I so wish I could spend my money anywhere but on this dessert party so this is a one and done for us. It's just for HEA as I would never do it for Wishes. Even if I only get to experience HEA in the park once, I won't be doing it again. I've been seriously considering cancelling it but I keep thinking do I want to avoid jostling, jockeying for a spot, and long wait for the fireworks particularly with DH and his back issues? It's enough to have to do it for MNSSHP but that's it. I'm still considering just viewing from the front of the park instead.

Last edited:

Thanks so much for this! I haven't seen any reviews about the dessert party with HEA and was wondering what the view was like. Can't wait to see HEA in person in December!

Does this event remain sold out or do people cancel day or week of?

The Plaza Garden version hasn’t really been selling out all that much, until this fall. Likely more of a result of the numerous party nights that shift more people to fewer opportunities to see HEA, and therefore more demand for the dessert parties on those nights.

I’ve done it a couple of times now and made the reservations pretty close to the event, eg, within 30ish days.

@Lesley Wake is correct that the cancellation period is 5 days, so that’s a good time to be checking if you’re trying to book a sold out party. The good thing is the Plaza Garden version has a pretty large capacity, so lots of opportunities for people to be changing their plans.

Moral of the story, keep checking!

I just booked a Plaza Garden viewing for MVMCP on 12/8. Are you able to watch the parade from this viewing spot? Also, Im trying to figure out if this is worth the money. I'm not sure how crowded the park is on party nights. If it is crowded and hard to get a good fireworks view, it's definitely worth the money for us because my husband hates the crowds. Any input?

I just booked a Plaza Garden viewing for MVMCP on 12/8. Are you able to watch the parade from this viewing spot? Also, Im trying to figure out if this is worth the money. I'm not sure how crowded the park is on party nights. If it is crowded and hard to get a good fireworks view, it's definitely worth the money for us because my husband hates the crowds. Any input?

We went to MVMCP in 2013, and it was quite crowded, especially for the fireworks and first parade. I'm guessing that hasn't changed.

We did Hallowishes and watched the parade from the area. The plaza is slightly above the sidewalk between it and the parade route, so as long as you aren't short, you can see above people's heads. Not sure if kids could see well though, and any characters walking thru the parade you have to view in gaps between people standing. If there were a lot of people in that space it could get obstructed. So, it's doable but not great.

Checking touring plans and the dec 8th party is predicted to be the 9th least crowded party. In my experience for the Halloween party, the dessert party was not worth it. It meant so much time was taken up by the party we didn't do much else. And the Hub is big enough to find uncrowded fireworks spots without waiting forever (people could walk up shortly before the fireworks and get an equal or better spot as us without the cost and time suck). The parade you can see from Frontierland without many crowds.

Is the Plaza Garden reserved for this every night? We sat in there to watch the fireworks when we were there in October 2016 but if it was reserved we totally missed that somehow.

Is the Plaza Garden reserved for this every night? We sat in there to watch the fireworks when we were there in October 2016 but if it was reserved we totally missed that somehow.

I can’t recall when the Plaza Garden version was introduced, but I guess it’s possible you were there before the event started (I’d have to do some DISresearch to be sure).

But yes, now, the Plaza Garden is reserved every night (both party and non-party nights).

I can’t recall when the Plaza Garden version was introduced, but I guess it’s possible you were there before the event started (I’d have to do some DISresearch to be sure).

But yes, now, the Plaza Garden is reserved every night (both party and non-party nights).

Well that's good. I would have felt bad. If we did do that people were probably really annoyed with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter