Meg's (OceanGdss) Wedding TR!! SBP/Ariel's + Honeymoon!

You two are sooo cute!!! I've just finished your HM TR and it sounded amazing! I can't wait to read more on your wedding :)

This is my first post on the wedding board because a) its the wedding board 2) I was banned from doing so by my wife until now and D) I already read and post on 11 boards on the DIS, I really dont need another....

But I wanted to take a second to make sure everyone is clear that I picked out the amazing cake, and that the Illuminations dessert party was my idea.

That is all.

This concludes our special report. We now return you to your program already in progress.

you guys are sooo cute!!
Ive banned my df as well as i am sure he will sneak...
BEAUTIFUL pictures I can not wait to see more!:lovestruc

We had mostly Cuban style food on our buffet, because my mom's side of the family is originally from Key West, and our family background is from there. On the buffet we had:

1905 salad: A recipe from the Columbia restaurant, an old historic Cuban restaurant in FL.
Steamed Muscels: Narcoossee's recipe. We eat here a lot, and love this appetizer, so we figured it belonged at our wedding.
Crab cakes.
Pulled roast pork: This is where the Cuban comes out.
Black beans and yellow rice.
Sweet Plantains.
Lemon pepper chicken: This was an afterthought addition for those who weren't fans of Cuban food. My dads side of the family can be picky eaters. As it turns out, everyone raved about the chicken, for some reason.
Cuban bread.

My family is Cuban too and I was wondering if they could do a few Cuban dishes! How were they? Did the disney chefs do a good job with Cuban food? My Dad is from havana and we have a ton of family coming from Miami for the wedding, do you think Cuban food would be overkill?
Congrats on the big day your pics are gorgeous! Many happy returns to WDW :cloud9:

sorry to highjack your thread, I just got so excited when I saw Cuban food I had to ask :)

I thought they did a good job with the Cuban dishes. As it turned out, the chef at the YC who handled our wedding was from Puerto Rico, so I'm sure that definitely helped. He said he was in heaven when he saw our menu at the tasting. Then again, our stuff was pretty basic. Not much to black beans and rice with roast pork. Not sure how it would be if we had some more involved dishes like picadillo or something, but then again my guess is its not their first time having Cuban food requested.

As far as how it would be for your wedding, I guess it depends on how particular your guests are about their own style of food. For example, if my family was Italian, I might be afraid to have Disney do lasagna:laughing: . In our case, only about 10 of our 75 guests would know really good Cuban food when they had it, so therefore it was difficult to disappoint most. Then again, some could think its cool that you did Cuban at Disney, and so they wouldnt care if it didnt taste like it does in Havana. So...hows that for not answering the question:lmao:

you did a great job answering the question, thanks. Ok all done highjacking your post :) More pics from the wedding:goodvibes !

I was so excited to see your review of Marion. She was our planner too and I can't imagine imagine our wedding without her. She truly cares about her job and is great at getting down to business when needed. Laura and Randy were also great parts of our day too, so I can't wait to read more of your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter