MIB - Give a girl some help!!!

MsDisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all!!! Ok...I'm a MIB junkie...I drag my children on it many, many times in a row...I'm thrilled because I love video games, and this allows you to work mainly on your own. (I have had MANY fights with my kids on Buzz Lightyear, excess spinning,etc! LOL) So...I'm sure it's been done before, but how about some tips...I can't seem to get much past 275,000 on my own...what to aim for for big points??? And why, oh why don't I always get bonus points when I have clearly hit the "red button" ??? This drives me nuts!!!

I know you guys don't want to see me kicking your butt at the next meet, but really, YOU got your tips from somewhere, my aim is good, but I know it's all about knowing WHAT to hit!!!

Um...and I promised my kids I'd find out what to do to get big points...my 7 year old gets depressed when he gets low scores, and honestly, he's draggin' us down!!!!! LOL Just kidding! Sort of...

Thanks for readin'!!!
Karen

Hey, someone needs to win the pork brains. :)

OK, since I am a nice guy, here are some tips:

General tips:

1.) Never let up on the trigger. If you don't hit anything 10 times, you get 1,000 points automatically.
2.) Find one thing to shoot and don't let up on it.
3.) Try to shoot things in the distance rather than close to you. Most people shoot at things nearby and all the laser pointers start to blend in.

Ride tips:
1.) In the training room, if end up in the left track, aim for a target in the corner. It's in the upper right hand corner as you enter. Keep on it until you can't shoot it anymore.
2.) Next, shoot a target above you. Stay on it until you can't shoot it anymore.
3.) Try to shoot the 2 aliens that are moving forward until you can't shoot it anymore and then shoot any target that you can.

**If you do this, you can come out of the training area with 40,000 points.

In the NYC street:
1.) After you shoot at the aliens near the ship, shoot the alien that is on the fire hydrant. Then shoot the aliens that are in the windows.
2.) After you get shot and spin around, I shoot for the alien in the postal box multiple times, then the aliens in the windows, the big eye in the window, and the alien with the two guns. Keep on these aliens until you can't shoot them anymore.
3.) On the left side, look for an purple alien hiding in the yellow car. Shoot that and I think you get 30,000 points.
4.) I've never been able to score in the alien ambush area. Shoot an alien as they emerge and try to get some points.
5.) To the left, you will see eyes in the bushes. Pick a pair of eyes to shoot and keep on it until you can't shoot it anymore. You will know that you scored a hit if the eyes turn red.

In the aim for the fusion reactor section:
1.) Everyone will be aiming for the fusion reactor, so if your pointer is lost with the others, try to move it away so you can see it and then move it towards the fusion reactor. Hit it several times and score big.
2.) As you move past the theater, don't shoot the aliens. Instead, turn around and shoot the other car's fusion reactor. This gives you big points. Hit it several times and watch your score go up! Do this until you can't shoot the reactor anymore and then shoot the aliens.
3.) Shoot the big bug's eyes. To get the bonus, listen to Zed. After he says, "There's only one thing to do, push..." start pushing the red button. You will get the bonus most of the time.

Now you can get 400,000+ points now and gloat to your friends. :)

You owe me $250 million now. :)

Thanks Barry!!! Some of those things I do...which is why my score is pretty good usually...for a novice! I'm going to print out these tips and study them for my next USF journey! Maybe I'll head there some morning next week and practice! (the kids just LOVE when I go somewhere without them!):D

Now, do you take a check???:D

Karen

They should make some kind of secret code that allows one to get the score 999,999!

My DH and I went on MIB for the first time last week. We had no idea what to shoot at but somehow I managed to get 155,000... dh only got 44,000!!! :D :D :D :D :D I was gloating big time!

Thanks for the tips... now I'll know what to do next time! :)

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to smoke my brother and his girlfriend next month as I am usually the lowest scorer in the group.

Jenn

Ok...so where is MIB999999 on this, huh? Is he afraid someone will kick his butt at the next meet???

Hmph!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure there are other tips...c'mon!!! Please? Pretty please???

Karen

Do you hold the trigger down or just hit it repeatedly? I always feel like mine isn't firing.

I always hold it in...it fires repeatedly then, and it doesn't kill your hand! (now, the experts need to tell you if this is right!)

If you're unsure as to whether it's firing, just hold your hand in front of it for a moment and you'll see the red beam on your hand.

Karen

You can hold down the trigger and it will still shoot. Look at the top of the gun. If the lights are moving, then the gun is working.

Originally posted by MsDisney
Ok...so where is MIB999999 on this, huh? Is he afraid someone will kick his butt at the next meet???

Hmph!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure there are other tips...c'mon!!! Please? Pretty please???

Karen

Are you baiting me MsDisney????

barry's tips are right on and will get you from 400,000 to 550,000. Of course i have 400,000 to 612,000 by the time i am ready to start the FUSION EXHAUST PORT section of the game.

What i do is merely a refinment of barry's tips and i would suggest that you get to the 500,000 plus level consistently and then lets talk or meet at MIB and i will show you what i aim at. Since i have been where you are at, there are two plateaus yet for you to achivev before you even think of the 999,999. there is a plateau at the 500 to 600 level and another at 800,000. the difference between a 800,000 and 999,999 is not great it is just very good execution. Maybe i shpould start classes on saturdays at 10:30 am. Low score buys lunch at Mythos :D

Yes, MIB...I was completely and totally baiting you!!! :D

I like the class idea, tho I don't think I could afford it, since I'd always have low score! Although, dining at Mythos (what with all of the hype here! :D ) definitely appeals to me!

I'll have to definitely ditch the kids and head over there for some practice. I mean, it's hard to concentrate when your son looses his slide on the ride and you spend the rest of the ride panicking as it sits on the floor, wondering WHEN it's going to go flying off...ya know?;)

It's good to have goals, and I'll definitely get busy working on it, and then attend the MIB seminar! Gosh, you don't get bored with it when you're THAT good, do you? I can't imagine THAT happening!:)

Karen

it is hard to get bored when you can consistently shoot 800+ but still not hit 999,999 every time down the track. I will be eating my way thru epcot 11/3 but will be back to my saturday schedule on 11/10. class will not meet on 12/8 due to parts inventory where i work, it is my inventory so i have to be there. I usually hit MIB at 10:30 till 1:00 on saturday. Mythos it and then back to mib till i have had my fill. :bounce:

I would love to meet you up there one Sat. when you go on MIB, I live in Tampa and Have an Annual Pass so it won't be tough. I usually always score around 550,000 to 600,000. But I would love to be able to get to 800,000 everytime and the occasional 999,999.

Just let me know when and what time. i can usually be there either saturday or sunday. I have been pondering if i should post a thread detailing the stratagy i use in either the left or right hand lanes. It is not the difinitive way to play the game but i think only the designer knows that procedure. :smooth:

I can go on any Sat. and most Sun. or anytime during the week. Just tell me the next time your gonna be there and I will meet you up there.

I will be there 11/11. let's meet up at MIB at 10:30 am. Meet at the sign in front across from the entry walk way to MIB. I will have my red spiderman shirt on. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter