Memory maker question

Mermaidtails1323

Mouseketeer
Couldn’t find the answer, so was hoping I could get help here!

We are traveling (soon!) to Disney with another family. They will be arriving before us and leaving 1 day earlier than us. We are already linked in MDE and are planning to share memory maker.

My question is, since they are leaving 1 day earlier, does that mean our family’s last day of pictures won’t count towards the purchase? I wasn’t sure if memory maker pictures were only valid for length of stay or if it’s 30 days from start of trip.

Thanks!

Memory maker photos only apply to the party who purchased that option. I am not clear from you post whether your family is purchasing memory maker or the other family. People may appear in the same photos who don't have memory maker or the owner may choose to 'share' what they download when the vacation has ended. However, linking in MDE doesn't change who purchased/owns that feature.

I thought there was a way to link the accounts so that we can both download separately? I know if we link our accounts, we can see both sets of pictures. If we need to use their memory maker account to download the photos, that is fine, as they have offered to do this. I was just hoping to save them the extra step and thought there was a way we could link memory maker.

Do you know if photos show up in Memory Maker only for length of trip? Or is it for 30 days from start of trip?

Probably good to look here for Disney's explanation of this feature.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/memory-maker/

We went to Disney a few years ago with another family who purchased memory maker. At end of our vacation, they were able to download and share pictures with us. Only the account who purchased that feature can download the pictures. As I recall you have to do the download within a certain number of days after you vacation has ended but don't recall the exact number.

I thought there was a way to link the accounts so that we can both download separately? I know if we link our accounts, we can see both sets of pictures. If we need to use their memory maker account to download the photos, that is fine, as they have offered to do this. I was just hoping to save them the extra step and thought there was a way we could link memory maker.

Do you know if photos show up in Memory Maker only for length of trip? Or is it for 30 days from start of trip?

Only the owner can download unwatermarked images. But they should get yours from the last day as the use period is 30 days.

I bought the MM for our trip and after I'd download them, I just shared them with my mom (who was on the trip with me). She could see the photos on her MDE but they had the watermark, hence why I'd download and then share them. OP, depending on who buys MM, either your family or the other family will not be able to use the feature on the days your trip doesn't overlap.

Thanks for all the help! For some reason I thought it would show up on both sides. Sounds like we will have to coordinate!

Thanks for all the help! For some reason I thought it would show up on both sides. Sounds like we will have to coordinate!
Memory Maker is valid for 30 days. As long as you are friends in MDE with all family members vacationing with you their photos will be available for you to download, even if taken after you leave.

As above, the MDE account that owns MM will see all photos taken of them and anyone in their F&F list during the duration of the MM purchase (30 days from the date the first photo is taken). The people who don’t own MM will see the photos but with a watermark. So the owner of the MM needs to download the photos and can then share them as they wish.

PS everyone who wants to have their photos show in the MM account needs to be sure they give permission to share their photos with the owner of the MM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter