"Mom, we blame you and DVC"......

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
:laughing: This is what my kids told me and DH today while we were discussing our split stay options. I think I'm raising accommodation snobs ;) My oldest DD said: Animal Kingdom is great as long as we have a Savanah View. DS said THV all the way, it's round and cool with a big deck and like camping. My middle DD said that the Boardwalk would be fine with her because the pool looks fun but she'd stay at Old Key West again too.

They are grateful kids honestly but it's funny what happens when you raise the bar. :goodvibes

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I totally get it. My DDs are older but we have already spoiled my DNiece and on our way to spoiling our DGD.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I totally get it. My DDs are older but we have already spoiled my DNiece and on our way to spoiling our DGD.

:thumbsup2 That's awesome!

I think the theme park view at the GCV didn't do me any favors. Disney sure knows what they are doing.

So true Jenny! We took our nephew to DL in a 2bdrm and when he goes with his family and has to sleep in a studio on the pull out couch, he's cranky!!! And of course, Jay and I won't do the studio thing anymore, 1 bdrm or bust for us!:woohoo:

So true Jenny! We took our nephew to DL in a 2bdrm and when he goes with his family and has to sleep in a studio on the pull out couch, he's cranky!!! And of course, Jay and I won't do the studio thing anymore, 1 bdrm or bust for us!:woohoo:

:rotfl2: Too cute! We stayed one night at the PPH after our 2 bedroom at the GCV and you would have thought that we made them sleep on the ground. Outside. Without blankets. ;)

There's no where to go but up! :thumbsup2

Now, OP, you feel my pain. A few years back, we tok our children to a six flags park and they went to look outside to see the view and I got the "uh mom you got us a parking lot view?!:rotfl::laughing::rotfl2::lmao: Seriously, they have no idea how rough I had it growing up and staying at the ....gasp....campgrounds at WDW when all they had was that, Contemporary, or Poly! ( Not putting down the campgrounds, we had a blast there!) Yes, I survived and so did they with a parking lot view! We also thought that the studio at the VWL was too small after four trips with five of us in a 2BR!

We also did a 5 night stay in January with the four of us at the THV, so you see where I keep setting that bar, don't you?

DVC has a tendency of turning us into accomodation snobs.

We don't even have kids and I hate staying in studios. I'll do it a DL because normally it's just two of us and we are only 25 min from home, but I love my jacuzzi tub. If I fly all the way to WDW, I'm getting the tub!

Seriously, they have no idea how rough I had it growing up and staying at the ....gasp....campgrounds at WDW when all they had was that, Contemporary, or Poly! ( Not putting down the campgrounds, we had a blast there!) Yes, I survived and so did they with a parking lot view! We also thought that the studio at the VWL was too small after four trips with five of us in a 2BR!

Oh you poor thing! :) I didn't even know the joys of staying on-site until I was an adult and could pay for it myself. We used to go every year, and either rented a house or stayed at one of the motels in Kissimmee.

Anyway, ever since we started taking DD three (almost four) years ago, we've moved up quick.

Jan 2008 - Pop Century (80's Building)
Jan 2009 - Beach Club Villas (Studio)
Jan 2010 - Bay Lake Tower (1 BR)
Jan 2011 - Disney Cruise (Mexico)
Oct 2011 - Bay Lake Tower (2 BR, with my parents)

Now, OP, you feel my pain. A few years back, we tok our children to a six flags park and they went to look outside to see the view and I got the "uh mom you got us a parking lot view?!:rotfl::laughing::rotfl2::lmao: Seriously, they have no idea how rough I had it growing up and staying at the ....gasp....campgrounds at WDW when all they had was that, Contemporary, or Poly! ( Not putting down the campgrounds, we had a blast there!) Yes, I survived and so did they with a parking lot view! We also thought that the studio at the VWL was too small after four trips with five of us in a 2BR!

We also did a 5 night stay in January with the four of us at the THV, so you see where I keep setting that bar, don't you?

DVC has a tendency of turning us into accomodation snobs.

You did rough it. ;) And with a parking lot view no less. :lmao: How were the THV? They are on my list for the second half of our spilt stay next October. They look amazing!

We went from standard rooms to a 2 bedroom. I hope my children will survive the GCV in a one bedroom. :rolleyes:

We don't even have kids and I hate staying in studios. I'll do it a DL because normally it's just two of us and we are only 25 min from home, but I love my jacuzzi tub. If I fly all the way to WDW, I'm getting the tub!

:thumbsup2 Heck yeah! I like to be as comfortable on vacation as I am at home.

Oh you poor thing! :) I didn't even know the joys of staying on-site until I was an adult and could pay for it myself. We used to go every year, and either rented a house or stayed at one of the motels in Kissimmee.

Anyway, ever since we started taking DD three (almost four) years ago, we've moved up quick.

Jan 2008 - Pop Century (80's Building)
Jan 2009 - Beach Club Villas (Studio)
Jan 2010 - Bay Lake Tower (1 BR)
Jan 2011 - Disney Cruise (Mexico)
Oct 2011 - Bay Lake Tower (2 BR, with my parents)

You did move up quick! :woohoo:

Yep, our kids are the same way. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights over Memorial weekend. We reserved a king suite (king bed with a pull out sofa). As soon as we opened the door, DS7 looked around and wanted to know "Where's the kitchen?" then proceeds to the bathroom and says, "No jacuzzi either?!". :rotfl:

But they survived anyway!! But I so missed my washer & dryer when I came home to 2 bags filled with dirty laundry after just a few days!:laundy:

Yep, our kids are the same way. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights over Memorial weekend. We reserved a king suite (king bed with a pull out sofa). As soon as we opened the door, DS7 looked around and wanted to know "Where's the kitchen?" then proceeds to the bathroom and says, "No jacuzzi either?!". :rotfl:

But they survived anyway!! But I so missed my washer & dryer when I came home to 2 bags filled with dirty laundry after just a few days!:laundy:

:rotfl: They are so funny. I agree about not having a washer/dryer; it's so nice to come home with clean clothes. A kitchen is another must have for me.

I blame myself 100%. :laughing:

Yes, they are spoiled. My 6 yo granddaughter recently stayed in a Holiday Inn for cheer leading and I asked how the trip was. While she was thrilled with the "indoor" pool, she was shocked that they didn't have a kitchen in her room. She acted like they made some type of mistake. She ended that comment with "can you believe that Nana? no kitchen?"

As for her mom and dad, one summer I booked a bounceback free dining package at Pop and they all whined about it. I was trying to save some points. Finally I told them, they could either stay at Pop and eat TS every day or stay at our DVC resort and eat sandwiches and hotdogs....well I had to cancel my Pop reservation as they choose the hotdogs over the TS meals!! Then they told us we turned them into resort snobs!! :snooty:

Yes, they are spoiled. My 6 yo granddaughter recently stayed in a Holiday Inn for cheer leading and I asked how the trip was. While she was thrilled with the "indoor" pool, she was shocked that they didn't have a kitchen in her room. She acted like they made some type of mistake. She ended that comment with "can you believe that Nana? no kitchen?"

As for her mom and dad, one summer I booked a bounceback free dining package at Pop and they all whined about it. I was trying to save some points. Finally I told them, they could either stay at Pop and eat TS every day or stay at our DVC resort and eat sandwiches and hotdogs....well I had to cancel my Pop reservation as they choose the hotdogs over the TS meals!! Then they told us we turned them into resort snobs!! :snooty:

I prefer blessed to spoiled. Spoiled sounds ungrateful. Blessed sounds lucky. I'd also add picky. ;) :lmao:

I would also choose cooking over TS any day. DH is an amazing cook so I guess I'd choose him cooking. :laughing:

I prefer blessed to spoiled. Spoiled sounds ungrateful. Blessed sounds lucky. I'd also add picky. ;) :lmao:

I would also choose cooking over TS any day. DH is an amazing cook so I guess I'd choose him cooking. :laughing:

I agree, we are all blessed to be able to afford DVC and go to WDW as often as we do.

Funny about your DH and cooking. My DH is all about housekeeping. When we're at WDW, he does all of the bedmaking and dishes (just like at home). Our last trip we were there 12 nights and had 2 full cleanings. I had to unmake the bed both times because I had to convince him that when housekeeping comes in if they see the bed made up, they would not change the sheets. He could not stand leaving the room with the bed unmade. This is why DVC fits us, I surely don't need housekeeping. He's the same way with the dishes too. I think housekeeping should tip us.

:laughing: This is what my kids told me and DH today while we were discussing our split stay options. I think I'm raising accommodation snobs ;) My oldest DD said: Animal Kingdom is great as long as we have a Savanah View. DS said THV all the way, it's round and cool with a big deck and like camping. My middle DD said that the Boardwalk would be fine with her because the pool looks fun but she'd stay at Old Key West again too.

They are grateful kids honestly but it's funny what happens when you raise the bar. :goodvibes

I totally hear ya!
My dd-17 just told me yesterday she was SO HAPPY that we moved from the THVs to a GV for next month for our 4 night pre-stay before our cruise LOL
She "Did Not want to stay in a tree house in the woods" LOL

We also own a 3 bedroom t/s in Orlando (in addition to DVC) and a 3 bedroom in HHI (not DVC) and I don't think my kids can ever go back to a single room.
The ONLY time that we do this is when we cruise but we still get the kids their own cabins.

I have to laugh....DS14 wasn't crazy about AKV 2 bedroom (he had a gorgeous bedroom to himself while DD9 slept on the pullout coach). He said it was too luxurious for him. TOO LUXURIOUS??? If I hadn't given birth to him I would think he wasn't my child. Of course he wasn't willing to trade with DD for the pullout! :lmao:

You did rough it. ;) And with a parking lot view no less. :lmao: How were the THV? They are on my list for the second half of our spilt stay next October. They look amazing!

We went from standard rooms to a 2 bedroom. I hope my children will survive the GCV in a one bedroom. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup2 Heck yeah! I like to be as comfortable on vacation as I am at home.

You did move up quick! :woohoo:

Here is my trip report with lots of THV pix. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2651483

We LOVE the THV's! It is our favorite! I think it will be great at Christmas to get away from the crowds!

Kidani savana view is a close second for me because we are founding members and I love to see our name on the tapestry!

This thread made me laugh:lmao:. My DH just said the other day how it would be too difficult for him to stay in a regular room and not a 1 bedroom

Very similar to our story at the Hampton Inn in NYC. We open the door and walk in. "Where's our room?"

I think that actually helped them "get it" a little better. They are lucky.

I agree, we are all blessed to be able to afford DVC and go to WDW as often as we do.

Funny about your DH and cooking. My DH is all about housekeeping. When we're at WDW, he does all of the bedmaking and dishes (just like at home). Our last trip we were there 12 nights and had 2 full cleanings. I had to unmake the bed both times because I had to convince him that when housekeeping comes in if they see the bed made up, they would not change the sheets. He could not stand leaving the room with the bed unmade. This is why DVC fits us, I surely don't need housekeeping. He's the same way with the dishes too. I think housekeeping should tip us.

:thumbsup2 They are crazy the same. If DH had his choice which he does is not he wouldn't have Mousekeeping come at all. He prefers to clean him self too. He's a domestic dream truly and he has mad cooking skills. :lovestruc

I totally hear ya!
My dd-17 just told me yesterday she was SO HAPPY that we moved from the THVs to a GV for next month for our 4 night pre-stay before our cruise LOL
She "Did Not want to stay in a tree house in the woods" LOL

We also own a 3 bedroom t/s in Orlando (in addition to DVC) and a 3 bedroom in HHI (not DVC) and I don't think my kids can ever go back to a single room.
The ONLY time that we do this is when we cruise but we still get the kids their own cabins.

:thumbsup2 The woods! They make it sound like they'll be a porta potty and a leaf for wiping. :rotfl:

Own cabins on a cruise would be fabulous! :cloud9:

I have to laugh....DS14 wasn't crazy about AKV 2 bedroom (he had a gorgeous bedroom to himself while DD9 slept on the pullout coach). He said it was too luxurious for him. TOO LUXURIOUS??? If I hadn't given birth to him I would think he wasn't my child. Of course he wasn't willing to trade with DD for the pullout! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Here is my trip report with lots of THV pix. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2651483

We LOVE the THV's! It is our favorite! I think it will be great at Christmas to get away from the crowds!

Kidani savana view is a close second for me because we are founding members and I love to see our name on the tapestry!

:thanks: for link, going to check it out. :goodvibes

This thread made me laugh:lmao:. My DH just said the other day how it would be too difficult for him to stay in a regular room and not a 1 bedroom

Very similar to our story at the Hampton Inn in NYC. We open the door and walk in. "Where's our room?"

I think that actually helped them "get it" a little better. They are lucky.

:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter