• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnesotan’s Last Minute, Last Bash, Spring Celebration Trip! – Pre Trip Report

Minnesota

<font color=navy>Disney Commando<br><font color=re
Minnesotan’s Last Minute, Last Bash, Spring Celebration Trip! – Pre Trip Report

Who: Me (Minnesota – 28) and My Best Friend Sara (28)
What: First spring trip to WDW, 8th trip in all together
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort (with a possible day or two at a Marriott near the Airport)
Why: To celebrate the end of Physical Therapy, graduation with an Associate of Science degree, and the very hopeful entrance into professional pharmacy school this year.

Well… we did it! Sara and I have been going to WDW every year since we graduated from High School but in 2009 our plans were waylaid by a torn Achilles tendon, the purchase of a new car, and surgery between the two of us. The 2009 trip was pushed from August to October, to November, then December.

Then I happened to receive an e-mail from Disney Destinations, just when we had decided our last trip together until I am finished being broke in professional school would have to be somewhere other than Disney because of the budget. Annoyed I forwarded it to Sara as a “go figure” moment. She actually looked at it and saw the pricing offered could possibly fit into out budget. Good thing one of us read it, it was one of the pinned offers and got us a great deal.

We booked it yesterday afternoon and leave in a little over 2 weeks! :cool1:We’re both really happy it worked out for our dates. Originally we had considered staying the entire trip at a Marriott (We can get employee rates) and commuting in, no dining options and no park hopping, and it was just inside our budget. With the e-mail we got the Pop Century, quick service dining and tickets (still no park hopper) for the same price! We opted not to park hop this trip as we are trying to force ourselves to slow down on account of the PT recovery and the hopper would have put us outside budget.

This trip marks several occasions for us. My graduation with my second Associates degree (this one an AS):banana:, hopefully my acceptance into Pharmacy School (still waiting):rolleyes1, and the end of Physical Therapy and Surgery for Sara :cheer2:(technically her PT was extended past our trip but it’s still close enough to the end). Sara doesn’t know this yet but I included this information on our reservation – I have no idea what if anything will become of it but Disney asked, I answered!

That is currently all the plans we have in place, will write again when we’re either back from WDW or have more info to share!

Minnesota

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter