Mears Connect Experience

Took Mears Connect standard on 1/22 from MCO to Riviera.

A day or two before, I received a QR code to use at check in and instructions on how to find Mears Connect upon arrival. Same location as the Magical Express, head to ground transportation on the B side and follow the Mears signs.

Timeline:
Checked in at 10:20am. Groups were trickling in but no crowds at all.
On the bus at 10:24am. There were about 10 of us on a 55 seat coach bus. Very clean and comfortable.
Left airport 10:29am.
Made 3 stops at Beach club 10:59am, Riviera 11:10am, and Caribbean beach.

Overall the service was great. Nearly identical to ME considering both are a Mears service, minus the "magic." Staff and drivers were courteous. If I had to compare to the last time I took Magical Express, Mears Connect was far less busy and made fewer stops. Given there were only 2 of us, definitely an economical way to get to the resorts.

Took Mears Connect standard on 1/22 from MCO to Riviera.

A day or two before, I received a QR code to use at check in and instructions on how to find Mears Connect upon arrival. Same location as the Magical Express, head to ground transportation on the B side and follow the Mears signs.

Timeline:
Checked in at 10:20am. Groups were trickling in but no crowds at all.
On the bus at 10:24am. There were about 10 of us on a 55 seat coach bus. Very clean and comfortable.
Left airport 10:29am.
Made 3 stops at Beach club 10:59am, Riviera 11:10am, and Caribbean beach.

Overall the service was great. Nearly identical to ME considering both are a Mears service, minus the "magic." Staff and drivers were courteous. If I had to compare to the last time I took Magical Express, Mears Connect was far less busy and made fewer stops. Given there were only 2 of us, definitely an economical way to get to the resorts.
Appreciate your experience! Been looking for someone to report back around the times we are getting to the airport.

It seems that people are having smaller wait times for Mears than DME, at least according to the experiences posted here. Makes sense, but also makes me happy.

Sounds like Mears connect is pretty similar to DME on timing/service, but will cost me an extra $125 or so (for four adults). Wonder if there isn't a better/quicker option for roughly the same price (or even a bit more)?

Sounds like Mears connect is pretty similar to DME on timing/service, but will cost me an extra $125 or so (for four adults). Wonder if there isn't a better/quicker option for roughly the same price (or even a bit more)?
A round trip private transfer will cost anywhere from $150-200+, depending on the company.

Took Mears Connect 1-19, and my plane arrived just before noon.
Scanned in and got assigned a lane pretty quickly, but took a little while for a bus to arrive to service my lane.
Probably 10-15 minutes.
Once on the bus, was joined by a family of four and a group of 2. I was solo.
We waited about 20-25 minutes (total) for bus to depart waiting on one final family.
We left the airport about 12:30-12:40.
Seemed pretty consistent with my DME experience.
I was staying at Boardwalk and we went to Beach Club first. I was the last one on bus as we arrived at about 1:15 to Boardwalk.
VERY kind and friendly driver. No complaints.

My pick up time was 5:15PM from Boardwalk.
I had seen that Mears was early for another family, so I got to the bus stop area about 4:50. Mears Connect arrived at 5:05. I was the last pick up so we headed straight to the airport. No issues at all, and had plenty of time to get through the short security line (it was a Wednesday) and get to my gate without any rush. Another very friendly driver from Mears.

As it was just me, $32 round trip was a great value and the experience was consistent with past DME for me (except for a fee obviously). I tipped the drivers on both legs.

Typically, when I go with my husband we splurge for a car service because we like to get right to the magic and enjoy the experience of being met at baggage claim. Have had a few bad experiences with Uber/Lyft drivers but would not hesitate to use Mears Connect again, especially if I was solo.

Also, did receive the QR codes about 24 hours ahead of both rides. No issues with the technology.

Last edited:
Arrived last night at 8:00. Boarded the Mears bus right away. Sat for about 10 minutes while the driver loaded everyone’s luggage. We stopped at Coronado, two All Stars, and Kidani. We were the Kidani stop and it took right at 30 minutes extra to stop at the other resorts. While 30 minutes is terrible, is certainly isn’t ideal having three stops before your resort. We will not use the bus again. We decided we would rather pay a little more for direct service next time.

I wonder how far in advance Mears has the route set up, for each run. Is it possible that each driver decides the routing and order of drop-offs, depending on the composition of their particular load, which can greatly vary?

If a QR Code is sent two days in advance, does that indicate that Mears sets up the routing for each motor coach by that time?

Reading these reviews (which are all very helpful), it sounds like you get a similar experience to DME except it isn't Disney-themed and you are paying (in some cases a significant amount). Our previous experiences with DME ranged from fine to not great, but DME was free so we lived with the not great experiences. The added cost for the same service reinforces my thinking that the $128 we'd spend for Mears is likely better spent on private transfer.

Used Mears Connect on 1/26 to go from MCO to Dolphin Resort. Did not see any signage indicating Mears however in their email they clearly gave their location as previous location of the DME so no problem locating them. Area was not crowded when we arrived and were directed to line labeled Dolphin/Swan, There were 2 other families waiting. Waited 10 minutes before being directed to bus along with group waiting for Boardwalk Resort. Once on bus waiting another 12 minutes during which a few passengers arrived before leaving. Dropped off Boardwalk first than Dolphin. really did miss the Disney bus with the video just not the same vibe at all.

There is anecdotal evidence That Mears Connect puts "standard" guests on "express" trips to Disney, dropping them off after dropping off the "express" guests. And picking up standard guests before going to the express guests' resort and then continuing directly back to the airport. Depending on the number of express service bookings this may improve the sustainability of the overall Mears Connect service. Yes, the express guests are getting the service that was advertised.

I guess that Mears would "love" to play Disney videos in Mears Connect but they would have to pay royalties to Disney to do that

Last edited:
Form this thread, I am getting the general impression that the pickup area at MCO is not very busy and you get in your appropriate bus line pretty quickly. I am curious because we are trying Mears for the first time next Friday and trying to decide how to approach it. The past couple visits on DME, I would go get all our bags while my partner got in line for DME (because it was so insanely long). That worked out well because by the time I got the bags, she was near the front of the line. but now it seems splitting up may not be necesarry if the line is that short

Wanted to share our experience as we’re currently on the bus to our hotel.

We scanned in at 1:38, got loaded on the bus at 1:44, and left at 1:52.

I think we lucked out in that there’s a group that paid for express service to AKL, and since we’re at Kidani, we got put in the same bus as them, and will be the second stop. From the sounds of it, our bus was not originally scheduled to go to AKL.

Form this thread, I am getting the general impression that the pickup area at MCO is not very busy and you get in your appropriate bus line pretty quickly. I am curious because we are trying Mears for the first time next Friday and trying to decide how to approach it. The past couple visits on DME, I would go get all our bags while my partner got in line for DME (because it was so insanely long). That worked out well because by the time I got the bags, she was near the front of the line. but now it seems splitting up may not be necesarry if the line is that short
We arrived 1/27 around 1:15pm and there was no line at all to check in at Mears!

So I wonder what all the people who used to be lined up for DME are doing....and if there is any problem finding Uber/Lyft rides and if those ride share prices have increased as a result of no DME,,,

personally, I truly don’t think this is necessary. We arrived Sat AM. There were empty stations where we scanned our QR code at MCO @10:56. Boarded bus to Pop @10:58 and bus left at 11:08. We were second stop, after CBR.

personally, I truly don’t think this is necessary. We arrived Sat AM. There were empty stations where we scanned our QR code at MCO @10:56. Boarded bus to Pop @10:58 and bus left at 11:08. We were second stop, after CBR.

Please report back how your return trip to the airport is with Mears Connect. I was planning on using this service for our quick trip in April, but my TA told me she is currently not advising her clients to use Mears Connect because of the negative reviews. I'm not sure what to do now. We are also staying at POP, which is why I am interested in your experience.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter