• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space Popularity

I have heard the imaging isn't as clear anymore and it is starting to look worn. Is this true?
When I rode it back in March, the imaging actually gave me a headache from my eyes trying to adjust to it. I love the ride (and the strong forces), but it's starting to show some age.

It's just not an interesting attraction (sick factor or not) . and frankly (besides remembering how ill you get) .. not very memorable.

Even if I hadn't gotten ill on it, I wouldn't try it again. It isn't thrilling, it is more anxiety-inducing. It reminds me of a space flight simulator that you'd find in a museum. I feel like it could have been more exciting (and accessible) if it was just another 3-D simulator like Star Tours or Body Wars.

A lot avoid it because they hear it is nothing special AND it makes you ill.

With as few attractions at Epcot and the 'forced' tiering though, I am sure this sees a lot of traffic simply because there is not much else to do at that park anymore (attraction-wise).

I have done it twice. The first time there wasn't a green version. The second time was years later with a new group of people so I thought we'd try the orange. Both times I felt sick. This is the only ride I have ever done where I feel ill during and after. It took me like 2 hours to really feel park ready again. Since the last time I've decided it's not worth it. I will say I haven't tried the green.

Can someone tell me does the Green do anything? Do you just sit in the seats and watch the movie thing and push buttons? Maybe I could handle that, but it sounds pretty lame.

Can someone tell me does the Green do anything? Do you just sit in the seats and watch the movie thing and push buttons? Maybe I could handle that, but it sounds pretty lame.

Green is very mild. There is some movement but no spinning. It borders on boring to thrill-seekers but DH and I always do it because it's part of our tradition.

I think they need to do what they did with Star Tours and offer different variations of the ride. Maybe keep the trip to the Mars as one variation but have trips to other planets and maybe the space station. Also get rid of the Orange (Intense Ride) or scale back the effects to broaden the appeal.

I used to ride orange no issue but the last time I rode it I felt "off" for quiet some time. Between that and the fact my fiancé won't ride it I doubt I will ever get on it again. Never really enjoyed it anyway, just something to do in a park starved for attractions. I usually waited 10-20 minutes in times past.

We had to use a FP to keep from waiting, so yes, it is popular.

Personally, I really liked it. It would be nice if they would randomize the scenarios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter