticket limit and to call. When I called, they told me the only way to fix it was to create another person with my name, who I also manage plans for, so now there are two me’s in MDE. My daughter says this will cause problems. Anyone have experience with this? What should I do?

I'd create a new persona and transfer the ticket to that name. DH once ended up with 2 names (one I controlled and one a resort reservation generated for him) and it did cause problems. IT had to merge them.

I think the persona I have is under my control. I used my maiden name and a variation of my first name.

I'd create a new persona and transfer the ticket to that name. DH once ended up with 2 names (one I controlled and one a resort reservation generated for him) and it did cause problems. IT had to merge them.

I think the persona I have is under my control. I used my maiden name and a variation of my first name.
Do you remember how you contacted IT? I might want to do that. The CM I spoke to when I called went ahead and created the other “me”. I trusted that he knew what he was doing so now the ticket is attached to my alter ego but I’d love to fox it before we run into any problems on our trip.

Do you remember how you contacted IT? I might want to do that. The CM I spoke to when I called went ahead and created the other “me”. I trusted that he knew what he was doing so now the ticket is attached to my alter ego but I’d love to fox it before we run into any problems on our trip.
The number I typically call is the Help Desk
407-939-7765

This sound similar to what happened to my husband. I can't remember what happened specifically where the planning got screwed up but IT merged the accounts and gave him his own MDE account.

Although, since it's just you in your own account and the other you isn't making plans (like I was for DH), maybe it won't be an issue? I'd be concerned that at some point something might pull the wrong profile though. Using a completely different name I've had no problems.

Thanks for the information. I’m concerned about running into a problem trying to get into a park with the reservation made with the ticket attached to the second me. My daughter doesn’t think it will be connected to my magic band and that I will have trouble getting in to the park. I will try calling.

I’m concerned about running into a problem trying to get into a park with the reservation made with the ticket attached to the second me. My daughter doesn’t think it will be connected to my magic band and that I will have trouble getting in to the park.

• The park reservation will be connected to the ticket on the new profile and should not be any problem entering a park.
  • Your resort reservation is probably only connected to the "real" you. Unless you have capacity in the room, connecting the "alternate" you could result in the extra person charge (unless you just ditch the "real" you for this trip and make the reservation in the alternate).
  • The MB -- if used previously -- will not work for the alternate profile.

Do you have several partially-used tickets on your profile? I haven't heard of a ticket limit. Many people use an alternate profile as a "holding" area for tickets they don't plan to use immediately and to avoid confusion with an upcoming visit; then those tickets can be transferred to the correct profile when ready to use/plan. If you have older unused vouchers or tickets, maybe you can shift them to an alternate profile instead and put the new ticket on your real profile; partially-used tickets cannot be transferred. Use initials or a nickname for the alternate so it's easy to tell the difference.

I have 5 tickets on my profile in my name. Two have been used and 3 are for the upcoming trip. I had never heard of a ticket limit either. I wish there was a way to delete used some islets from MDE. Not to sound dumb, but how will
I use that ticket since it isn’t tied to my magic bands? I always use the bands for park entry.

Are these all 1-day tickets? Most tickets will drop off MDE after expiration, so if 2 are used I'm not sure why they are still there.

No, you cannot use the MB with the alternate profile. Easiest option will be to get a hard plastic ticket at Guest Relations or any ticket window and link it to the alternate profile not your regular one. Alternatively is to either call IT or wait until you are onsite and see if Guest Relations can help fix the situation - sometimes standing there in person gets things resolved; the caveat there is making sure you don't lose the theme park reservation associated with that ticket because those don't usually transfer from 1 profile to another when a ticket is moved.

The two that have been used are from my daughter who is a CM. They are from tickets called hybrid tickets which mean that each ticket includes 3 1 day PH tickets. One of her hybrids is completely used but the other only has one day used so far. The other two days are assigned to my son and I for our upcoming trip. I then have two 1 day tickets that I purchased. Now, it also shows a third ticket from another hybrid ticket, which is assigned to the second “me”.

I suspect it has something to do with the CM tickets, and sorry but I don't have a lot of knowledge about those - first I've heard of "hybrid" CM tickets.

Regular tickets shouldn't have any "ticket limit" per profile. If IT is unable to get all your ticket/days under the same profile, you will need to use a hard plastic card instead of your MagicBand on the day(s) you are using the alternate profile.

My daughter was trying to link an earned ticket to me in MDE. She got a message that I had reached my ticket limit and to call. When I called, they told me the only way to fix it was to create another person with my name, who I also manage plans for, so now there are two me’s in MDE. My daughter says this will cause problems. Anyone have experience with this? What should I do?
This will cause issues as your magicband will only work with1 of them. I'd contact tech support...I was actually able to do a chat that was pretty quick and painless when we had ended up with 2 of the same name and needed them to combine them because we ran into the issue of the tix not being attached to the magicband. Your situation is different though and I didn't realize there was a limitto the numberof tix 1 person could have in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter