Mickey hand on Spaceship Earth

safetymom

dis veteran
I couldn't find the thread but someone asked the other day about the Mickey hand was missing on Spaceship Earth.

It is still there. Just got back from the park this evening and it was still there.

Bummer - I keep hoping they'll take it down. I love Mickey, I just like the clean look of SE without anything on it......

I HATE the hand! Everyone I know HATES the hand. What were they thinking? :confused3
It makes the geosphere seem smaller and "cheesy".
Every visit, I look forward to my first glimpse of that enormous symbol of my favorite park. When we went in Oct 2003 I could hardly look at it.

I totally agree. My visit in 2001 was my first visit since I was 8 (I'm 22 now) and I was completely cought off guard when I saw that huge freakin hand. I used to love SE and like you can hardly look at it. The only problem is the way that the hand has been installed. When it was built, it was built to last...thick i-bars mounted right into the concrete. I doubt it is going anywhere even though there are a lot of us that hate it's looks.

Preparing to be flammed...

I like the hand!!!

Ducking for cover...:crazy:

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one that likes the hand! While it's not something I'd flip out about if they'd remove it, I do like the hand.

The Sorcerer's Hat at MGM, though, is a different story.

RyMickey

Ok, I like the hand too. But then again I also liked the castle cake, so there ya go.
freak4.gif

Tink

It doesn't bother me and I loved what they did with the castle. I am glad they didn't keep it any longer than they did but it was fun while it lasted.

I remember SE before the hand but it just seems like part of SE now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter