Mickey Head Balloons Question....

Wow. Great story. Thanks so much for sharing! Great Pic!

Yes. 2 sturdy plastic Mickey heads. Also, DHS and Disney Springs both have balloon sellers. Not Epcot though...not sure why.

When we first started going to WDW, my DD asked for a balloon. I love balloons and was tempted, but could not stomach the insane pricetag.

Fast forward to this year when I brought my 3 yr old niece. My kids are teens now, but my DD still longed for a balloon. Of course, since it's for my niece, the cost didn't matter to me in the least (I'm going to be a dangerous grandma someday). I wanted to buy a light up one, but those are only sold after dark and there is no way to get one. You can pay by magic band/credit card - but only with the balloon seller in front of the silhouette cart. First day I tried to buy one I couldn;t as the machine was down and I had no cash. I was sooo disappointed lol! The next time we were back in MK, I was prepared and determined haha!

My DD and I saw the balloon sellers and didn't even wait to get my niece - we grabbed a balloon ASAP! Then I asked a Photopass photographer stationed nearby to capture the moment....

qBKCExbl.jpg

The balloon was beautiful. And seemed to last forever. I've heard reports of their lasting a month! We took it to the parks daily (Except AK days where it stayed in the room). We slipped the Mickey weights into the bottom of her stroller (tied it the first day and never made that mistake again - what a hassle to take it off to fold up the stroller!). It never even tried to run away lol. My niece loved her balloon. A little over a week in, the inner blue balloon suddenly popped loudly. Thankfully, we were in MK that day (watching the Friendship Faire at the Castle!) so it was easy to walk over to get a replacement.

Right at the end of our 2 week trip, something else happened (can't remember what) and we got yet another free replacement for the balloon. On our last day, we were in Disney Springs so put my teens in charge of finding a family with a little kid to pass the balloon on to. I instructed them to focus on kids in strollers. It turned out to be the kid's birthday and the mom was very appreciative.

We LOVED our Mickey balloon and we sure got our money's worth out of it!!

Ha ha! Great story.
"Mom's Balloon!" --- You know it! lol.

Do it! They are the best balloons! I got one when we went this past Spring! I have little kids and we bought it on our way out of the park and just tied it onto the stroller. I wanted one so badly and decided to treat myself. The kids knew it was Mommy's balloon. Haha! But they all played with it. I was going to try to deflate it to bring it home on the plane, but right before we did, the cleaner for the house we rented arrived and had her little girl with her. She didn't speak English, but she understood when I offered it to her and was very happy to get it.[/QUOTE

12 Dollars. At least that is 3 less than previously reported!
Thanks for the update!

I got two balloons last week! The regular one is $12 and the one that lights up is $15. There is also a special light up one with a different design that I only saw them sell during MNSSHP.

According to the CM selling them on main street, they stop selling them once the park closes (which would explain why I previously never managed to buy a balloon as I usually only get to main street on my way out after the park closes).

I was thinking of passing them on to another family but by the time I remembered it was around 2am and I was checking out at 4am (was in a rush as leaving before the hurricane) so I deflated them and brought them home. Wondering if I should try to see if I can inflate them now...

Thanks so much for sharing. I too am going to get a shot with all of the REAL balloons. Can't wait!
They ARE iconic "Disney Parks" merchandise!

Absolutely get the balloon! I completely understand the excitement. I love Mickey balloons. They are such an iconic part of the park. The last time we were there, I posed my daughter on Main St. with her hand out and made it look like she was holding a bunch of balloons. I didn't realize they would actually let you hold them! That is now on my bucket list for next time! I also remember on our last trip on the fifth day finally having a photographer that was setting us up for the Mickey ballon magic shot. I was sooooooo excited while he was taking those pics because I knew what he was doing. I love those pics!

When my daughter was super young, she became obsessed with a woman's balloon on the bus. After we arrived at the resort the woman handed it to my daughter. She was so excited!! I cried. (I tend to do that a lot in Disney). It's the little things that create the most magic.

Ok, so I followed through and bought both the children balloons at Hollywood studios this evening. Just the plain ones as they did not want the light up ones and they were $12. On the way home, the six-year-old was a six-year-old boy and punching it and deflated his balloon. Now I am trying to figure out how to replace it without us having to walk through the parks with a balloon. Any ideas where the vendor is in Disney springs? That may be our only option. Of course, it was not a light up one
And people were saying on the sport that they only have light up ones at Disney springs? Any confirmations on that? Thank you!

My parents first took me to MK when I was 10 or 11 and I have been obsessed with those balloons ever since! I've never actually bought one because I didn't think I would want to carry it around all day. I might have to get one now in March at the end of the day just to satisfy my childhood obsession. I definitely want to get one and give it to a family or child.

I love the balloons! I usually get one on my way out of MK the first day (getting it on the way out means I don't have to deal with it on the rides) and I enjoy it in my resort room for the rest of the trip.

One time, back when they were about $5-$8, I bought six of them, and proudly carried my balloon bouquet all the way back to CR with me. Yes, I was an adult at the time. Now I make do with just one . . .

Go for it!!! I've always liked them but I waste my $ on whatever Stitch items I can find. If they ever have a Stitch Balloon I'll need to get it.

Funny Balloon story. A number of years ago I boarded a plane for home. Some innocent Balloon loving Child carried their precious keepsake on board the plane and it was placed in the overhead bin for the trip home. I knew it wasn't going to end well as soon as I saw the balloon come on board but the flight attendants just shook their heads as they closed the bin. Sure enough partway through the flight there was a really loud boom when the balloon succumbed to the air pressure changes. Poor Balloon. And good for you that you plan to gift yours to a child.

I say get the balloon too!

How do the double balloon things work? I never saw one up close. Can you open the knot and let the air out so you can bring it home without issues. Are there two knots one for the inner and one for the outer?
Is this some sort of trade secret that Disney will not share? Anyone have a picture of this magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter