Mears Connect, Shared, & Superstar experience (ECV user)

Goldelpack

👍AP 2023
Last week (march '22) I tried a variety of Mears provided transportation options. First was from MCO to the Adventura Hotel at Universal (branded as Superstar Shuttle) and run 100% by MEARS. There's some room for improvement regarding actually finding the place to check in! I did get a text about an hour before but being unfamiliar with the set up at MCO I wasn't too sure what I needed to do. The text told me:
"When you arrive in Orlando, collect your bags on Level 2 then return to Level 3 and proceed to Level 1 of Terminal A to check in for your shuttle. The SuperStar Shuttle Check-In Desk is located in Terminal A next to Hertz and is open 7am-8pm...."
I scootered (ECV user) to Terminal A and went all the way to my right. Not there. Went all the way to almost the end of the other side - saw Hertz in huge letters, but didn't see SuperStar Shuttle or Mears sign. Scooted around outside thinking maybe the desk was outside - nope. Went back inside and scootered past Hertz where I saw the tiniest of signs on the counter indicating it was the place! YAY! Check in took about 2 minutes and I got a card with the return information for pick up. Went outside back to the other side where the busses are located and there was a partly filled bus waiting. Got onboard and waited a short time for more guests to board and then we were off. I think the driver said there were 7 stops - but once we got to the area it was extremely fast and efficient.
Next was using the Mears Connect service to go from
  1. Universal's Adventura to the Animal Kingdom - about 20 minutes before my requested time I got a text informing me that cab ### would be picking me up. It was a cab equipped with a fold out ramp and came exactly on time.
  2. Hollywood Studios to Adventura -- about 30 minutes before requested time text informed van ### would pick me up. It was a bit confusing as to where I had to go - so I went to where I saw a group of MEARS taxis and they showed me where I had to go.
  3. Adventura to the Magic Kingdom. Same as before. Text 15 or so minutes before.. maybe earlier. Van showed up on time at my hotel and dropped me at TTC.
  4. EPCOT to Adventura. Same procedure. Got text - but then I wasn't sure exactly where to go - but I saw the van in the parking lot and went there.
I was extremely satisfied overall with the experience. As I said, there's room for improvement regarding actually finding the places I needed to go to get to the vehicles. Since the SuperStar shuttle has been in operation for some time I'd have thought there'd be clearer signage - and the same at WDW parks. I was worried about transporting the ECV but they paid attention to the request indicating I was using one and had ramp equipped vehicles.

Using SuperStar shuttle back to the airport was just as easy. The busses are comfortable - I had my personal transportable ECV and just stowed it under the bus.

Transportation between Adventure and Disney. Could you pick whatever time you wanted? Were you limited to a few times from a pull down menu?

Transportation between Adventure and Disney. Could you pick whatever time you wanted? Were you limited to a few times from a pull down menu?
There was a drop down menu of times to choose from - if memory serves me it was pretty much hourly... like 9, 10, etc but I had a 9:50pm pick up so I'm guessing that varies. That would be for the cheapest shared or van - for which I was the only rider. There's so many different transport options available and if you need a specific time you'd likely pay a bit more. I think my rides were like $12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter