14 and older they do not allow masks, 13 and under they cant cover entire face or eyes.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Oh! I didn't really think about that. When I think of mask, I think of something scary that covers the whole face. I didn't think about those bands that go around the Incredible character's eyes. I guess only my daughter will get to wear one. We were only going to wear them for a couple photos. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Could you do just a little black face paint instead? The kind that dries more wouldn't be too runny in heat.

Getting excited for my party! DD has no clue. Had lots of free time yesterday since schools were closed. I was able to finish up an elena dress and her party shirt. I thought a themed shirt and shorts would be the most comfortable for her if it's hot or rainy. Going to try to post the pic of her shirt. Hope this works.

This shirt is SUCH a good idea! I want to run out and make a Sophia the first one now! What kind of fabric did you use for the floaty "skirt" and sleeves?

I'd love to see your Elena dress. I made one for my DD2.5 out of an adorable regular toddler dress I thought she could actually wear again for the holidays and isn't too scratchy.

Ok, so sorry I haven't posted! We arrived in Thursday, spent 2 days in the park, then 2 days on pseudo-lockdown in the resort for Irma so haven't had much time for thinking about the dis!

Of course when Irma came all my previous plans got thrown out the window-we actually came in 2 days early and those extra days were insanely uncrowded so we got sooo much done that it has had a (good) ripple effect on the rest of our trip. That meant by the time of our party this evening we had already done everything we wanted to do in MK so weren't worried about attractions at all! We also used one of my sister's park days to come in during the day at MK and left after the FoF parade to get changed at our resort.

Our original plan was here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...y-in-the-making.3604086/page-41#post-58106948

This party was insanely uncrowded as well! I think despite people going to it unstead of the 10th, enough people cancelled their trips outright to more than make up for it.

Our actual party plan went something like this:
5pm-arrive at MK, use bypass to get past Main Street. They were not giving out packaged candy baggies, instead a normal trick or treat barrel. While walking by Tomorrowland Terrace we checked in for the fireworks dessert party and they gave us wristbands (we had Plaza viewing) and said to come back at 8:30.
5:10-head to Aloha Isle and attempt to get a Haunted Mansion dessert-get turned away; they are now only serving party treats after 7. This was not the only location where someone was turned away as another guest couldn't get the pumpkin cheesecake at Gaston's Tavern
5:25-wander our way around and up to Enchanted Tales with Belle; this was our only FP remaining, we used the others that morning.
5:50-wandered over towards where Belle and Gaston would meet. No line yet but the CM was setting up the ropes. Sister waited in line while I went to get us dinner at Village Haus; unfortunately I walked in at 6:02 and they stopped serving at 6! Annoying, and I went to Columbia Harbor House instead while sister went to Cosmic Rays after I got back in line. When I returned aroun 6:15 there were another 2 women in line behind us; the next group didn't show up until 6:30.
7pm-Party starts; about 8 groups behind us, we probably could have shown up then and been just fine! Anyways, Gaston comes out and we are informed Belle is busy for this first set and it will be just Gaston. We were pretty bummed but had already waited that long and didn't want to go away, so we stayed and met just Gaston.
7:05-done with Gaston and we don't quite have an idea of what we want to do. Eventually we end up going to Haunted Mansion.
7:20-arrive at Haunted Mansion. It's foggy but no Madame Carlotta yet. First we took the magic shot with the hearse. They also weren't doing the lantern shot yet. Ride itself was a walk on though they did have the full interactive queue open so we got to see that.
7:35-exit the Haunted Mansion. Madame Carlotta was out so got to experience that.
7:45-Aloha Isle to get Haunted Mansion dessert. Note-they are now selling both Oreo and Peanut Butter versions here; I think originally the PB one was at Liberty Square but now it's at Aloha. Dessert was fine-very small but I did like the flavor.
7:50-Magic Carpets-since we were there and it was a walk on! Ended up being the only attraction we did during the party!
8:00-got spot in front of the castle for first Hocus Pocus show.
8:15-Hocus Pocus-loved it!!!
8:35-went to dessert party. Definitely a WASTE OF MONEY!!! Desserts were either meh or bad (Villans cupcake tasted like straight dye). Party was so empty we could have gotten just as good a view walking up right before fireworks. But whatever, it gave us a place to rest for a bit-our costumes did not breathe well at all so we were sweaty and tired and sore feet! I also don't know why they said to come at 8:30 and I listened. I think I blanked on all my planning! Anyways, the plaza buffet area was empty! Only a few other people.
9:20-left dessert area and went to the plaza to watch the parade. It actually wasn't a half bad spot, because we were slightly elevated. Not as good as front row, but just as good as any place you'd find last minute. Now, because this was a slow party, there were only 2 rows of people at the curb. If it was a busier party with lots of people you may not be able to see the parade.
9:45-parade done. Rather than go to get more desserts (we were too full), or go on a ride (didn't know what crowds would be like and if we'd miss fireworks), we just hung out in the plaza garden. Pretty relaxing and I actually laid down on the fake grass and closed my eyes for a bit.
10:15-Hallowishes. Plaza was so empty we could go wherever. We ended up sitting against the back rail and had a great view!
10:30-second show of Hocus Pocus, got a view at one of the railings surrounding the Partners statue so didn't have phone screens or children blocking our view.
10:50-headed out the park, making a quick stop at emporium to get party exclusive ornament and pin.

So we had a much different party than expected. Did not have a huge list of things to accomplish and feet too sore to even do that. But we got to experience the party entertainment which we loved. Characters are not a priority for us unless it is to go with an outfit. So it was not a fail by any means.

Oh, we also did a couple treat stops, but nothing crazy-didn't want to cart around large candy bags all evening!

@MrsDanielle
Hi and :welcome: to the party! Please follow Itinerary Guidelines:

This is the time you must be at this location
This is the time you should be done with your experience
Keep your FP's to the right side to avoid confusion.

EXAMPLE:
3:00-3:30
FP Princesses Rapunzel/Tiana 3:20-4:20

Additional Info:

At Frontierland the parade will start at 11:15. If you want to find a front row spot and see the Headless Horseman subtract 30 minutes. So now your time changes from 11:15 to 10:45. The parade lasts 20 minutes which means it will be over by 11:35.

10:45-11:35 11:15 Boo To You Parade at Frontierland

Since Hocus Pocus starts at 12:00, subtract 20 minutes = 11:40

11:40-12:20 12am Hocus Pocus

Your itinerary has been posted to the Main Post for easier access. Please do NOT re-post your itinerary. If you make changes just post a note! Thanks!

Im not really doing an Itinerary but have a question so I hope I am following guidelines

I am going to attempt to get FP for the party night. They send you in a back/side cut through at 4 now correct?
So will this work?
330-430 FP Space Mountian (ride at 415)
430-530 FP POC (expect to ride 445)
530-630 FP BTMRR (expect to ride 530)

I doubt if I could get my husband to wear face paint. (wouldn't go well with facial hair!) I guess we will just wear the shirts and have our daughter wear her eye mask for a couple the photos. (she is under 14 so that should be okay) I wish I would have thought about it earlier! We added this party at the last minute when we switched up our dates bc of Irma and I was trying to come up with a costumes on the fly. Thanks everyone for the advice!

I edited my plans to now reflect 2 parties and our new dates bc of Irma. I would appreciate any advice @FoxC63 and @Cluelyss if you have time. You guys had great suggestions before. Thanks!!
What about cheap black sunglasses? Would sort of give the same look as a mask without violating disney rules
We have hats and matching colored sunglasses for our pj mask costumes

What about cheap black sunglasses? Would sort of give the same look as a mask without violating disney rules
We have hats and matching colored sunglasses for our pj mask costumes

That is a good idea.:worship: Couldn't I just pop the lenses out of black glasses and glue black felt with holes in it that looks like the Indcredibles masks? Then it would just technically be fancy glasses. Or maybe I could find some long skinny black sunglasses like my husband sometimes wears on his jobsite.

I'd love to see your Elena dress. I made one for my DD2.5 out of an adorable regular toddler dress I thought she could actually wear again for the holidays and isn't too scratchy.[/QUOTE]

I try to remember to take a pic of the Elena dress when I get home. I'm not sure what kind of material I used! I got it from Hobby Lobby. It was with the tulle. It's got a little shine to it and it's a little see through, but it's not scratchy like tulle can be.

Good news! I had my other back/neck appointment and I am all good for my trip. She did advice me to get a massage before flying home to help as I'd be doing so much walking, carrying a bag all day and going on all the rides. Just looked at the prices at some of the spas at Disney for a massage :scared1: need to figure out how I could fit it in my trip and if they have any spaces.

Would they kick us out if we wore them for a photo on main street or could we just throw them away if they said something? I hate confrontation so we should probably not try.

You'd be fine I think to take a photo, they just don't want people walking around with them I think.

Oh! I didn't really think about that. When I think of mask, I think of something scary that covers the whole face. I didn't think about those bands that go around the Incredible character's eyes. I guess only my daughter will get to wear one. We were only going to wear them for a couple photos. :sad:

Could you do just a little black face paint instead? The kind that dries more wouldn't be too runny in heat.[/QUOTE]

Maybe face paint? Is face paint ok?

I use face paint (stage makeup) and have no issues.

This shirt is SUCH a good idea! I want to run out and make a Sophia the first one now! What kind of fabric did you use for the floaty "skirt" and sleeves?

I'd love to see your Elena dress. I made one for my DD2.5 out of an adorable regular toddler dress I thought she could actually wear again for the holidays and isn't too scratchy.

Here's the Elena dress.

Attachments

• 20170913_171835_resized_1 (1).jpg
    20170913_171835_resized_1 (1).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter