Memorial Day Grand Gathering

Oh come ON.....we're a bunch of OLD people!!!! How wild can we REALLY get??? Hell...we'll all probably be passed out by 10!!!! I cant party as hard as I did a few years back...ok, I CAN, but DAAAANG....it takes a LOOOONG time to recover these days!!!!

Yeah, getting older stinks.... My old band called me the other day to see if I could help them out. I thought about the money and thought I could do it. Then I thought about the 1 1/2 hour drive to the gig ( not to mention the drive home at 2 am). It's not that I can't do it,,, I just don't want to. I miss the stage but I'll have to wait for a closer one. On the other hand, I've got about 18 yrs experience singing in a rock band. Lucky for me, everybody wants to play guitar at the GG and no one wants to sing :banana: :woohoo: .

Not getting old..just ummm...realistic?...:laughing:
You two guys might want to check this out....and also you beer lovers will relate;) ..watch: (oh...and no tissue warnings..sorry about that yesterday guys.:flower3: .this one's all fun!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9f-lXqUZ18

I love me some Toby Keith. My friend saw him in concert in iraq said he did the show then came and ate dinner with them and just hung out for a while. Said he was an awesome guy. Anybody does something like that for our troops is a good person in my book.

Last I heard it was your trailer :rolleyes1

seriously, with the crowd you usually have, a few more aint gonna mean much ...:lmao:

That's all fine and dandy, but I'm staying in a cabin!

As an added note, I am only taking 4 this trip. It's like a vacation on a vacation!:lmao:

I love me some Toby Keith. My friend saw him in concert in iraq said he did the show then came and ate dinner with them and just hung out for a while. Said he was an awesome guy. Anybody does something like that for our troops is a good person in my book.

I like him also ;) I've read that he does alot for the troops, gotta admire that. :thumbsup2

are ordering new uniforms for this event!

20070503-nc1.jpg

Why can't we just meet in the middle of a loop, like in the grass. I can set up some stuff and we can get going. I am always willing to volunteer my site. I am making up some special items for the GG members. I am not telling though...

I can see the 11 oclock news teaser now... "Tonight at 11 on channel 2 action news, It started as a good natured get together of internet friends, it ended up with stolen chip and dale costumes up in smoke, and a drunken high speed golf cart chase.... details at 11.

:lmao::lmao:

south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

Hello
New to this board, Just found it. But not new to Disney World or FT Wilderness. Been going to WDW since it open in the 70's. It will be the first time for my Wife and her boys. My daughters and I where there last over Xmas 2005.

We have down sided out camper do to storage and Fuel prices. Sold our 32' 5ther and bought a Truck camper. Wanted to get this trip in before the two oldest head off to collage.

We will be there from 5/25- 5/30.
I just tried to post a pic of our truck and camper and it blocked me till I get ten post in. I have a red F350 and a Coachmen truck camper if you see us stop by and say hi!

Has anyone come up with a place?

I have booked two sites for the night of the PAAAARRRTTTY. I had to book like 10 days just to get one but hey, that's how you beat the system. Now I have to cancel the other 9 days and keep just the one day. I then have to tie it in to the GG and try and get the site next to my existing reservation or next to GATORDAD'S. If this happens, and knowing Disney, I have my doubts, then we will have the PAAAARRRTTTY at this vacant campsite. If it does not come through then we will have to find another location. I will tackle this boondoggle on Monday, the 5TH and will let everyone know what they say. :thumbsup2

Hello
New to this board, Just found it. But not new to Disney World or FT Wilderness. Been going to WDW since it open in the 70's. It will be the first time for my Wife and her boys. My daughters and I where there last over Xmas 2005.

We have down sided out camper do to storage and Fuel prices. Sold our 32' 5ther and bought a Truck camper. Wanted to get this trip in before the two oldest head off to collage.

We will be there from 5/25- 5/30.
I just tried to post a pic of our truck and camper and it blocked me till I get ten post in. I have a red F350 and a Coachmen truck camper if you see us stop by and say hi!

If you attach your ressie to the Grand Gathering, we can know exactly where you are and come by and say hi. The number should be in the sticky, but if you have questions, please pm Gatordad, he won't be back until the 11th, but will answer any of your questions upon his return.

I have booked two sites for the night of the PAAAARRRTTTY. I had to book like 10 days just to get one but hey, that's how you beat the system. Now I have to cancel the other 9 days and keep just the one day. I then have to tie it in to the GG and try and get the site next to my existing reservation or next to GATORDAD'S. If this happens, and knowing Disney, I have my doubts, then we will have the PAAAARRRTTTY at this vacant campsite. If it does not come through then we will have to find another location. I will tackle this boondoggle on Monday, the 5TH and will let everyone know what they say. :thumbsup2

That sounds very doable and easier than the pool.

What type of site is everyone getting? I know some are tents and some have pets but, is there a general site ( full or prefered ). I scheduled for a full hookup to be in the main loop with everybody else but then thought that maybe preferred was the prominate site.

What type of site is everyone getting? I know some are tents and some have pets but, is there a general site ( full or prefered ). I scheduled for a full hookup to be in the main loop with everybody else but then thought that maybe preferred was the prominate site.

we have a full

I prefer to be with everyone else also but I doubt that is possible with some having pets (like me), others preferring preferred sites and others just full hookup sites etc... but I think they will get as many as possible in the same loop. Only time will tell.

I believe we have a full hookup.
Oh, and great idea Big Kahuna!!

I prefer to be with everyone else also but I doubt that is possible with some having pets (like me), others preferring preferred sites and others just full hookup sites etc... but I think they will get as many as possible in the same loop. Only time will tell.

i don't have pets that are going, but also don't mind being with them in the loops...my only pet stays home and could easily be seen as food for the local raptors, so he stays indoors...

we can have pete request us all be in a pet full hook up...how bout it chris?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter