Military member and family attending Disney

tiggerfan4me

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if a military person wants to come to Disney and stay at the regular resorts instead of SoG can they get a discount. I also have a son who works for Disney and don't know for my son in the military if you have to stay at SoG to get discount, and are the certain black out times? Looking for info to try to possibly coordinate a family get together in Disney.:confused3

I believe that Disney occassionally releases military discounts - but it's very rare. I know they had discounted park tickets back in 2003 or 2004, but I've not heard of much since. At that time we stayed at the Contemporary at Shades of Green prices, but that was because SoG was closed for rennovation and they were sending people to Disney resorts. If SoG is ever overbooked they will let you stay at a Disney resort at their price, but since the rennovation the place is huge so I doubt this happens often. So - to make a LONG answer a little shorter - its doubtful that you can get a military discount for a Disney resort. But SoG is lovely!

Thanks for the info. It is a shame with all our military do, but rules are rules. Thanks for the input. Have a great evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter