Mike' Make Over Madness!

Take the 4 pounds and RUN with it! IT is AWESOME!!!! Just think, that is 16 sticks of butter that just came off you! EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

I understand the frustration, tho! My DSis has lost 19.4 lbs in the time I have lost just about 1/2 that. She, due to height, is now about 13 from goal, I am still like 30 from goal and ready to give up....but I won't and neither will you!

Have a good Monday!:hug:

Julie - That does sound frustrating but like you say, we can do this!!

So for the first time ever, I broke 1 mile on the treadmill yesterday!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm a little sore today but it is all good pain. That means since March 1st I have walked a little over 3.5 miles, I'm proud! Just 96.5 miles left to meet my goal!! :rotfl:

Have a great day all!
Mike

Congratulations on another weight loss, Mike!:cheer2:Be excited about those 4 pounds because you are 4 pounds closer to your goal than you were a week ago. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the mile on the treadmill! :cheer2: You're 3.5 miles closer to your 100 mile goal! Woohoo!:woohoo:

By the way, if there are days where you can't get to the gym, but you still want to do a workout, Leslie Sansone has a series of DVDs called Walk Away the Pounds that are fun to use and she is very encouraging as well. They can be found at Walmart or on Amazon for about $10 a piece.

Stay strong, Mike! You are doing a wonderful job!:cheer2:

Hey Mike!! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, been running around like a crazy woman getting stuff for DD's birthday tomorrow.
First off, congrats on the 4 pounds. That is sooo awesome! You know the 10 pounds was great but you are right, it was water weight. 4 pounds is real weight. What's our quote??
"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer then I was yesterday"

You are closer every day!

Congrats on the mile!! You are getting stronger every day. Remember to acknowledge your non weight loss victories(NWV). Breaking a mile is one of those.

I hope you have a great day! You have inspired me to hit the treadmill before I get the kids. Talk to you soon!!

Tracy - Thank you!! I will have to check out those DVDs too. They sound interesting!

Buffy - Thank you, also!! Hope you had a good time on the treadmill.

Only got a quick walk in yesterday but it was better than nothing! Sticking to my eating plan well this week too. It's funny how much quicker grocery shopping goes when you only shop the outer circle of the store! I go from produce to deli to meats/fish to eggs/dairy and then hit the frozen veg section to finish. A nice little loop. Walked into the store yesterday and immediately ran into a display of my favorite cookies on sale and a huge wall of Coca Cola!! I dodged both and a b-line for the mushrooms that were on sale too! lol.

Had the first person (who doesn't know I am dieting/working out) tell me I looked smaller yesterday. It was nice! :-)

Hope everyone has a great Hump Day!!!
Mike

See you are making physical changes!! That is so cool that someone noticed.
Great job on the shopping! How is the food budget going?

Treadmill was good, my legs were like bricks for a while, I really wanted to quit but they finally started to loosen up after about 30 minutes. I ended up getting in a little over 6 miles done, the most walking/running I've ever done in my life outside of Disney. I was pretty pleased with myself.

My pace was way off the Disney required time but for the first time I feel like I might actually have a shot at doing the 1/2 marathon next year.

I've also changed my mind about the Princess 1/2, I want to do the Donald 1/2 so DH can get a medal too (I heard boys can't get the Princess medal). Soooo, if you need a partner for the PVD stairs challenge, let me know!

OK, time to get off this thing and start working on tax stuff. Appt next week!

I hope you have a great day Mike, enjoy this beautiful weather. It' supposed to be gorgeous for most of the next 15 days.

You got a walk in, followed your eating plan, and avoided cookies and soda. I would say that you had a VERY successful day yesterday!:thumbsup2 Remember, all of those small changes do add up! ::yes::

You are doing a wonderful job, Mike!!! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Tracy - As always, thank you! I just have to keep remembering that all of these little victories add up to major ones!!

Buffy - 6 miles??!! That is awesome. The Donald 1/2 marathon sounds like an awesome challenge! As for my food budget, it's going pretty well. I watch the sales and make runs as needed. Another big change is that I used to impulsively go crazy shopping in the seasonal candy aisle, snatching up whatever I could get my hands on. Now my impulse items tend to be things like a head of cauliflower or a package of pork chops on sale. lol. But what I am most proud of is that I am actually using everything that I buy. In the past I was throwing out half the produce I bought because I would just get lazy and make easier to prepare food choices. Now I look forward to the 15-20min I spend prepping and packing up my breakfast and lunch in the morning. It is a peaceful time for me.

Busy couple of days here for me. Starting a new pub trivia gig tonight and tomorrow I have a wake to attend (I didn't know the person who passed away but it is my Aunt's Aunt), plus I will be squeezing in my gym time of course! Oh, did 1.2mi on the treadmill yesterday, a new record. lol.

Have a great day all!
Mike

LOL Mike you are living on the edge now! Cauliflower instead of candy?? I don't know if I can take that kind of action.
I'm glad you are using everything up! Think about how much money we toss into the trash every week. That is awesome!!
I totally avoided the candy aisle yesterday too. It was tempting but I knew we were having cake for DD's birthday yesterday so I was not going to make it worse than it already was.

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt's Aunt. Please send her a hug for me.

Woohoo on the 1.2 miles! That is so great! How are the knees holding up? Are you still doing the water aerobics class?

OK, gonna jet for now. I'm contemplating working in the yard but I have to finish tax stuff first.

I hope with your busy schedule you can still get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we are having. Maybe lunch outside? Have a great day! Will talk to you tomorrow.

Hey congrats on the 14 pounds! That's awesome! And no more soda - 22 packs of sugar, I had no idea, that's crazy.

I'm so sorry about your job! That is very scary. :( If you want some work-at-home leads let me know, maybe something will work as a filler for you until you find what you want. I work at home and NO it's not sales, MLM, nothing - just work and get paid. :)

So after catching up on the past 1 1/2 weeks I'm going for a walk. And Buffy my walk 1 1/2 weeks ago was nice - I'm a little slow in my response! :goodvibes

Yay for 1.2 miles on the treadmill!:cheer2:

Cauliflower instead of candy?!?!? Awesome!:cheer2: I need to learn how to shop the perimeter of the store too. I find myself in the Doritos aisle way too often. :rolleyes1

Can you tell me what the name of your eating plan is again? Since I've been sick the past couple of days, I've been doing some research on healthy living plans and I'd like to take a look at the one that you're doing as well. Thanks!:goodvibes

Have a good time doing trivia tonight!:goodvibes

Buffy - I was able to get out in the weather yesterday. I had originally intended yesterday to be an "off day" from working out because of scheduling and needing to give my bod a day to rest, but it was soooo nice out that I went for a walk. Did 3/4 of a mile and most of it was uphill!! Oh man are my legs sore today. And as for my knees, legs, pain, etc. I am doing well. I think I am rebuilding the strength in my legs and the soreness is not as intense as those first few days. I think alternating the long treadmill sessions with my pool workouts is helping with that a lot.

Jennz - Thanks!! As for soda and all that sugar, whoa, right?! I mean, I knew it was bad stuff but when I add up how much I was drinking it just boggles the mind that I have survived this long, really! And thank you for the offer on the info on work at home stuff, I may take you up on it soon!

Tracy - Thank you, my new trivia night went really well. I'd always heard that shopping the perimeter of the store was better for you, and I'm really realizing it is. You're not trapped in an aisle with all the tempting stuff! The plan I follow is the Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Plan. You can get the book for a penny used on Amazon I believe if you are interested. It is written by the Hellers. A husband and wife doctor team that also wrote the Carb Addicts Diet. CALP was an evolution of that plan. They also wrote one called the Carb Addicts Healthy Heart Plan I believe. If I can answer any questions for you, just let me know! I post on a forum specifically for that plan if you want the info, I can DM it to you. Has some threads that cover the basics of the plans.

Looking forward to the weekend, even though I have a wake to attend tonight. Proud of myself too for getting outside and walking yesterday. Would have been very easy to just tell myself that I was too busy to fit in any exercise but then I remembered something I read this week that said when you want to lose weight you should focus on building yourself a fitness focused lifestyle and the weight loss will come along with it.

I did have a challenge yesterday. My sister works for a restaurant/bar that specializes in cupcakes and my dad popped in for lunch. She sent a cupcake for me with him back to our office. It was one of my favorites of theirs, a chocolate bacon caramel buttercream cupcake. Totally evil. I can't blame her as I'd usually snatch these puppies up by the half dozen and she isn't aware of my new lifestyle changes. I tend to be very private about the beginning of a diet because I feel like people have seen me start and fail so many times that I just don't need the scrutiny or perceived scrutiny when I am getting going. Probably not the best mindset I know, but I am working on it. I mean, eating in secret is one of the things that led me to my highest weight in the first place. But back to the story, so here I was with this amazing looking cupcake. What was I to do? I could have just eaten it right there and dealt with the regret, probably leading me further off track, or I could have thrown it away. I chose a middle option. I incorporated it in to my dinner as the carb-ier portion of my meal, eating half of it as opposed to the whole thing. Which was completely in line with my plan. I gave the other half to my incredibly thin roommate who eats twinkies by the box, have I mentioned I hate him?? lol. Felt good to know I could handle a challenge like that and move on!

I have a busy day ahead today. Working til noon. Then I am off to the gym for water aerobics. No treadmill today, as I think my legs need the break. Plus I am doing a lot of running around today so I think I will get some walking in. After the gym I have to hit two banks, Target to pick up a "potato ricer" so I can make some new cauliflower recipes this weekend, Barnes & Noble to snag a book a friend recommended (Gary Taubes, "Why We Get Fat and What to Do About it"), Verizon to pay my phone bill, grocery shopping (Really good Olive Oil is on sale for $3!!), then home to sort laundry and organize a closet, after that meeting my folks at the wake and then we're all going out to dinner! Then up at 7am on Saturday to go to the gym again! lol Wish me luck getting it all done!!

Have a great day and an awesome weekend all!
Mike :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wow Mike busy day!!
Great job on the cupcake, that was good that you could add it into your plan for the day.
I hope you have a great weekend. We are off for another round of roller skating for DD's birthday!

Way to go incorporating that cupcake into your food plan!:cheer2:

Thanks for the info on CALP. :goodvibes I'll try and do some research on it this weekend.

Have a great weekend!:goodvibes

Happy Monday all!!

Survived my very busy weekend intact. Even got up waaaaaay early on Saturday to do laundry. Was nice to be the only person at the laundromat besides the owner. lol. Went out with my best friend Saturday night. Was nice to have some peaceful time to chat, been a while since it has been just the two of us hanging so we had some catching up to do. Stayed out a bit too late though, when I pulled into my driveway it was 1:59am and when I got into my bedroom it was 3:02am!! lol. The Spring ahead always messes me up for a day but an afternoon nap seemed to help. :rotfl2:

It's Monday and you know what that means... It's weigh in day!!

Are you ready for it?

Are you worried?

I'm nervous.

Here goes!!!!

5lbs gone!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

My extra work on the treadmill must have really paid off this week! :woohoo:

Hope this will keep me motivated for another week... even with St Patrick's Day looming!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Hope that everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful Monday!!
Mike :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter