Meg & Co. Take Over WDW! UD 7/25: We Leave TOMORROW!

AmandaSparks730

<marquee><font color=purple> All shall know the wo
:welcome:

Welcome to my first Pre-Trip Report! :woohoo:

For past adventures by me, click on the August '08 TR link in my sig :)

Who: Meg & Co.

What: WDW trip!

When: July 26-31, 2010

Where: WDW/AKL

Why: Meg's 17th birthday party:

The Cast:

Meg: Myself. 16. Obsessed with Broadway musicals/musical theater. Also a major history nerd. High School Junior (honor student). Only child with friends acting as honorary siblings. Disney lover from birth; first trip being at the age of 2. Collects Disney pins. Loves MGM (and refuses to call it "DHS"). Also loves Tinkerbelle, Stitch, and Belle. Is taking this trip to have one last fling before Senior Year (and, with it, the ultra-stressful and dreaded Senior Project). Also for her birthday. Also because she is having Disney Withdrawl.

Mom: Mother to Meg. 40something. Also a Disney lover. Social worker. Loves to travel (and loves that Meg loves to travel). Was the one who helped Meg get on Dad's back about this trip. Tolerates Meg's obsession with musical theater the best that she can. Loves the MK. Claims that Splash Mountain is her favorite ride, but has also been heard stating that Tower of Terror is her favorite. Loves Eeyore.

Dad: Father to Meg. 40something. Not as much of a Disney lover as Meg and Mom are. General Manager of Chuck-E Cheese. Wanted to go to Mexico for this vacation. The closest he's coming to it is EPCOT. Happily supports Meg's musical theater obsession. Does not claim to a favorite ride or a favorite park, but has a fondness for Grumpy and Goofy.

Auntie Nancy: Aunt to Meg and older sister to Mom. 50something. Will BECOME a Disney lover in due time. Works in some sort of factory doing some sort of thing that is outside of Meg's brain capacity. Meg is unsure of her favorite character, so she will not state that.

Uncle Ed: Uncle to Meg and husband to Auntie Nancy. 50something. Also will BECOME a Disney lover in due time. Works at the same place that Auntie Nancy does, also doing some sort of computer-related thing that is outside of Meg's brain capacity. Meg is unsure of his favorite character as well.

And now Meg will stop talking in third person :rotfl:

Okay, so now that you've met the major characters, let's move on to the minor characters.

As I posted out trip dates on Facebook, a girl whom I am friendly with, and whom I have known for several years, is going the 25-30. Coincidentally, she is staying at the same hotel that we are! I'll probably meet up with her at some point; her name, for future reference, is Janelle.

I am also planning on meeting up with a Teen Board DISer whom I've gotten to be very good friends with; disneychick2721. Her name is Kara. She'll be there the same time as we are, but she'll be at the Poly (jealous!).

Mom, Dad, and I will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Auntie Nancy and Uncle Ed will be staying at POP, but will join us in the parks and whatnot.

No itinerary as of yet, but we have booked two things.

One is my birthday dinner, which I have chosen to be at 1900 Park Fare on my birthday, which is July 30.

The other is...

THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM TOUR! pixiedust:

I've been DYING to take this tour, but I've never been old enough :(

But now I am! So off we go!

Our KKT will be July 27, at 9:00 A.M.

That's all for now, so comment! Join! Check back in for news about our trip, school, and etc!

Love, Meg

Hi Meg!

Hooray... good ole Dad came through in the clinch!!!

What a wonderfully perfect birthday present! :cloud9: You will love KTTK... I was sure that I was not going to learn anything new about WDW, but I was wrong! It was a lot of fun.

Glad to see that you are already planning the "conversion" of your Aunt and Uncle. The more Disney fans you have on your side, the better!!

AKL is just gorgeous.... are you getting a savanna view? Its more $$ but definitelly worth it IMHO.

Looking forward to all your plans...

Kathy

All the broadway stuff sucked me in...I'm in. I LOVE me some broadway..we probably have a ton to chat about! :goodvibes

I can't wait! Any upcoming trips to NYC or shows you're seeing coming up?

I can't wait! Any upcoming trips to NYC or shows you're seeing coming up?

Not as of yet, but if we do take one, it's most likely going to be in May.

All the broadway stuff sucked me in...I'm in. I LOVE me some broadway..we probably have a ton to chat about! :goodvibes

Welcome aboard! I guess we will have things to talk about! :)

Hi Meg!

Hooray... good ole Dad came through in the clinch!!!

What a wonderfully perfect birthday present! :cloud9: You will love KTTK... I was sure that I was not going to learn anything new about WDW, but I was wrong! It was a lot of fun.

Glad to see that you are already planning the "conversion" of your Aunt and Uncle. The more Disney fans you have on your side, the better!!

AKL is just gorgeous.... are you getting a savanna view? Its more $$ but definitelly worth it IMHO.

Looking forward to all your plans...

Kathy

Hi, Kathy! :hug:

No savannah view...pool view...still, so excited!

Great so far Meg :DD

I'm so excited for you! WOOT!

Thanks, Megan!

Just coming in to the PTR! Happy early early early birthday! :thumbsup2 Now this is going to sound very un-DISer, but what is the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? *Ducks flying Mickey Ears* Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the rest! popcorn::

Pool View is awesome, too!! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for you!

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy!

Just coming in to the PTR! Happy early early early birthday! :thumbsup2 Now this is going to sound very un-DISer, but what is the Keys to the Kingdom Tour? *Ducks flying Mickey Ears* Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the rest! popcorn::

Keys to the Kingdom Tour? Oh, it sounds super-fun! It's a tour of the Magic Kingdom, basically. A guide takes a small group around the park, going on select rides, and learning the "backstory" of some of the rides and the park itself. It includes lunch, and a trip into the secret underground tunnels of the MK!

Itinerary and Wish Me Luck!

I thought I'd post our basic itinerary for the trip!

Monday, July 26, 2010
6:00 AM: Flight leaves PVD.
8:50 AM: Flight arrives at MCO. :yay:
10:30 AM or so: Arrive at AKL.
10:45 AM: Bus over to AK!
10:45-6:00 PM AK.
6:00-8:00 PM: EMH at AK (if needed/wanted).
8:00 PM: Check into room.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010
7:00 AM: Bus to MK.
8:00-8:30 AM: EMH at MK.
8:30 AM: Check in for KTTK tour.
9:00-2:15 PM: KTTK :dance3:
2:15 PM: Bus to AKL.
3:00 PM: Bus to DTD.
3:15-whenever: DTD.
Whenever: Bus to AKL.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010
8:00 AM: Bus to MGM.
9:00 AM-8:00 PM: MGM.
8:00-11:00 PM: EMH at MGM!

Thursday, July 29, 2010
8:00 AM: Bus to EPCOT.
9:00 AM-9:00 PM: EPCOT.
9:00 PM-12:00 AM: EMH at EPCOT.

Friday, July 30, 2010 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
Sleep in!
Pool time.
Leave AKL at 4:30 PM.
Bus to MK; monorail to GF.
6:00 PM: Birthday dinner at 1900 Park Faire!
8:00 PM: Monorail to MK.
8:15-11:00 PM: MK.
11:00 PM-2:00 AM: EMH at MK.

Saturday, July 31, 2010
Sleep in.
Hang around hotel.
ME bus at 11:30 to MCO.
2:20: Flight leaves MCO.
5:00: Flight arrives at PVD.

I think it's a bee-yoo-tee-ful itinerary! :lovestruc

Oh, and one more thing: I have an interview for Spanish National Honor Society (SNHS) on this Wednesday, 3/10. If I pass, I get in. If I do okay and just seem nervous, I get a retake. Hopefully, I'll just pass and get in easily! Wish me luck!

Love, Meg

Hey Meg!
Elin & :figment: are joining in! You seem brave doing four parks in a row. haha.
Looking forward to the rest. :-)

My "Alice" Review & Good News!

Good news first! I made Spanish National Honor Society! Gracias to Hedy, who wished me buena suerte :)

:dance3: :yay: :upsidedow

There will be a ceremony in April; I will tell you all about that when the time comes. This will look SO good on my college applications; 5 years of Spanish (3 of those being honors Spanish) have really paid off, and I can't be more grateful to the teachers who have helped me along thus far. Yes, I'm doing AP Spanish V in my Senior Year. Yes, I am insane. But it's all 100% worth it.

Moving on...

Dad and I saw Alice in Wonderland on Friday afternoon. Here is my condensed review on it:

Costumes: 10/10. GORGEOUS costuming, especially on Alice's dresses.
Acting: 9.5/10. Great acting on all fronts, especially Mia, Helena, and Anne.
Plot: 9/10. The backstory of Alice's father was a nice touch. It stayed pretty true to to books (particularly Through the Looking Glass), which was good.
Special Effects: 10/10. Incredible! Loved the Chesire Cat, the Jabberwocky, etc.
Overall: 9.5/10. I'm definately buying this when it comes out on DVD!

So...what else is new? Our dog, Scooby's, birthday is today. He's 10. He's my baby boy :dog2:

Lots (LOTS) of drama on the school front. I guess what's what happens when you get 18 very intelligent people together for 2 hours (Humanities class). :chat:

Dance is coming along nicely...recital is 3 months away, so no pressure (yet). I'm just so glad that the theme this year is 80's :rockband:

I'll update in a couple weeks!

Love, Meg

Hey :wave:
I'm so jealous that you get to stay at AKL! I've always wanted to stay there
I'll be just missing you, we're going July 6th-13th

I'm definatly subbin'!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter