MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, September 4th is showing EMM on MDE. I just can't decide if we should do it!!

Note to all those looking at the thread and contemplating booking - go ahead and book.

I didn't, and now it's sold out. (Will keep looking and crossing my fingers)

Don't be a Doug, book in advance.

You can always cancel later if you want

I hit my 180 days yesterday and a bit bummed that there is no EMM on Sept 2nd. They did Sunday of labour day weekend last year so was assuming they'd do the same. I booked for earlier in or trip (Aug 26) but was hoping to get both days. Oh well!

I just looked and I do t see any days beyond August

180 days is Aug 25th, so it would have to be somebody with staying on site to see those first few days of September. I was booking yesterday for and my +10 days took me to Sept 2nd, which is how I was able to see it not on that day. Not sure how above poster got the info on Sept 4th because 180 days from today is Aug 25th + 10 days is Sept 3rd. Unless their trip is longer than 10 days perhaps?

180 days is Aug 25th, so it would have to be somebody with staying on site to see those first few days of September. I was booking yesterday for and my +10 days took me to Sept 2nd, which is how I was able to see it not on that day. Not sure how above poster got the info on Sept 4th because 180 days from today is Aug 25th + 10 days is Sept 3rd. Unless their trip is longer than 10 days perhaps?

I used @GADisneyDad14 's trick of going to My Itinerary, add parks and places, and choosing the date. I can see up to 9/4.

FYI, the MK calendar where you can see a few days past 180 is accessible via this method:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
9/4 shows "Ticketed Event: 7:45-9AM" at MK, which has historically been an early indicator for EMM.

Same thing applies to 8/26 & 8/28. They aren't bookable yet online but show as "Ticketed Event...."

Anyone in their 180+ window should be able to book those dates at the moment, I suspect.

How likely is it that a date that appears sold out will "open up" due to cancellations? I'm trying to get 4 tickets on 5/1 and am kicking myself for not grabbing it the first time I saw it open.
I'm in the same boat as you.... but for the week before. I check multiple times a day but fear I am just wasting my time!

I'm in the same boat as you.... but for the week before. I check multiple times a day but fear I am just wasting my time!

The day before our desired EMM, I had the app going on the phone, constantly refreshing. And the evening before, around 7pm EST, three spots were open. In fact, I will venture a guess that it is MORE likely to find a cancellation 1 to 2 days out, as people want to avoid the no show policy of approximately $70 per person.

Just keep swimming!! Just keep swimming!!!

Ok if you were a family of 6 , 10 yr old first trip she remembers and it would be our first day in the park ... other kids are 18.15.13

Would you do this ? Is it worth it ?

Can they deal with allergies at breakfast even if we come in at 9:45?

Anything special I should know?

We would be giving up a 9 am BOG breakfast for this instead cause it’s book for this day and I doubt I will get another for the week.

Ok if you were a family of 6 , 10 yr old first trip she remembers and it would be our first day in the park ... other kids are 18.15.13

Would you do this ? Is it worth it ?

Can they deal with allergies at breakfast even if we come in at 9:45?

Anything special I should know?

We would be giving up a 9 am BOG breakfast for this instead cause it’s book for this day and I doubt I will get another for the week.

Having done BOG breakfast, I would 100 percent choose this over it, just based on the reviews I have read! :) BOG breakfast to me is so overpriced for food that's not particularly good .

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, today is our 180 day window for ADR's. (Aug 25-Sept 2). I keeping bringing up the schedule in MDE, and it won't let me access the week of our trip. I was hoping to book EMM for Sunday, 8/26. Am I do something wrong? Thank you!

For anyone in doubt, we did this in late July and will be doing it again on 3/18. We got there a few minutes late because neither monorail or the ferry were running from the TTC until almost 7:45am. Even getting there a bit late, I rode 7DMT 11 times. I had to stop, because I was getting nauseous. DH and DS rode is 13 times. We rode PP once. Pooh was down. We had a couple of minutes to use the bathroom and then wait for RD. We then did breakfast about 9:30am. It was one of those priceless things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter