Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

Really enjoying your reviews. We've always had a nice lunch at yak &yeti, it's a must do for our animal kingdom visits. Pleased you enjoyed your meal there, that green apple sake sounds really interesting, i had never noticed it on the menu before, I may have to give it a try next time.

I didn't notice it before either but I may not have been looking for it as I don't generally like sake.

Wow - this meal looks great!! I'm helping to plan my supervisor's first visit to WDW with her DH and I made all of her ADRs for her. I'm so glad that I made an ADR at Y&Y on her AK day! Seeing this puts my mind at ease. I think I may need to try this myself on my next trip for those wontons! (and now I can say I've actually got a next trip planned!!!!)

I think this is the day that I saw you at AK. You were probably on your way to Y&Y and Eilee and I were just leaving the park after her YES class. When we got to the bus stop it had started pouring!

Wish I had seen you two! It can be so stressful planning anothers trip. I am always afraid they will have an awful experience at some place that we have loved!

Looks like you had a wonderful meal at Y&Y
I've never even heard of green apple sake but it sound delicious !
R66 was awesome by the way :)

Yes, it was wonderful!

Awe look how cute Donald is@ CMC!! & ur DS face..priceless:rotfl2:

I actually thought of you today when I saw this:
Boardwalk Joe's
Frozen Grapefruit Margarita $11.25

Sounds like some flavors you might like!! Sure sounds good to me. ;) I'll have to get one in Nov. when I go to the Boardwalk.:goodvibes

Yes, that is definitely something I would try! Sounds really good!

Hi Vicki! I'm now part of the club that has tried the fried wontons from Y&Y and I'm a HUGE fan. I also declared them my favorite dessert of the trip!
Glad to see that it will make a future appearance!
:banana:

How can they not be everyone's favorite! Creamy, yumminess!

I tried the fried cream cheese wontons for the first time on our last trip, and am now a big fan! :thumbsup2 Next time I want to try those fried green beans, as they look very good too.

And since I now have the rest of September and the whole month of October covered with "live" reporters, I am now starting to work on November. Would you be willing to do another round of "live" updates during your November trip? :flower3:

Well, of course my dear! Not too many ADRs planned. Really want to focus on food & wine ... mostly food as I probably won't drink much if at all on a trip with the GoofySon. But I will definitely share the yumminess!

And just a long range head's up, I also think we will be taking a quick trip in late March. Yes, we will be braving the Spring break crowds! We tackled Christmas week, we can do anything! :lmao:

Hopefully I will get the next review up later today ... Cali Grill with a surprise for the GoofySon!

Well, of course my dear! Not too many ADRs planned. Really want to focus on food & wine ... mostly food as I probably won't drink much if at all on a trip with the GoofySon. But I will definitely share the yumminess!

Thanks, Vicki! And F & W yumminess defintely works for me! :thumbsup2

And just a long range head's up, I also think we will be taking a quick trip in late March. Yes, we will be braving the Spring break crowds! We tackled Christmas week, we can do anything! :lmao:

I am so very happy to hear that because I just might be among that Spring break crowd too! ;) Our school break is always the last week in March, and this year that happens to also be the week before Easter. :crazy2: I know we are probably crazy, but DS and I are really wanting to go anyway...now we just have to convince my DH. But last year we spent Spring Break in Colorado skiing (and I don't ski :worried:) and the year before we went with DH's family to Gulf Shores. So I'm thinking that this year it's my turn to choose, right? :confused3

I am so very happy to hear that because I just might be among that Spring break crowd too! ;) Our school break is always the last week in March, and this year that happens to also be the week before Easter. :crazy2: I know we are probably crazy, but DS and I are really wanting to go anyway...now we just have to convince my DH. But last year we spent Spring Break in Colorado skiing (and I don't ski :worried:) and the year before we went with DH's family to Gulf Shores. So I'm thinking that this year it's my turn to choose, right? :confused3

Absolutely! We would really just be there the weekend before Easter ... probably Saturday til Monday or maybe Tuesday. DS doesn't want to miss a lot of lacrosse practice.

Dinner was at California Grill. This is definitely a favorite of all of ours. We finally got the sit on the MK side of the restaurant but quite a bit a way from the windows. We are getting closer to having the perfect table!

A storm was rolling in which was pretty cool to watch ...

WDWSummer2012204.jpg

At one point we were completely in the clouds/fog. Couldn't see a thing out the windows.

The menu

WDWSummer2012205.jpg

WDWSummer2012206.jpg

WDWSummer2012207.jpg

First up the bread. I really like the bread here. But I like a very crunchy crusted bread.

WDWSummer2012213.jpg

For appetizers, DH had the Vidalia Onion Tart

WDWSummer2012214.jpg

This was really good. I wish I had taken a picture after moving the giant onion rings. It had a taste similar to onion soup but almost the consistency of a pudding.

I had one of the Brick oven Fired Flatbreads - Bacon Cheeseburger, Wagyu Beef, Tillamook Cheddar, house made dill pickles, Heirloom Ketchup

WDWSummer2012215.jpg

I was so glad this was still on the menu as I really wanted to try it. But I was a bit disappointed. The ketchup was a bit sweeter than I like and there was just too much of it.

DS had the house favorite Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli - With sun dried tomatoes, pesto, shiitake mushrooms and basil

WDWSummer2012216.jpg

He loved it and didn't share even one bite!

For entrees, I had decided that I was going to try the halibut as I really liked the sounds of the sides and halibut is a fish I really wanted to try.

WDWSummer2012217.jpg

I loved the first couple of bites and then saw the bloodline of the fish. :crazy2: I am so wonky with fish there was no way I was going to eat anymore. Thankfully DH had ordered the filet and was kind enough to switch plates with me

WDWSummer2012219.jpg

This was really good. I ate about 1/2 the meat and then switched back with DH so that I could finish the sides that came with the halibut.

DS had the other house favorite ... Grilled Pork Tenderloin - Served with goat cheese polenta, button mushrooms, and Zinfandel glaze.

WDWSummer2012218.jpg

He declared this his favorite entree of the trip. I was so involved in my entree experience that I didn't think to as for a bit until he had all but licked the plate clean!

We were given dessert menus but DH and I knew we could not be ordering dessert because I had arranged a surprise for the GoofySon!

WDWSummer2012221.jpg

I contacted Chef Brian and told him I wanted something lacrosse related, preferably purple and gold (school colors). This was our fantastic cake!

WDWSummer2012223.jpg

WDWSummer2012224.jpg

WDWSummer2012225.jpg

And the inside

WDWSummer2012231.jpg

DS was truly shocked. It was such a wonderful moment and worth every penny of the $107! The cake itself was very moist and very good. We took most of it back to the room and unfortunately didn't end up eating any more but that was Ok. It was worth it for memory at Cali.

We had tea and coffee with the cake

WDWSummer2012232.jpg

And watched the fireworks on the balcony

WDWSummer2012242.jpg

It was the perfect meal. I had wanted to do something to really shock Andrew and we succeeded. He was just blown away.

Total dining plan cost was $193.88. Total OOP including the cake and the recommended wines with our courses was $143.78.

Cali is still our overall favorite signature. I am anxious to see what happens after the renovation next year.

Glad to hear another great CG review!

I think I want to try just about everything on the current menu :rotfl2:, so who knows what I will be ordering in Dec.

That was an AWESOME cake!! What a great job they did. I'm glad to see that CG still ranks up there. It does for us as well. In fact, DH declared it his favorite meal of the trip.

That photo of the storm moving in is incredible. What a great shot.

BTW: Your DS looked oh so handsome in his shirt and tie. You can tell him that Emmysmommy was so impressed with him! :)

That was an AWESOME cake!! What a great job they did. I'm glad to see that CG still ranks up there. It does for us as well. In fact, DH declared it his favorite meal of the trip.

That photo of the storm moving in is incredible. What a great shot.

BTW: Your DS looked oh so handsome in his shirt and tie. You can tell him that Emmysmommy was so impressed with him! :)

Thanks! It was funny because when we were getting ready, Andrew said he wanted to "go classy" which is how they dressed for their lacrosse away games. We hadn't packed any ties but bought that one for Jay. I was so happy that he had decided that on his own because I knew it would add an extra special touch to the pictures.

Glad your DH enjoyed Cali as well. I debated trying to get an ADR in November just for appetizers but I decided on Flying Fish instead. I am not sure if I will regret that decision.

Ahhh yes, I remember the preview pic that you sent of that awesome cake. It seems even more special now that I've heard the whole story behind it. Memories like that are truly priceless! :goodvibes

Oh, and so glad you enjoyed your dinner at California Grill! :thumbsup2

Glad you had another great meal at California Grill! Although I'm sorry to hear about the flatbread - it was something that sounded good to me, but with so much ketchup on it I probably would've been unhappy (I never add ketchup to my burgers or hot dogs, since it's usually too sweet for me).

That cake looks so cool! And I love how DS had to declare 2 entrees his favorites of the trip (the short rib at Jiko and the CG pork). It's often impossible to say whether one dish is better than another - they're just different. :goodvibes

debrapagliasotti said:
Glad to hear another great CG review!

I think I want to try just about everything on the current menu :rotfl2:, so who knows what I will be ordering in Dec.

This is how I feel!!

In two short weeks we'll be celebrating my Mother's 80th birthday at the California Grill! :cool1: Your cake looks fantastic but I am finding it hard to go the cake route when CG has so many absolutely wonderful desserts!

Your meal looks delicious! I hope they still have the onion tart on the menu in two weeks!

Wednesday we orignally had planned to go to Roaring Forks to try the waffles before heading to EPCOT. But since we cut our DHS day short, we ended up there instead. Spent a couple of hours before taking the boat to EPCOT for lunch at Le Cellier. Partial menu:

WDWSummer2012254.jpg

Not sure why I didn't take a pic of the rest of it!

First up was the wonderful bread ...

WDWSummer2012255.jpg

DS dreams of the Cheddar Cheese soup ...

WDWSummer2012258.jpg

DH and I wanted the soup as well and decided to go with the Appetizer Trio to Share - Tomato Stack, Duck Confit Crepe, and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

WDWSummer2012260.jpg

Everything was very good but the soup was the best for sure. The Crepe was actually fairly flat, not a lot of taste.

We also had the try the Poutine

WDWSummer2012259.jpg

We had it for dinner last year and LOVED it. This was different as it is the 'cheaper' lunch version. These tasted more like really good disco fries. We ate way too much and were all too full to enjoy our entrees!

DS and I agreed to share the Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - Le Cellier signature dish served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce and the Le Cellier House Burger - roasted mushrooms, smoked bacon, maple barbecue, Black Diamond Cheddar, and crispy onions, and french fries

WDWSummer2012261.jpg

WDWSummer2012262.jpg

WDWSummer2012263.jpg

The filet may truly be my favorite WDW meal and the burger was very flavorful but we were just too full. Neither of us managed to eat 1/2 of our 1/2s!

DH went with the BLT Salmon Sliders - heirloom tomato, smoked bacon, and herbed remoulade

WDWSummer2012264.jpg

In retrospect, I wish I had tried these. I have never been a huge fan of salmon but with my new found desire to be adventurous, I am wishing I had tried them. I was just so full from the appetizers. DH loved them and ate all of the sliders but not all of the fries.

Needless to say, no dessert for us.

Total was $104.38. We were not charged extra for the poutine. Le Cellier has always been one of our favorites. I am anxious to see what changes are made when it becomes a signature for lunch next year. We will not be back until at least our August trip so I am sure there will be plenty of reviews!

Next up ... a Dismeet!

Your Le Cellier review is great!! I wish I could fit both it and Via Napoli in my schedule! The only good news it they will have the Filet (minus the Risotto) and the Cheese Soup at the Canada Booth for F&W!

Your Le Cellier review is great!! I wish I could fit both it and Via Napoli in my schedule! The only good news it they will have the Filet (minus the Risotto) and the Cheese Soup at the Canada Booth for F&W!

This will be our first experience with Food & Wine and those are the two things we are looking forward to the most! :thumbsup2

So after lunch we wandered over to France to get ready for our Dismeet! :thumbsup2 Tracy has already talked about it and Brenda took way more pictures than I did but I will add my two cents!

It was an absolute blast! Love these wonderful ladies!!

We were sitting on a bench when we saw Tracy already with her slushie so I quickly sent Jay off to get mine!

WDWSummer2012265.jpg

Joh soon joined us ...

WDWSummer2012266.jpg

Andrew looks less than thrilled here but he really ended up having a good time!

WDWSummer2012267.jpg

Soon Brenda joined us!

WDWSummer2012268.jpg

The sausage!

WDWSummer2012269.jpg

Hey, who is that in the back photobombing!

One last pic after leaving Rose & Crown

WDWSummer2012271.jpg

I admit that I have been hesitant to agree to Dismeets in the past. I always thought things would be uncomfortable. I was sooooo wrong. I felt like I had know these ladies all my life ... or at least all my Dis Life!

Eilee seemed a bit shy and didn't really want to talk much, but when she did, she seemed like a really wonderful girl.

And Miss Em ... what a lovely young lady! Not at all intimidated that a complete stranger wanted to give her a huge hug! I enjoyed talking with her so much! And I have to say it was too funny that Brenda is already trying to plan another trip towards the end of the year and Em is the one saying that she needs time to adjust to school! I am now hearing that same thing in my house as I try to fit in more weekends with our APs! :rotfl:

All in all a truly wonderful afternoon!

I LOVE the LC filet and its Eilee's favorite meal of all time. Everything else looks so good too (especially the soup) I tried some poutine for the first time this summer but I think yours looks better even though it was the "cheap" version! ;)

And I love you pictures of the DISmeet!! The one of us with Joh on the bench is super cute. I had so much fun and I wish we could have stayed longer but Soarin was calling my name! I sure hope we have an opportunity to meet again sometime!

That sounds like such an awesome Dis meet! Four members at once - very cool. I also enjoy reading each of your interpretations on the afternoon - it seems like the slushies and the sausage were major highlights. :laughing:

Ahhhh Le Cellier soup and pretzel bread - such a heavenly combo. I don't blame you for filling up on the apps there! ;) I should have slit the combo app like you did although now that you say the duck was rather flavorless, maybe it was ok to pass.

I so wish I had met up with everyone WITH a slushie in hand! But I was not feeling well at all.... errr stupid over-eating thing! As for the Dismeet itself, I am SO HAPPY that we were able to meet up. I keep saying this but honestly, you have a lovely family and the time that we spent with your DS talking about Lacrosse and college, well, you have certainly earned the right to be a very proud mom with your awesome young man! Oh, and singing along with the hat lady - so fun! :rotfl:

Tracy's sausage.. so funny that "he" made an appearance. Just so glad that we got to be a small part of that historic moment! :p

Kids! They need to learn to listen to their parents and when we tell them it is ok to miss school for Dis, they should listen! :rotfl2::lmao: I'm keeping an eye on everyone elses travel plans (other than those people who book trips so soon after their August trips... ahem...) so that maybe we'll end up at WDW at the same time. :laughing:

I LOVE the LC filet and its Eilee's favorite meal of all time. Everything else looks so good too (especially the soup) I tried some poutine for the first time this summer but I think yours looks better even though it was the "cheap" version! ;)

And I love you pictures of the DISmeet!! The one of us with Joh on the bench is super cute. I had so much fun and I wish we could have stayed longer but Soarin was calling my name! I sure hope we have an opportunity to meet again sometime!

I understand. We had 9 day Park tickets and somehow never hit Soarin' this year! I would love to meet up again!

That sounds like such an awesome Dis meet! Four members at once - very cool. I also enjoy reading each of your interpretations on the afternoon - it seems like the slushies and the sausage were major highlights. :laughing:

Yes, they definitely were! Too bad your trip wasn't a few days different or we could have had a 5-meet!

Ahhhh Le Cellier soup and pretzel bread - such a heavenly combo. I don't blame you for filling up on the apps there! ;) I should have slit the combo app like you did although now that you say the duck was rather flavorless, maybe it was ok to pass.

I so wish I had met up with everyone WITH a slushie in hand! But I was not feeling well at all.... errr stupid over-eating thing! As for the Dismeet itself, I am SO HAPPY that we were able to meet up. I keep saying this but honestly, you have a lovely family and the time that we spent with your DS talking about Lacrosse and college, well, you have certainly earned the right to be a very proud mom with your awesome young man! Oh, and singing along with the hat lady - so fun! :rotfl:

Tracy's sausage.. so funny that "he" made an appearance. Just so glad that we got to be a small part of that historic moment! :p

Kids! They need to learn to listen to their parents and when we tell them it is ok to miss school for Dis, they should listen! :rotfl2::lmao: I'm keeping an eye on everyone elses travel plans (other than those people who book trips so soon after their August trips... ahem...) so that maybe we'll end up at WDW at the same time. :laughing:

Thank you again for the kind words about Andrew! I am definitely very, very proud of him! And hey, is the day we got home too soon to rebook? ;)

Just had chance to catch up

Your dinner at CG looks delicious and the cake looks beautiful :goodvibes

I love the look of the salmon sliders at LC as well

And finally, yay for the DIS meet .... what fun, I wish I could have joined you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter