• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Discount Tickets?

CamColt

We are new to the Military family so I’m trying to figure out the logistics of getting tickets. When you order them, do you get the numbers to link them to MDE? The form has the option to have them mailed which I will do, but not knowing how long that will take has be worried I will miss out on booking our park reservations. Thanks for any info!

You won't get the numbers until the tickets arrive. We ordered from Camp Pendleton multiple times and got them the next day. Not sure where your's are from so not sure how long until you will get your vouchers. Either way, they won't give out the voucher/ticket number prior to you getting them.

I think that depends where you get them.

If you get them from Shades, they will be mailed to you already activated, so when you receive them you enter the numbers into MDE and you're done.

If you get them from your local base/post ticket & tours office, they may sell you vouchers that you'll need to exchange for tickets when you arrive.

For the past several years I've just had them mailed to me from Shades or purchased there in person. Enjoy your trip!

I think that depends where you get them.

If you get them from Shades, they will be mailed to you already activated, so when you receive them you enter the numbers into MDE and you're done.

If you get them from your local base/post ticket & tours office, they may sell you vouchers that you'll need to exchange for tickets when you arrive.

For the past several years I've just had them mailed to me from Shades or purchased there in person. Enjoy your trip!

If getting from base, you can still enter the voucher number and it will "act" as a ticket as far as park reservations go. Then when you get to WDW you have to go to guest services to get them activated prior to going into the parks.

If getting from base, you can still enter the voucher number and it will "act" as a ticket as far as park reservations go. Then when you get to WDW you have to go to guest services to get them activated prior to going into the parks.

Oh yeah, true - sorry I hope OP didn't think getting them locally wouldn't work -- I just don't want to have to stop at GS to get them activated on the first day of a trip, I'd rather head straight to tap into a park.

I got our tickets from our local military ITT office, it took a week (only because they do their ordering on Tuesday and we went in on a Wednesday).
We got the actual tickets and linked it to the app by scanning the bar code in the ticket. Very easy process!

Oh Great! Thanks everyone! This is helpful and I'm a little more relaxed about going this route now. :thumbsup2

I got our tickets from our local military ITT office, it took a week (only because they do their ordering on Tuesday and we went in on a Wednesday).
We got the actual tickets and linked it to the app by scanning the bar code in the ticket. Very easy process!

To make sure it’s clear, if they are the deeply discounted salute tickets, ITT offices do not have the actual tickets, they have exchange certificates. For MYW or other slightly discounted types of tickets, they are the actual tickets.

Only Shades of Green sends the activated tickets for Salute ticket purchases. They verify eligibility when you complete the order by phone, before they send the tickets FedEx.

We used to always get our tickets from our base ITT, but once SoG started sending activated tickets, we have done that the past 4 years, even though we do not stay at SoG. We like not having to take the time to activate them when we arrive, and we also typically go in early January. Back when 60-day FP was a thing, we wanted to ensure we had the tickets in time to book those, and the bases seem to get them a few weeks after SoG gets them for a new offer.

We are new to the Military family so I’m trying to figure out the logistics of getting tickets. When you order them, do you get the numbers to link them to MDE? The form has the option to have them mailed which I will do, but not knowing how long that will take has be worried I will miss out on booking our park reservations. Thanks for any info!
We ordered tickets from Shades of Green last week and they sent the actual tickets. They sent them 2 day FedEx.

Depends on which tickets you get and from where.

the Salute to Heroes tickets are only activated if you get from Shades of Green. If you get them from anywhere else, they are vouchers and must be activated at Guest Services prior to being able to enter a park.

all you need to do is scan( either version you get) into MDE and that opens the system for you do all the same pre planning as everyone else. you must physically scan them in, you do not get the codes ahead of time. Most we have ever waited was a week from ITT. Our current one at PENSACOLA NAS typically has them in stock But we do need to order them ahead of time for a pick up date due to the Plague and limited operation hours

I am considering taking my 17 year old brother and 17 year old nephew to Disney. Both of the boys are military dependents and have ID cards. My husband and I have annual passes. Can my parents purchase the tickets on base and the boys activate them with their military ID’s?

Where are you ordering them from? Assuming you are talking about the Salute tickets? If you purchase from Shades of Green and have them mailed, you'll receive an already activated Disney World ticket which you can link to MDE the same way as other tickets. If you purchase from your local base, you'll receive an Exchange Certificate. You can still link this to MDE, but make sure you do it on a computer, not via the app or on a phone. I've found these can be a bit glitchy at times, but keep trying (the 0 vs O thing is rough). Once you arrive in Disney, you'll need to head to Guest Relations to have your Exchange Certificate activated and converted to an actual Disney ticket. Hope that helps!

To make sure it’s clear, if they are the deeply discounted salute tickets, ITT offices do not have the actual tickets, they have exchange certificates. For MYW or other slightly discounted types of tickets, they are the actual tickets.

Only Shades of Green sends the activated tickets for Salute ticket purchases. They verify eligibility when you complete the order by phone, before they send the tickets FedEx. “

that’s not correct... on several occasions we’ve purchased the Salute Tickets from our local military ITT .... the actual tickets, nothing we’ve had to exchange 🤷🏻‍♀️

Can you order them for 2 minors with dependent cards without the subscriber going?
No. the military member or spouse must be present to activate them. What you could do, is have the military member order them from shades of green, and have them mailed. These tickets will already be activated, because Shades of Green requires a copy of the military ID before allowing the purchase and mailing the .

So it sounds like going through SOG is a better option than through a local base. Is there any reason not to go through them or why you couldn’t?

I order from SOG every year and I find it to be a very user friendly process. The only negatives I see are the FedEx shipping fee and that it requires a signature upon delivery. I have to log into FedEx after it ships to change the delivery to my local pick up location. But still totally worth it!

Can you order them for 2 minors with dependent cards without the subscriber going?

I think policy says the member or their spouse must be using one of the tickets. Whenever I buy from SOG, I have to attest to the fact that I or my spouse will be using one of the tickets that I’m purchasing.

No. The eligible military member or spouse must purchase and use one of the tickets themselves.

The only exception is if the member or spouse has an AP. In that case, they may purchase up to 5 tickets for friends and family (not 6), but they still must be there for activation.

that’s not correct... on several occasions we’ve purchased the Salute Tickets from our local military ITT .... the actual tickets, nothing we’ve had to exchange 🤷🏻‍♀️

Which ITT office? Which year?

We have been using these tickets since 2009. I have never heard of an ITT office having the actual tickets.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter