MGM-Sci-Fi, H&V, 50sPT reviews

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Back from 10 days of Free Dining.
We are DH, Me, DD11, DS8, (plus MIL54, FIL55, BIL26, SIL25)
Here is the TS we ate at at MGM:

SCI-FI
We got in within 5 minutes for a 12:30 ressie.

DH had Mushroom Burger, chocolate shake, coke and onion rings
DS8 had Cheeseburger, fruit and cheese appetizer, kids ice cream dessert
DD11 and I shared Ribs, onion rings, coke, and chocolate sundae

DH liked it, and DS liked his.
DD and I did not like the ribs, found them very very salty. There was 6 ribs on the plate, so we had enough, though I only ate 2 because I didn't like them. The onion rings were okay, but very greasy, and I didn't love the beer batter on them. Our server brought us out 2 glasses of coke, and even had split our meal onto two plates. (she also did that to MIL and SIL who shared a bbq chicken sandwich)

The ambience was cute, but it is very dark in there! And amazingly quiet!
We give it an average of 3.25 out of 5.
Would we go again? Yes, if it was free!

HOLLYWOOD AND VINE
We had the buffet of course, since that is all that is offered! We had to wait about 35 minutes for our table, didn't like that too much!! Ressie was for 5:50. Saw them turn away about 20 people who tried to walk up.

We liked it here! The food was good. We really liked the garlic mashed potatoes. The kids meatballs and chicken were very good. FIL loved the shrimp. We only saw our server once, so was hard getting refills on soda! Kids liked it here, there was lots of choices for the eight of us. The brownies tasted old and freezer burnt. Though the fruit desserts were good. We had the Fantasmic package, but we didn't even sit in that section. Did like the back walkway though to avoid the lineup at the Fantasmic gate.
Price would have been $84.00
We give it an average of 3.5.
Would we go again? Yes, if it was free!

50'S PRIME-TIME CAFE
Had a lunch ressie for 12:15, got in within 10 minutes.
It is so cute in there! MIL liked it alot!
We had Mikey for our server, he was too funny. He picked on me the most. When I went to the bathroom, when I came back he asked me what color the soap was. I said pink or blue? He was yelling, well, which one was it? Then he yelled at another server lady that I didn't wash my hands. Too funny. When I would ask a question, he was like "Didn't I just tell you that, duh!" He called DD sis all the time, she thought it was funny. He was snarky, brother-like, teased us, it was great!
DH and DS shared the Fried Chicken, with fries and that green stuff
DD and I shared the Fried Chicken, with mashed potatoes and corn (I asked for corn!) You get 4 pieces of chicken, more than enough to share!
BIL had the PotPie and said it was great. SIL had the pot roast and loved it too.
Appetizers we had salad, didn't care for it. DS also had a smoothie. We all had milkshakes, because we ordered them before we decided to share. We didn't get charged, though we should have for one extra smoothie and one extra milkshake. The shakes were very good!
I didn't finish my corn. He told me I had to. He came back a few minutes later and I still wasn't done it. He said fine and took my plate. A few minutes later he came back with 'dessert' for me. It was whipped cream with sprinkles on top!! And---corn underneath!! Too funny! Kids loved it there. Fun for all ages!
The Brownie sundae was awesome!
Price would have been $73.92 (for only 2 meals, with app., drink and dessert)
We gave it a 4.5 out of 5.
Would we eat there again, YES!!

That was our MGM experience, with Prime Time being the clear winner!

Thank you for sharing. We are dining at Hollywood and Vine and the 50s Diner for the first time this time. :cool1:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I think we might actually give 50's prime time a chance because of your lovely review! Thanks! :)

Glad to hear you had such a great time at 50's Primetime. This is a must-dine for me on every trip.

Quick question though. You said the fried chicken came with "greens". Did you mean green beans or something else?

Terk-1 said:
Glad to hear you had such a great time at 50's Primetime. This is a must-dine for me on every trip.

Quick question though. You said the fried chicken came with "greens". Did you mean green beans or something else?

I think it was Collard Greens. (is that what they are called?) None of my family cared for them. I asked for corn instead, which was much tastier!!

Albertan mom said:
I think it was Collard Greens. (is that what they are called?) None of my family cared for them. I asked for corn instead, which was much tastier!!
:rotfl2: That's funny about the "green stuff". I was raised eating collard greens, turnip greens. So when others don't know what they are it kind shocks me. Dh had never had them till he moved down "south" and now he loves them. Also he found he loves friend okra and sweet tea.

I can't wait to try the 50's Dinner on this trip. Sounds like a fun place to eat. :cool1:

Glad to hear a positive on the food at H& V It's a must for us for the charactermeals, I was surprise d you didn't like the onion rings at Sci Fi they seem to always get great reviews!

willis37862 said:
:rotfl2: That's funny about the "green stuff". I was raised eating collard greens, turnip greens. So when others don't know what they are it kind shocks me. Dh had never had them till he moved down "south" and now he loves them. Also he found he loves friend okra and sweet tea.
:cool1:

You definately don't find Collard Greens in Canada! At least not in Alberta! :rotfl:

willis37862 said:

I can't wait to try the 50's Dinner on this trip. Sounds like a fun place to eat. :cool1:

Me too! We have plenty of northern transplants here and they are fascinated we actually eat something that smells that bad when they are cooking. Never really thought about it much!

OP...great reviews.

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter