Just finished our costumes today. It's been me and DD doing it. In the past I have bought basic costumes and embellished them to the characters we were being. This year we are going as Hercules and Pals, and well our costumes look like we made them.:rolleyes1 Let's just say I am a better baker then crafty. Darn pinterest making me thing I can do things easily!:sad2:

Ok I've been working on my plan for our party!
Me & DS, age 4. Dressed as Sally and Barrel, Oct 13.
Enter about 2:00 with APs to catch some of FoF parade.
Then Peter Pan FP 2:25-3:25. Maybe do Small World and Philharmagic, get wristband at Fantasy Faire and then Jack and Sally 4-5:15 ish.
Eat at Columbia Harbor House and do spirit photography at memento mori.
Jungle Cruise FP 5:30-6:30 so get there on later end of that.
Ride Pirates and then will be about 7:00 so try and meet Captain Jack, Jafar, Tarzan/Jane/Terk and Aladdin/Abu or Jasmine/Genie.
Frontierland trick or treat Trail and Cadaver Dans.
8:35 Hocus Pocus.
9:15 parade from Liberty Sq area.
Ride Haunted Mansion after parade and do some magic shots.
Might head to Fantasyland after that and watch fireworks from back there.
Assess how tired DS is.
May start to head out after fireworks and meet Talking Mickey on the way out.

Then we have another party on 10/15 dressed as Prince Eric and Ursula.
Will probably get there about 5 and may go line up for 7Dwarves if DS wants to.
Meet Donald/Daisy/Minnie.
The plan for this night will be looser.
Need to get pic with Ariel in our costumes.
Other than that more rides, trick or treating, hitting things we missed the first time, buying souvenirs and special cupcakes. Seeing Hocus Pocus and parade again if DS wants to.
Would try and see parade and fireworks from different spots this time.
Also will do Buzz ride and People Mover if we didn't make it to Tomorrowland during the first party.

Last edited:
Just finished our costumes today. It's been me and DD doing it. In the past I have bought basic costumes and embellished them to the characters we were being. This year we are going as Hercules and Pals, and well our costumes look like we made them.:rolleyes1 Let's just say I am a better baker then crafty. Darn pinterest making me thing I can do things easily!:sad2:

I'm working on a costume for my daughter, and it's coming out about the same. We'll have fun anyway!

Ok I've been working on my plan for our party!
Me & DS, age 4. Dressed as Sally and Barrel, Oct 13.
Enter about 2:00 with APs to catch some of FoF parade.
Then Peter Pan FP 2:25-3:25. Maybe do Small World and Philharmagic, get wristband at Fantasy Faire and then Jack and Sally 4-5:15 ish.
Eat at Columbia Harbor House and do spirit photography at memento mori.
Jungle Cruise FP 5:30-6:30 so get there on later end of that.
Ride Pirates and then will be about 7:00 so try and meet Captain Jack, Jafar, Tarzan/Jane/Terk and Aladdin/Abu or Jasmine/Genie.
Frontierland trick or treat Trail and Cadaver Dans.
8:35 Hocus Pocus.
9:15 parade from Liberty Sq area.
Ride Haunted Mansion after parade and do some magic shots.
Might head to Fantasyland after that and watch fireworks from back there.
Assess how tired DS is.
May start to head out after fireworks and meet Talking Mickey on the way out.

Then we have another party on 10/15 dressed as Prince Eric and Ursula.
Will probably get there about 5 and may go line up for 7Dwarves if DS wants to.
Meet Donald/Daisy/Minnie.
The plan for this night will be looser.
Need to get pic with Ariel in our costumes.
Other than that more rides, trick or treating, hitting things we missed the first time, buying souvenirs and special cupcakes. Seeing Hocus Pocus and parade again if DS wants to.
Would try and see parade and fireworks from different spots this time.
Also will do Buzz ride and People Mover if we didn't make it to Tomorrowland during the first party.
I think you'll be hard pressed to get a good spot for the first parade in LS if you watch the 8:35 HP show. I'd recommend finding a parade spot by 8:30 if you want to be in the front row.

Also, after you watch parade (over around 9:35) and ride HM it will likely be fireworks time. You may not make it to FL before they start. Though behind the castle (if you can get there) is an amazing view.

I think you'll be hard pressed to get a good spot for the first parade in LS if you watch the 8:35 HP show. I'd recommend finding a parade spot by 8:30 if you want to be in the front row.

Also, after you watch parade (over around 9:35) and ride HM it will likely be fireworks time. You may not make it to FL before they start. Though behind the castle (if you can get there) is an amazing view.

I noticed on last year's map first parade was actually 8:30 and first HP was 9:15. Are we thinking it will be this way again? Last year we went in October and first parade was definitely 8:30 now that I look at my photos.
That will actually be better for us.
We could get a spot in Frontierland about 8:00 for 8:30 parade, then try to watch HP at 9:15.

I noticed on last year's map first parade was actually 8:30 and first HP was 9:15. Are we thinking it will be this way again? Last year we went in October and first parade was definitely 8:30 now that I look at my photos.
We could get a spot in Frontierland about 8:00 for 8:30 parade, then try to watch HP at 9:15.
Parade time has changed, so no I don't think this will be the case.

For me, a big part of the fun is actually making the costumes. I have finish DD's costume, and I worked of DH's kilt for King Fergus this weekend. I had to deviate from the plan some, but it will all work out in the end! Don't worry if they don't come out perfect!

I love listening to your creations. I was going to do a family of pirates but DD wanted to be Pooh. She is 15 and in this new pooh stage...kinda strange but I will roll with it. So then I thought we could just do individual costumes and I started getting creative. So I got on Polyvore and my DD showed me how to put outfits together and I came up with some fun ideas. So now I am going as a Haunted Mansion barista lol. I will post a pic
if I can figure out how. But I saw a haunted Mansion Maid inspired apron on the Disney Store and I thought it kinda looked like "starbucks ish" and then I started going from there. Now I'm excited.......
a>

And don't worry about pinterest fails.... I have many. There are no mistakes just happy accidents

Last edited:

I don't think @Cluelyss is stating that at all. Times have been confirmed and posted [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587118"]here[/URL].

and are as follows:
Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade
Hours:
9:15 p.m. & 11:15 p.m.
Duration: 20 Minutes

Hocus Pocus
Hours:
Aug & Sept. 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 12:00 a.m.
Oct & Nov 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m. 12:00 a.m

There is no 8:30pm parade.

I don't think @Cluelyss is stating that at all. Times have been confirmed and posted here.

and are as follows:
Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade
Hours:
9:15 p.m. & 11:15 p.m.

Hocus Pocus
Hours:
Aug & Sept. 8:15 p.m., 10:45 p.m. and 12:00 a.m.
Oct & Nov 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m. 12:00 a.m

There is no 8:30pm parade.

Oh ok. So these times have been confirmed even though the first party hasn't happened yet? I didn't realize we had that info for 2017 yet. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter