MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure what you mean by “see the kids faces.” You can certainly walk in together (and see their faces as you all walk down Main Street). But, they won’t be able to watch the kids ride anything as they won’t be allowed access to the rides. I’m not sure about “walking around.” They really won’t be able to spend a whole lot of time with you by the time they’re done with their breakfast.

Its our first morning there, so they want to see their faces as we arrive and such. We also need them to keep the 1 yo while we ride with the 4 yo. They also won't know their way around yet, so them coming to the park later and finding us isn't ideal for them. I am still going to try to snag them tickets for EMM. I've been lucky grabbing the other 2.

Also, neither of them are big breakfast eaters. Since BOG is quick service in the mornings, can they go in and order something relatively simple (ie muffin and tea) and head back out pretty quick? We basically have the BOG reservation for them so that they can come into the park with us and we aren't starting our first day separated.

Its our first morning there, so they want to see their faces as we arrive and such. We also need them to keep the 1 yo while we ride with the 4 yo. They also won't know their way around yet, so them coming to the park later and finding us isn't ideal for them. I am still going to try to snag them tickets for EMM. I've been lucky grabbing the other 2.

Also, neither of them are big breakfast eaters. Since BOG is quick service in the mornings, can they go in and order something relatively simple (ie muffin and tea) and head back out pretty quick? We basically have the BOG reservation for them so that they can come into the park with us and we aren't starting our first day separated.

EMM is only 75 minutes long (and less than that if you count the time it takes to walk from the front of the park). I’d say it will still take 20-30 minutes for your parents to get through BOG, even ordering something simple.

I did EMM once and had a 1 year old at the time. My husband and I just switched off riding 7 Dwarves. The 1 year old can go on the other rides.

Also, I have another transportation question. I wonder if we need a separate EMM transportation thread!!

We are staying at AOA Suites. There will be 6 of us total: myself, wife, 4 yo, 1 yo, 2 grandparents. I am pretty stressed about transport considering other stories here.

1) Has anyone done EMM from AOA? What time should be aim at leaving if taking bus? Where will it take us...MK gate or TTC?

I am fine to take Uber/Lyft/MinnieVan, totally worth the $$ to take the stress out and also arrive easily (this is already a super early morning and Day1 for us).
2) How does Uber/Lyft/MV work with child seats (we would need 2)? 1 grandparent also has a packable ECV and we have a double CitySelect stroller. Are any of these services able to accomodate us? If so will we need 2 vehicles?
3) Do Minnie Vans serve AOA yet, read somewhere that it was coming but not as of last fall.

Thanks to @GADisneyDad14 for all his comments here and pointing me to this thread! I had searched for EMM but not found this sticky for some reason. (And I'm an IT guy...oooops)
Just take the bus. They will have plenty of buses at that time.

Here is another question about EMM transition/RD planning.

Currently I have this booked:
Pre 9am: EMM rides
Rope drop/opening: Little Mermaid
930a: EMM Breakfast (be done by 10a)
925-1025: FP+ for everyone at Big Thunder Mtn
1025-1125: FP+ for everyone at Splash
1125-1225: FP+ Pirates
Lunch

After reading some of the comments and recommendations to run over to Big Thunder Mountain for rope drop, I am now wondering if I am wasting that first FP+ at BTMR. I am considering cancelling BTMR FP+ at 925a and going over there for rope drop (means postponing Little Mermaid to another time). We will have a double stroller (1 seat, 1 glider board), grandma in her ECV and granddad (can walk fast), so we can move relatively quick if needed. On the map it just seems like a lot of extra walking from Fantasyland to BTMR, then walk back to EMM Breakfast buffet, then back to Splash for 1025 FP+. Its been over 15 years since I was last there, so I don't have a good mental picture in my mind how the walk is between the 2 places.

Thoughts wise gurus...

(PS. if I go with this modification, I would replace the BTMR FP+ with another spin on 7DMT FP+ at 5pm when we return from swim time.)

I'm looking for 2 more tickets to May 20, 2018, if anyone sees an opening! I booked 2 tickets already for my husband and I but didn't realize until after the fact that my 2 year old and infant will also need a EMM ticket even though they don't need park admission tickets - or am I wrong (please say I'm wrong so I can stop frantically checking - haha!)?!?

I'm looking for 2 more tickets to May 20, 2018, if anyone sees an opening! I booked 2 tickets already for my husband and I but didn't realize until after the fact that my 2 year old and infant will also need a EMM ticket even though they don't need park admission tickets - or am I wrong (please say I'm wrong so I can stop frantically checking - haha!)?!?

From what I understand no ticket for anything is needed for kids 2 and under. As a test, if you pick a future date that does have EMM availability and go through the checkout process, if you choose a kid under 2, on the checkout screen it doesn't calculate an EMM charge for them. Unless you need a ticket even if its free, but that seems counter-intuitive when they don't require a ticket to even access the park.

Last edited:
From what I understand no ticket for anything is needed for kids 2 and under. As a test, if you pick a future date that does have EMM availability and go through the checkout process, if you choose a kid under 2, on the checkout screen it doesn't calculate an EMM charge for them. Unless you need a ticket even if its free, but that seems counter-intuitive when they don't require a ticket to even access the park.

You got me thinking if I am in same situation. I have searched interwebs high and low for clarification if non-ticketed babies 2 and under need an EMM free ticket (like they do need a meal reservation. There is no mention ANYWHERE that they do. I would think if they did, many parents would miss this fact and when they ran into issues at EMM check-in, that would be widely reported...but its not. I am going to call Disney Events tomorrow and confirm. I really think you are okay.

I thought the same when booking but on the "Disney Moms" site run by Disney, someone asked if their 2 year old needed a ticket for EMM when park admission isn't needed, and the reply was, "Since your daughter is 2 and does not require a park ticket, she will also be free for Early Morning Magic, but you'll still add her when you purchase your tickets. It will show her as $0.00 when you check out, so there is no charge for her."

...so I started freaking out frantically searching for more availability once I read this to no avail...

You got me thinking if I am in same situation. I have searched interwebs high and low for clarification if non-ticketed babies 2 and under need an EMM free ticket (like they do need a meal reservation. There is no mention ANYWHERE that they do. I would think if they did, many parents would miss this fact and when they ran into issues at EMM check-in, that would be widely reported...but its not. I am going to call Disney Events tomorrow and confirm. I really think you are okay.

Thanks so much! Hope you are right!!

I thought the same when booking but on the "Disney Moms" site run by Disney, someone asked if their 2 year old needed a ticket for EMM when park admission isn't needed, and the reply was, "Since your daughter is 2 and does not require a park ticket, she will also be free for Early Morning Magic, but you'll still add her when you purchase your tickets. It will show her as $0.00 when you check out, so there is no charge for her."

...so I started freaking out frantically searching for more availability once I read this to no avail...

Hmmm...I see in the booking process that it does leave the child in but charges $0 like you said. I honestly can't imagine they make a big deal about this if you don't have it. Otherwise there would be warnings everywhere. Call Disney dining/events tomorrow and ask. If its really an issue, maybe they can manually add them to your reservation.

Just booked for 5/15! Has anyone done Space Mountain and Speedyway right after RD and had enough time to go back from breakfast?

I have generally tried to eat more like 9:50AM. At rope drop we’ll run off to some rides, then circle back. We’ve done things like BTMR, HM, then back to eat. One time we did BTMR, SM, HM, then back to eat - but SM is a long ride that ate up a lot of time and made that timeline very tight.

I think the 9-9:45 time is a great window to go hit some other rides first thing, which can then help maximize FP usage later in the day.

Have fun!
@GADisneyDad14 I found your comment here after I posted my other question earlier tonight (#447). You are touching on what I am looking for.

Where is the "rope" for EMM to Frontierland? When did they let you out of FL to walk to BTMR?

Would EMM guests from FL rope be able to beat general guests from the hub rope to BTMR? Still deciding if I should cancel my 925a FP+ at BTMR in exchange for a pre-dinner FP+ on 7DMT again. Thanks in advance!

Thanks @Linkura! Does the bus run directly to MK bus stop or just the TTC that early?
The resort buses NEVER go to TTC, always in front of MK.

@GADisneyDad14 I found your comment here after I posted my other question earlier tonight (#447). You are touching on what I am looking for.

Where is the "rope" for EMM to Frontierland? When did they let you out of FL to walk to BTMR?

Would EMM guests from FL rope be able to beat general guests from the hub rope to BTMR? Still deciding if I should cancel my 925a FP+ at BTMR in exchange for a pre-dinner FP+ on 7DMT again. Thanks in advance!
No, the rope drop is going to be outside of IASW/PPF. You aren't going to beat general guests.

Just booked for 5/15! Has anyone done Space Mountain and Speedyway right after RD and had enough time to go back from breakfast?
I haven't, but that should be fine.

That is my plan when we have EMM for 4/15- I will check back after! (Though we may try Space and Buzz)

We took a bus from Pop and got there in plenty of time. At check-in we received a map of Fantasyland (no wristbands). As they were letting us in to the left of the hub, everyone was showing their purple wristbands. I asked about the wristbands and the elderly male CM said that's for something else and let us through anyway. When we got to 7DMT we had no wristbands to show for entry. I'm guessing a manager was called over to address the issue. He let us on the ride and told us to meet him upon exiting. There were 4 of us. My granddaughter and I rode twice before getting off for our wristbands. No other issues after this.

Tea cups and carousel were also open. I dislike tea cups. Rode 7DMT 11 times, Pooh once, PP once right at end of EMM/beginning of RD (walk-on through queue). Went on HM then IASW then had breakfast. Breakfast buffet was good. Kids enjoyed the choices. We sat at the window while kids had a blast with the signs to hold up for the riders of IASW. In case you're not familiar, there are several signs with sayings to do "the chicken dance, The Macarena, YMCA, take a selfie, etc... (hold signs up against glass window).

Worth doing again. Book it even if you're not sure because our date was sold out. I originally booked for two then added on two more to our trip, so needed two more spots (checked everyday and got two more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter