Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns in 2022!!!

Are they having the pass again for this year. I would love to go more then once.

I doubt it. But if they do, my family will do it again!

What do you think about the first night? I'm wondering if we should do 8/12 and 8/16 (would work better with other plans) versus 8/16 and 8/19.

I love the first night. The only drawback if figuring out where everything is. At least the 2nd night and later you know from vlogs what’s new, where things are, etc.

I love the way y'all are thinking! I'm actually wondering if I can risk *only* buying tickets for a two nights. Our third party would be the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. We would have been two other parties - a Friday and a Sunday. I'd hate to want to go but have the party sold out, but maybe I'm being greedy and two will be enough? Arggghhh. Anyone want to speculate on expected sell out dates yet?
Columbus Day week is typically busy.
WAIT.

what is the party pass you speak of???

is it a multiple night party pass?

:scared1:
It was the best thing ever!! I think there were 2 block out dates, Halloween was blocked out for sure. I think we went to 12 parties. The pass was around $299/person. I will be very surprised if they have it again. Due to the party being gone 2 years, I’m sure it will be in high demand and they won’t need to offer the pass.

Ummm...are you doing multiple party nights?? I'm pondering doing that too - we did the Christmas party last year and that was our first time and have never done MNSSHP and feel that we might need to 2 nights to see/do everything!

So, I'm not crazy on planning 2 party nights?? :confused3

:rolleyes1
I don't know why I didn't even think of this as an option! We are there for two nights...how crazy should I/will I be?!

Ummm...are you doing multiple party nights?? I'm pondering doing that too - we did the Christmas party last year and that was our first time and have never done MNSSHP and feel that we might need to 2 nights to see/do everything!

In previous years The MNSSHP had a lot to do. The parade, fireworks, dance parties, themed rides, The Sanderson Sisters show and also Trick or Treating. Lots to do and the park atmosphere with lighting and music is sooooo great. Just such a fun night! I’m going multiple nights because I just love it so much.

I don't know why I didn't even think of this as an option! We are there for two nights...how crazy should I/will I be?!

We travel from out of state so we did two parties in one week for about 10 years.

What do you think about the first night? I'm wondering if we should do 8/12 and 8/16 (would work better with other plans) versus 8/16 and 8/19.

I would not do the first night. Park full of blogger/vlogger/etc and their cameras and it never fails the party has issues. I'd rather have a good game plan after reading all their writeups.

I don't know whether to be excited or devastated. We booked a short stay before another trip just to experience the 50th celebration. We love MNSSHP and have been to several. We especially love the parade and the fireworks. But I really wanted to see Disney Enchantment, and now I'm thinking they won't have those fireworks on the two nights that we can go to MK because they are party nights. I know there is no end date to Enchantment, but we won't be back for several years.

Do we need to make park reservations or no because it’s a ticketed event?
You do not need park reservations to attend the party. If you want to go to Magic Kingdom before the 4pm entry for party guests, you will need park reservations.

In general, what are the wait times for rides during the party? Not counting during the parade and fireworks. Without the ability to use LL during this time, will a lot of party time be spent waiting in line if rides are a goal? I'm trying to decide if I want to use the party as one of my MK days, or if I will not be able to experience as many rides during this time as I would on a "regular" day. Thank you!

We did 2 parties in 2019 and don't regret it at all. It was a 9 night trip and I think we did the Tuesday and the Friday(?)

The Tuesday party was definitely less attended but I think that had more to do with Hurricane Dorian hitting the area as the parks were pretty quiet the days before and after the scheduled arrival.

2 Parties is great because it lets you focus on the shows and characters one night and then the other party can be spent doing rides, trying the foods, trick or treating, etc.

We even brought two separate costumes for the two parties. We were lilo and stitch night 1 and Jane and Clayton from Tarzan night 2

In general, what are the wait times for rides during the party? Not counting during the parade and fireworks. Without the ability to use LL during this time, will a lot of party time be spent waiting in line if rides are a goal? I'm trying to decide if I want to use the party as one of my MK days, or if I will not be able to experience as many rides during this time as I would on a "regular" day. Thank you!
In our experience the times are shorter than they are during the day but not quite as short as an after hours event. If your main goal is to do rides you can probably get through most things during the event(especially if you go early and get let in at 5pm) but do think its a bit of a waste to attend the party only for rides as there is so much else to do that you can't do on a normal day

I don't know whether to be excited or devastated. We booked a short stay before another trip just to experience the 50th celebration. We love MNSSHP and have been to several. We especially love the parade and the fireworks. But I really wanted to see Disney Enchantment, and now I'm thinking they won't have those fireworks on the two nights that we can go to MK because they are party nights. I know there is no end date to Enchantment, but we won't be back for several years.
Can you change your MK dates to make sure you see enchantment? Looking at the crowd calendar it looks like all days are still open.

Looks like you are fellow DVC members, worst case scenario you could head to TOTWL to view enchantment from there on a non-MNSSHP night? They have said TOTWL will be re-opening soon

Can you change your MK dates to make sure you see enchantment? Looking at the crowd calendar it looks like all days are still open.

Looks like you are fellow DVC members, worst case scenario you could head to TOTWL to view enchantment from there on a non-MNSSHP night? They have said TOTWL will be re-opening soon
Not really. We are planning on the AK Moonlight Magic for our first night. The next two nights are MNSSHP. Our last night is MK’s 51st BD and Epcot’s 40th BD. No way do I want to be in either of those parks on that day (especially since that’s a F&W weekend). We leave for Disney’s HHI resort the next morning. Even though I know MNSSHP is so popular, I’m just so shocked that they wouldn’t do the special anniversary fireworks every night doing the 50th celebration. As far as the TOWL, we tried that once and hated it. We prefer the Poly beach. Plus we are staying at the Poly so that will be easy enough. Just frustrating that we will miss all the Main St. special effects.

We will be there in Oct and plan for 1 MNSSp & 1 MK. For the best experience do you recommend Party first or MK? thx

We had been thinking of a trip in September my daughter’s birthday week (will be 8). Her actual birthday, I thought we would do MK but now I’m seeing it’s a party night. I could maybe see doing this with my family but it’s iffy since we also have a three year old. I pictured trying to stay for fireworks with the usual show but I don’t think we would make it past that hour of 9:30 or so…and to me that means probably not really worth the special ticket $$ but what do you folks think? Any suggestions/ideas I might not be thinking?

We’ve been to two first night MNSSHPs and I would rather have to wait for a bus than choose the first party if I had an option for a different night. The vloggers/bloggers made it seem more chaotic and crowded.
You know of the first night generally has merch available that sells out?

We had been thinking of a trip in September my daughter’s birthday week (will be 8). Her actual birthday, I thought we would do MK but now I’m seeing it’s a party night. I could maybe see doing this with my family but it’s iffy since we also have a three year old. I pictured trying to stay for fireworks with the usual show but I don’t think we would make it past that hour of 9:30 or so…and to me that means probably not really worth the special ticket $$ but what do you folks think? Any suggestions/ideas I might not be thinking?

Would you consider one parent going to mnsshp with the birthday girl and the other staying in the room with the 3yo? Unless the birthday girl is the one who can’t make it past 930. Then I wouldn’t bother.

Would you consider one parent going to mnsshp with the birthday girl and the other staying in the room with the 3yo? Unless the birthday girl is the one who can’t make it past 930. Then I wouldn’t bother.
Same thought here! A special birthday night in MK at a party without little sibling around sounds like an amazing birthday option for 8yo if she's up for it. The whole night could be at her pace, exactly what she wants to do, without accounting for the needs of the toddler.

Great, now I want *my* birthday at MNNSHP without my kids dragging me down. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter