MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Are you allowed to leave fantasyland around 8:50am during EMM to head to the other "lands" and beat the rope drop crowd? Meaning does EMM position you in a better place vs. the rope drop crowd for rides that aren't in fantasyland?

no, there will be a “rope” around fantasyland that will be dropped at park opening times. If you line up behind the rope on time you should merge with the front of the regular rope drop crowd.

Would it better to use FPs on Frontierland / Adventureland rides and rope drop Tomorrowland rides or vice versa?

Would it better to use FPs on Frontierland / Adventureland rides and rope drop Tomorrowland rides or vice versa?

that’s usually what we do (rope drop tomorrow land) and works well for us. With the new format, it’s even better because cosmic rays is just there and you don’t have a lot of walking to get there.

We found out that our Alcove Suite with connecting King Rooms at the Dolphin qualify for the "club level" FastPass perk (90 days out, can get 6 fastpasses, 3 with no restrictions, $50 plus tax per person, three days minimum). So we are going to see what we're able to get with that and cancel the EMM.

A lot of discussion as to if it's refundable,m given the wording - but after a bit of research I believe that it is.

i found an alcove studio room with 2dbl and a sofa bed. Is this the type of room? Who could you ask to verify, DSS? Thanks.

Last edited:

i found an alcove studio room with 2dbl and a sofa bed. Is this the type of room? Who could you ask to verify, DSS? Thanks.
Not sure - I have a studio room with a connection king room. So two rooms under one price. I intend to call DSS to verify myself and once I do I'll post what I found on the couple threads I've mentioned this. But simply the studio room without the connecting king, I don't know.

Not sure - I have a studio room with a connection king room. So two rooms under one price. I intend to call DSS to verify myself and once I do I'll post what I found on the couple threads I've mentioned this. But simply the studio room without the connecting king, I don't know.

I just spoke with DSS and the Dolphin. Got conflicting reports. DSS says that the only rooms that have Club Level FP access are suites (Parlor, Presidential, etc). The hotel says that the Alcove room that I booked (2dbl Alcove with sofa bed) does, in fact, have access to the Club Level FP. I will call DSS back to confirm.

Sorry if this has been asked but I searched and searched and couldn’t find the exact answer I’m looking for. We’re staying at ASMu, and have a car. I typically drive to all parks except for MK. It’s been 4 years since we’ve been, and so much has changed with the app. How early do the buses leave if we’re doing early morning magic at MK? Will the app tell me when a bus is coming to pick up at the resort? Should I drive instead?

Sorry if this has been asked but I searched and searched and couldn’t find the exact answer I’m looking for. We’re staying at ASMu, and have a car. I typically drive to all parks except for MK. It’s been 4 years since we’ve been, and so much has changed with the app. How early do the buses leave if we’re doing early morning magic at MK? Will the app tell me when a bus is coming to pick up at the resort? Should I drive instead?

You can usually see buses as early as 6:30/6:45, so you should have plenty of time to get there. If you're a little worried about timing and have a bit of money to spare, you can take an Uber/Lyft to the contemporary (or if you splurge for a a huge premium, Minnie Van directly to MK).

I've largely found the app unreliable on bus times only because a good half the time it will say "times unavailable" for the buses.

You can usually see buses as early as 6:30/6:45, so you should have plenty of time to get there. If you're a little worried about timing and have a bit of money to spare, you can take an Uber/Lyft to the contemporary (or if you splurge for a a huge premium, Minnie Van directly to MK).

I've largely found the app unreliable on bus times only because a good half the time it will say "times unavailable" for the buses.
Thank you so much for the info!

So the week before we are there the Sunday was released but there is nothing scheduled for the Tuesday . It goes Sunday to the following Sunday .
Wanted to attend the Tuesday .
Any thoughts in what’s happening? Will they drop down to one day per week mid end of August ?
thanks

So the week before we are there the Sunday was released but there is nothing scheduled for the Tuesday . It goes Sunday to the following Sunday .
Wanted to attend the Tuesday .
Any thoughts in what’s happening? Will they drop down to one day per week mid end of August ?
thanks
Looking at past dates, it's been offered Tuesdays and sundays in August. All the dates may not be released yet. I think that was a problem for June dates for a little while.

I'm going to this event next Tuesday so I was just looking at the app for wait times as today is an event day as well. Looks like 7dmr is down. If anyone who is attending today can later report how long it was down and what you did/asked for compensation would be appreciated in case my family runs into the the same issue.

Thanks

I'm going to this event next Tuesday so I was just looking at the app for wait times as today is an event day as well. Looks like 7dmr is down. If anyone who is attending today can later report how long it was down and what you did/asked for compensation would be appreciated in case my family runs into the the same issue.

Thanks
Back up at 8:20 but looong line..will give a more detailed report later

Just booked a last minute memorial day trip for DD & me (yay APs and airline points) for her 12th bday. I wanted to do EMM with the whole family on July...but we're there Tuesday night to Sat before our cruise ☹. Sooo booked EMM for the 5/24! Going to surprise DD with that (she knows about the trip, HATES surprise trips anywhere) because it's her favorite event! We'll be on 7D ALL morning!

If we are staying at WL is the best way to get to MK for EMM is to take the boat to the contemporary and then walk to MK from there? I don’t think the boats to MK start that early

If we are staying at WL is the best way to get to MK for EMM is to take the boat to the contemporary and then walk to MK from there? I don’t think the boats to MK start that early

You are correct on both counts. The direct MK boat does not run that early so you want to take the boat to the Contemporary and walk.

Your safer bet is to take the bus to MK.

You can take the CR boat as mentioned - starts at 7am if I'm not mistaken. We did that once (because we didn't know any better) and caught the second one - ended up running through CR and over, but it worked out OK.

Your safer bet is to take the bus to MK.

You can take the CR boat as mentioned - starts at 7am if I'm not mistaken. We did that once (because we didn't know any better) and caught the second one - ended up running through CR and over, but it worked out OK.
So the bus is better? I thought the boats started earlier (630/645 am)

The boats do start that early. I’m pretty sure it’s 6:45. We’ve never had a problem catching the boat to the Contemporary and walking; even on EMM days. We find the upside of going that route is that there isn’t many people so getting through security is a breeze.

PP is probably right about the time (I can never keep the exact bay lake boat details straight in my head and their experience sounds more recent than mine). If you don’t mind the walk from CR, then it’s a valid way to go. If trying to minimize steps, bus would be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter