Mobile Order, HP restaurants, modifications?

I was there for a short trip in May and had a similar strange experience. We went to Leaky Cauldron and attempted to go in for breakfast and was told we had to have a voucher and a reservation. We didn't know what they were talking about, we eat breakfast there every trip and that was the first time we'd heard that. We spoke to the restaurant manager who just re-iterated that you had to have a voucher and a reservation. We asked him how we go about getting one and he didn't know. The restaurant was mostly empty, they had zero people in line, and they absolutely refused to seat us. (just an FYI we were speaking politely and respectfully the whole time to both the worker and the manager, we did not got karen on anybody even though we were really hungry and hugely disappointed so I don't think it was our attitude that caused them to not want to seat us)

We then went to customer service at the front of the park to ask what was going on with this rule change and how do we go about getting one of these magical vouchers. Customer service said it was only for vacation packages. We had booked hotel only cause we are annual passholders. They said there was nothing they could do to get us a voucher though we were more than happy to pay, we weren't expecting anything free, and they did not care one bit that we were upset or that it made no sense for passholders to not be able to eat breakfast there.

The next morning we decided to try again, walked up to the Leaky Cauldron at breakfast and the lady sat us without saying one word about a voucher or reservation. The whole fiasco was just the strangest thing ever.

We are going back in November before our passes expire and really want to eat breakfast there. So you guys think I need to ask at the hotel the night before? We are staying at royal pacific. I wonder if I should call the hotel and ask........

I was there for a short trip in May and had a similar strange experience. We went to Leaky Cauldron and attempted to go in for breakfast and was told we had to have a voucher and a reservation. We didn't know what they were talking about, we eat breakfast there every trip and that was the first time we'd heard that. We spoke to the restaurant manager who just re-iterated that you had to have a voucher and a reservation. We asked him how we go about getting one and he didn't know. The restaurant was mostly empty, they had zero people in line, and they absolutely refused to seat us. (just an FYI we were speaking politely and respectfully the whole time to both the worker and the manager, we did not got karen on anybody even though we were really hungry and hugely disappointed so I don't think it was our attitude that caused them to not want to seat us)

We then went to customer service at the front of the park to ask what was going on with this rule change and how do we go about getting one of these magical vouchers. Customer service said it was only for vacation packages. We had booked hotel only cause we are annual passholders. They said there was nothing they could do to get us a voucher though we were more than happy to pay, we weren't expecting anything free, and they did not care one bit that we were upset or that it made no sense for passholders to not be able to eat breakfast there.

The next morning we decided to try again, walked up to the Leaky Cauldron at breakfast and the lady sat us without saying one word about a voucher or reservation. The whole fiasco was just the strangest thing ever.

We are going back in November before our passes expire and really want to eat breakfast there. So you guys think I need to ask at the hotel the night before? We are staying at royal pacific. I wonder if I should call the hotel and ask........
I will admit it is very bizarre and we had a resprt only stay booked too as we get tickets from third party! Very bizarre.

Well I decided to call cause I wanted to put in a room request anyway. Spoke to the front desk at Royal and they put me on hold and spoke to the vacation planning desk. They are doing vouchers and reservations for both Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron just for breakfast, but you cannot book before arrival, you have to wait until you get there. But they did say they've never had a problem with it booking up and not to worry about that (though I personally think it is probably cause most people don't know you have to do that lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter