• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mesquite, NV or Las Vegas for one-night stop?

mermaidwannabe

DIS Veteran
Hi, we're driving from San Diego to Zion National Park and were going to stay at the Falcon Ridge Hotel in Mesquite on the way, but now I'm wavering to maybe staying at the Excalibur. We have 4 DDs (11, 8 and 5) and the Excalibur is only $20 more than the Falcon Ridge. We wouldn't have that much time there but thought it'd be fun for the girls to see Las Vegas as long as it didn't end up being a pain with parking, eating, loud at night, etc.

Any thoughts?

Just mt opinion but it will cost you alot more than $20 to stay at the Excalibur when you add in the cost of the games your kids will want to play, the 4-D Sponge Bob movie they will want to see and the arcade they will want to go in. Don't get me wrong it will be great fun and there is a ton more stuff to see and do than in Mesquite, but know what you are getting into :) .

Parking will be no problem, eating will be fun and can be pretty cheap and the noise won't be a problem at all in the actual hotel room.

We usually stay overnight in Mesquite when driving back from CA. During the week motels are under $30 for the two we've stayed at.
The Oasis has a great pool for your kids ages with a little slide and waterfalls to swim under. Mini golf & gokarts and cheap buffet. We've also stayed at the other cheap motel, can't remember the name but it's on the west side on the highway. The pools aren't as nice. It also has a decent buffet, bowling and movie theatre.
There's not a whole lot to do in Mesquite but it is somewhat relaxing.
Both places have an arcade too.
Can't place the Falcon Ridge Hotel.

Good point about the Excalibur. If my kids see those things, they will definitely want to do them. I guess I'll have to redo my budget and see where I can cut some things or not. If not, I'll just stick with Mesquite. Thanks to the other poster about the Oasis info. I think at the time I booked the Falcon Ridge Hotel, I read a tripadvisor post about bedbugs because I remember the pool looked amazing, which my kids would love.

Thanks for the info!

I can't picture which one the Falcon Ridge is. I'd try Casablanca if you can get it for close to the same price. Much cleaner and better maintained that Oasis or Virgin River plus they have a nice pool.

You may consider driving on to St. George. Ther are a few nice hotels there. I'm pretty sure there is a new Hampton Inn and a new Holiday Inn express. From Mesquite St. George is a pretty short drive :) and there's a Cracker Barrel :lovestruc

Hmm, I'll check on the Casablanca and St. George - I'm all about the food. ;)
I know the Falcon has a pool but I haven't seen a picture of it yet.
My husband is convinced we could go anywhere as long as it had a pool! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter