• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Metal Detectors?

Payroll

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

My family will be tent camping at FW for the first time in Nov/Dec and I wanted to find out if anyone knows if the CM's discourage the use of metal detectors around the camping and beach area. I'm hoping to combine two of my favorite pastimes if possible, but will give up the metal detector in order to camp in the World!

Has anyone else had any luck if this is allowed? I hate to give everyone else the same idea, but it seems like these areas would be prime spots to find goodies that had been misplaced. I was lucky enough to have found a Seiko diver's watch when I was at Disney Hilton Head, but I just happened to see it lying in the grass. No metal detector involved. No one claimed it at the hotel, so I got to keep it!

Anyway, just wanted to check with others more experienced in this area than myself. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

- Mark

I have never seen anyone using one. I think you should call FW and ask. I don't think they will be too keen on the idea of someone digging up the campground, though.

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter