Military Salute Tickets 2023

Okay. We've been doing this for years. This is to be policed at the point of sale. No one at the point of sale cares, even when the point of sale was Disneyland ticket booths.

It IS "policed" in the sense that they checked that you (the spouse with the ID) was using one of the tickets. That's perfectly fine under the terms and conditions.

If a military member (or spouse) came with a party of six, and tried to activate six tickets without using one, they would have not allowed that.

It IS "policed" in the sense that they checked that you (the spouse with the ID) was using one of the tickets. That's perfectly fine under the terms and conditions.

If a military member (or spouse) came with a party of six, and tried to activate six tickets without using one, they would have not allowed that.

Nope. I don't use them either. We both have annual passes. We use one for my MIL, one for my best friend, and 4 for my sister, husband, and her 2 kids. When my husband buys them at the base ticket office, all they do is ask for names.
Disney did the same when we used to buy them at the ticket booths. We were assured this was not a problem on more than one occasion.

When we show up to the gates with our family/friend, half the time *I* have to remind the gate CM to check my military ID. Even though a screen pops up, they usually just ignore it.

Trust me, we have been using the tickets this way at Disneyland for YEARS. At no point has this been a problem. When you buy the tickets, they enter the sponsor ID # into the system to ensure that they don't exceed the limit of 6 in any given year, but they literally don't care who uses them as long as they are purchased by a qualified individual.

Nope. I don't use them either. We both have annual passes. We use one for my MIL, one for my best friend, and 4 for my sister, husband, and her 2 kids. When my husband buys them at the base ticket office, all they do is ask for names.
Disney did the same when we used to buy them at the ticket booths. We were assured this was not a problem on more than one occasion.

When we show up to the gates with our family/friend, half the time *I* have to remind the gate CM to check my military ID. Even though a screen pops up, they usually just ignore it.

Trust me, we have been using the tickets this way at Disneyland for YEARS. At no point has this been a problem. When you buy the tickets, they enter the sponsor ID # into the system to ensure that they don't exceed the limit of 6 in any given year, but they literally don't care who uses them as long as they are purchased by a qualified individual.
Okay, you never mentioned previously that you had annual passes. There has always been an exemption for passholders not having to buy tickets for themselves.

Blockout dates showing 4/2-4/15. If we buy a 4 day pass and activate them at gate on 4/1 does it mean we still can't use them starting on 4/2?

Blockout dates showing 4/2-4/15. If we buy a 4 day pass and activate them at gate on 4/1 does it mean we still can't use them starting on 4/2?

Correct. They cannot be used at all on blackout days. Doesn't matter when you activate them.

Correct. They cannot be used at all on blackout days. Doesn't matter when you activate them.
Thank you.
Does SOG offer other military tickets with a discount that aren't of the Salute variety?
Our trip dates are 3/31-4/4

Thank you.
Does SOG offer other military tickets with a discount that aren't of the Salute variety?
Our trip dates are 3/31-4/4

Yes, they have discounted multi day tickets, as do most other base ticket offices. We used discounted 10 day hoppers on our last WDW trip that we purchased from Camp Pendleton in CA.Screenshot_20230224_190501_Drive.jpg

Yes, they have discounted multi day tickets, as do most other base ticket offices. We used discounted 10 day hoppers on our last WDW trip that we purchased from Camp Pendleton in CA.
Awesome..and are those better than the gate prices? My son is new to the military and we've never done this before.
We are staying at SOG. Do you recommend us getting them through SOG or from his base office?

Awesome..and are those better than the gate prices? My son is new to the military and we've never done this before.
We are staying at SOG. Do you recommend us getting them through SOG or from his base office?
SOG doesn't charge sales tax, which his base office also might not. If you get them from SOG and want them ahead of time, you would likely have to pay shipping (and you likely want them ahead of time to make park reservations).

SOG doesn't charge sales tax, which his base office also might not. If you get them from SOG and want them ahead of time, you would likely have to pay shipping (and you likely want them ahead of time to make park reservations).
Gotcha...thank you. My son reserved the room but can I call them and buy the tickets? We are staying with him there too.

Here's a question I haven't been able to find an answer to (even asked Disney via the chat function), so hopefully somebody here has had experience with this:
Say a family of 3 wanted to make two trips, each of 5 days. Could they buy 6 military salute tickets (the limit), and then use 3 of the tickets on the first trip and then 3 on the second?
Or, if a military member was a big fan, could they buy 6 tickets and use them for 30 park days themselves? Asking for a friend...
Yes they could. We've had 3 ppl. use 5 day salute tix 2 different times in the same yr.

Gotcha...thank you. My son reserved the room but can I call them and buy the tickets? We are staying with him there too.

Your son needs to purchase the tickets since he is the one who is eligible to purchase them. Shades of Green is a DoD installation and ID requirements apply for purchases at the ticket office.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions

They do not take phone orders. It is easier to just have your son go to his base ticket office and purchase them there.

No bases charge sales tax.

SOG will FedEx them to you for around $10-15.

In any event, what you will get is papers with barcodes/ticket numbers on them. You can add these manually to your My Disney Experience account and make park reservations.

No bases charge sales tax.

SOG will FedEx them to you for around $10-15.

In any event, what you will get is papers with barcodes/ticket numbers on them. You can add these manually to your My Disney Experience account and make

Are there any discounts for Veterans who did not fully retire?

Edit: After checking it looks as if Disney does not offer any type of discount for Veterans who did not retire. Thanks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter