Mears - How punctual do I need to be?

CounselorX

DIS Veteran
It's going to be a long day of flying for us and we're scheduled to land at 9:23 PM. I'm estimating that we won't make it in time to the Pop food court to eat a late dinner before they close. So, my question is, if we take an extra 30 or so minutes at MCO to grab something to eat, will that cause a problem with our Mears reservation? I know this would have been fine with Magical Express but I don't have any experience with Mears. Thanks in advance for any advice!

It should not be an issue at all. ME was run by Mears and they basically run it the same way, load and go. The biggest difference to the general riding public is the busses aren't decorated all Disney like Flights are always delayed, luggage takes longer then expected to get to the belt etc. so they don't assign you a specific bus to your resort.

On the way back to MCO of course you need to be on time.

It should not be an issue at all. ME was run by Mears and they basically run it the same way, load and go. The biggest difference to the general riding public is the busses aren't decorated all Disney like Flights are always delayed, luggage takes longer then expected to get to the belt etc. so they don't assign you a specific bus to your resort.

On the way back to MCO of course you need to be on time.
Alright, great. The main thing I wasn't sure about was if they still have buses going 'round-the-clock like before, or if maybe less people use it now (since there is no free Magical Express) and thus have less available buses.

Yep, still 24/7.

As an FYI you can plan out your food options so you know what to expect and see what will be open when you arrive.

https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/shops-restaurants/

If you are checking luggage I would think about picking it up before you eat. As much as it will be a bit of a pain you probably don't want it going round and round on the belt unattended for a long period of time.

It's going to be a long day of flying for us and we're scheduled to land at 9:23 PM. I'm estimating that we won't make it in time to the Pop food court to eat a late dinner before they close. So, my question is, if we take an extra 30 or so minutes at MCO to grab something to eat, will that cause a problem with our Mears reservation? I know this would have been fine with Magical Express but I don't have any experience with Mears. Thanks in advance for any advice!
I used Mears when I flew in Aug 30 in the midst of the hurricane. The language in the confirmation said something like it is good for 24 hours if my plane was delayed (found the email. It is 48 hours). They also said they do not track specific flights, so they won't know if your flight was delayed. You'll be fine!

ARRIVAL FLIGHT DELAYS

If your arriving flight has been delayed, your boarding pass with QR code is valid up to 48 hours from your original reservation time. We are a 24-hour operation and will get you to your resort.

Last edited:
I haven't read any answers, but in my experience flying OUT of MCO around your arrival time, THE EATERIES are closed.

I would plan to eat on the plane. I believe most restaurants at MCO close at 9. I was surprised how early everything closed the last time we flew in around 9:30.

The problem with bringing food aboard to eat on the plane is the confusion of the gate agent treating your food as your carryon and your having to check your intended carryon.
Or having to buy overpriced and undertasty airlplane food.

One big box of cereal and space inside your carryon to put it will get around the above problems and no child will suffer by missing one real meal..

Last edited:
Hmm, I have never had a problem bringing food I obviously purchased at the airport (for consumption on the plane) on as a separate bag. Bringing food from home is a different situation.

If flying during meal time (lunch/dinner) we bring subs and have never had an issue getting them through security and on the plane with multiple airlines and different airports. However as a piece of advice if getting something like an Italian do not get it with dressing as by the time you go to eat it it may be a soggy mess.

One food issue could be something like peanut butter as TSA considers that a liquid so you have to watch the limits.

If flying during meal time (lunch/dinner) we bring subs and have never had an issue getting them through security and on the plane with multiple airlines and different airports. However as a piece of advice if getting something like an Italian do not get it with dressing as by the time you go to eat it it may be a soggy mess.

One food issue could be something like peanut butter as TSA considers that a liquid so you have to watch the limits.
Regarding subs, you can always bring small packages of Italian dressing to put on the sub right before eating it. It's less than an ounce, so you can carry them on. Make sure you put it in a quart-sized bag.

Actually, you can take peanut butter and jelly sandwiches through TSA. While TSA considers peanut butter and jelly by themselves as liquid, they consider PB&J sandwiches as solids. However, the problem is, the plane itself might become a peanut-free zone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter