Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns in 2022!!!

It's because Disney has set up their experience as a stressful, dog-eat-dog "vacation" with Genie+ and the crazy crowds this year. Just like you have to be on your phone at 7:00 am or risk not getting on RotR, people are terrified that if they don't get their Halloween tickets (or anything else) the moment they're available, they'll be out of luck.

This is precisely it. When dining reservations, lightning lanes, virtual queues and everything else goes in seconds it creates a mentality that everything will be scarce. It’s part of the overall terrible experience they’re turning the whole thing into.

It's because Disney has set up their experience as a stressful, dog-eat-dog "vacation" with Genie+ and the crazy crowds this year. Just like you have to be on your phone at 7:00 am or risk not getting on RotR, people are terrified that if they don't get their Halloween tickets (or anything else) the moment they're available, they'll be out of luck.
I agree but add to that the early booking advantage for onsite guests. This implies scarcity and an expectation that the party will sell out before general access.

Soooo True!!!

Not a true comparison, though. RoR is truly limited. These tickets are not. Not everyone at the park is going to get onto RoR, so yes, you need to be on your phone immediately before the slots fill up in minutes. Party tickets are not going anywhere. Unnecessary FOMO is no excuse, really. They will be able to buy the tickets day-of. No need to buy them seven months out.

Last edited:
Still on that huh? Come on move forward! For me, have gift cards will travel! One less thing to worry about.

So you'll be attending with family? Are you going to wear costumes?
You're so silly. My wife and I have never worn costumes to the party. But then why would you dress up in 98-degree Florida heat? Sweat-drenched Florida high school teenagers get paid to wear Disney costumes. I'm not about to pay them for that 'privilege'.

This is precisely it. When dining reservations, lightning lanes, virtual queues and everything else goes in seconds it creates a mentality that everything will be scarce. It’s part of the overall terrible experience they’re turning the whole thing into.
Thank you for making my point. Dozens of nights worth of party tickets for tens of thousands of guests are NOT going to sell out. Not in seconds, not in weeks, not in months. The three items you listed will. But not these stupid party tickets. They've been on sale for a week now and NOTHING is sold out. Nor will they.

Original poster ^
Not a true comparison, though. RoR is truly limited. These tickets are not. Not everyone at the park is going to get onto RoR, so yes, you need to be on your phone immediately before the slots fill up in minutes. Party tickets are not going anywhere. Unnecessary FOMO is no excuse, really. They will be able to buy the tickets day-of. No need to buy them seven months out.
Wait a second now, I didn't say that!
1652976886977.png
Now you're just putting words in my mouth!

Thank you for making my point. Dozens of nights worth of party tickets for tens of thousands of guests are NOT going to sell out. Not in seconds, not in weeks, not in months. The three items you listed will. But not these stupid party tickets. They've been on sale for a week now and NOTHING is sold out. Nor will they.
My point is to the general mentality of scarcity that Disney is fostering at the moment. Why are people behaving like this? Because Disney are training them to.

Hey! So I'm the only Annual Passholder in my group. I would like to buy tickets for the entire group to get the discounted price. Does anyone know if they will check for everyones Annual Pass when entering the party? TIA

Hey! So I'm the only Annual Passholder in my group. I would like to buy tickets for the entire group to get the discounted price. Does anyone know if they will check for everyones Annual Pass when entering the party? TIA
One AP holder can purchase AP-priced party tickets for the entire group. Same as DVC.

I've also honestly never been asked to show my AP when entering MK with a party ticket purchased with an AP discount. I guess you could be asked if you picked up the tickets at will call, but it shouldn't be a problem. IDK if DVC early entry will be back, but even that allowed 1 member with a blue card to bring in up to 7 additional guests totaling 8 on 1 membership (the additional guests did not need to be members or show proof).

One AP holder can purchase AP-priced party tickets for the entire group. Same as DVC.

I've also honestly never been asked to show my AP when entering MK with a party ticket purchased with an AP discount. I guess you could be asked if you picked up the tickets at will call, but it shouldn't be a problem. IDK if DVC early entry will be back, but even that allowed 1 member with a blue card to bring in up to 7 additional guests totaling 8 on 1 membership (the additional guests did not need to be members or show proof).
Thanks so much!

We are going in September and would like to attend as we’ve never been to the Halloween bash. Is this something worth doing?

Does the map of events/trick or treating come out before the 1st party? I'm going to the 2nd and would love to study it beforehand and make a game plan. This is our first party.

We're planning on going to the August 19th party but with all the crazy flight issues/cancellations, I don't want to buy the tickets ahead of time. What's the likelihood of that night selling out?

Does the map of events/trick or treating come out before the 1st party? I'm going to the 2nd and would love to study it beforehand and make a game plan. This is our first party.
Treats are not important. Watch the parade to see the headless horseman. Choose your spot but anywhere will work.

See the Sanderson’s.

See the fireworks.

Ride a few rides.

Get a picture.

Grab treats if it works on your path. It’s Mars candy you can spend $5 at home and get the same thing. I’m not saying it’s not fun , just plan your night with other things which are unique. We try to do one parade, one Sanderson, ride and treat around that.

For people seeing my response this poster I am familiar with so I am giving her my opinion based on her preferences I have seen.

The map and times guides are key. I make a time line so we know when all things are happening. That really helps if you get delayed or weather issues. I have 2 mnsshp because it’s so hard to do it all. It’s so fun just to walk around and look at guests costumes!!! Then you need food, then you get tired , lol a long yet fun night!

We are going in September and would like to attend as we’ve never been to the Halloween bash. Is this something worth doing?
I love Halloween. My kids would not go when young. They thought it was for babies? Finally in college dd and I did one and wow we love it. I think I like the music, lights and all over Halloween fun. It is a long night so plan accordingly and read all you can to have a game plan.

Treats are not important. Watch the parade to see the headless horseman. Choose your spot but anywhere will work.

See the Sanderson’s.

See the fireworks.

Ride a few rides.

Get a picture.

Grab treats if it works on your path. It’s Mars candy you can spend $5 at home and get the same thing. I’m not saying it’s not fun , just plan your night with other things which are unique. We try to do one parade, one Sanderson, ride and treat around that.

For people seeing my response this poster I am familiar with so I am giving her my opinion based on her preferences I have seen.

The map and times guides are key. I make a time line so we know when all things are happening. That really helps if you get delayed or weather issues. I have 2 mnsshp because it’s so hard to do it all. It’s so fun just to walk around and look at guests costumes!!! Then you need food, then you get tired , lol a long yet fun night!
Thanks for the tips. The time line is a great ide. I can't wait to see a map. My oldest loves Jack skellington so hope we see him. Candy is the only thing we did at last year's rainy Boo Bash😆🙄

Thanks for the tips. The time line is a great ide. I can't wait to see a map. My oldest loves Jack skellington so hope we see him. Candy is the only thing we did at last year's rainy Boo Bash😆🙄
I like to see the headless horseman. It’s my absolute Must DO!

Prayers for little to no rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter