• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Modify Reservation?

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
I have two nights booked at POR but due to our flights, I need to cancel the first night. Can I modify the reservation on-line to drop the first night or do I need to call? By dropping the first night, does the rate still stay the same? I did not book a package but the annual pass discount. The room that I booked is no longer available so I just can't rebook.

I have two nights booked at POR but due to our flights, I need to cancel the first night. Can I modify the reservation on-line to drop the first night or do I need to call? By dropping the first night, does the rate still stay the same? I did not book a package but the annual pass discount. The room that I booked is no longer available so I just can't rebook.

You can try to modify online. But to do that the room has to be available as if you’re booking a new stay. If it isn’t, you have to call. Ex: I found a few nights of our April/ May stay with the public discount & booked those nights as a new reservation. I had to drop those nights from my original reservation. The 2 remaining nights weren’t available online, so I called the number listed on my plans on the MDE app. I called at about 9:20 am & was given an option for a call back. The wait time on the phone was about 112 minutes. I had a call back in 20 minutes & was done with the call in another 20. Also, the regular CRO CMs can’t usually make the change if your new dates aren’t showing. They have to contact guest services to assist them. So that’s why it took 20 minutes for the CM to finalize my change.

You could also try the chat feature on the website before calling, or if you're on hold. I've had luck with the chat feature less than half the time, but it may be worth a try.

If you have the Change button next to your reservation, you can attempt to modify it online. There is a change button that allows you to update your dates of travel and it gives you options for which resorts are available for your new dates. I've noticed that these options are different than what appears if you are booking a brand new reservation. If you don't see the room type/resort you currently have, then yes, you need to call. I had luck getting them to update my reservation to the one night I needed and in my case the rate went down and I got a refund for the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter