"Mom, we blame you and DVC"......

:rotfl2: Too cute! We stayed one night at the PPH after our 2 bedroom at the GCV and you would have thought that we made them sleep on the ground. Outside. Without blankets. ;)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As soon as we opened the door, DS7 looked around and wanted to know "Where's the kitchen?" then proceeds to the bathroom and says, "No jacuzzi either?!". :rotfl:
:rotfl:
\they went to look outside to see the view and I got the "uh mom you got us a parking lot view?!:rotfl::laughing::rotfl2::lmao:

she was shocked that they didn't have a kitchen in her room. She acted like they made some type of mistake. She ended that comment with "can you believe that Nana? no kitchen?"

I prefer blessed to spoiled. Spoiled sounds ungrateful. Blessed sounds lucky. I'd also add picky. ;) :lmao:
Nicely put!

I totally understand.

My 21 year old and 23 year old were raise at DVC and won't stay in a studio. It is a two bedroom or nothing.

total room snobs

My sos & I did a quick weekend trip with his school class and stayed at All Star Music resort, while walking to catch the bus he turned and said that our room SUCKED it was way to small I told him he was just spoiled and got used to the condos. I also told him not to knock it as for some folks that might bre the only way to make a Disney trip work for them.
As for camping he is spoiled there also as when we camp we take a 39' 5th wheel camper loaded with cenral a/c 42" flat screen tv & a fireplace, everyone says we do not camp we just darg an apartment around with it. Sorry but getting older does have its privliges.

DW and I are totally opposite. We love the studios. It is more than enough room for the two of us. We prefer more stays, than a larger room. We have stayed in one bedrooms and GVs for special occasions including having a Thanksgiving dinner for 8 in a one bedroom. DW is a great cook and we have had wonderful family trips in the larger accommodations but for the two of us we prefer the smaller rooms.

We are brand new to DVC (just bought on our DCL Alaska cruise), but your post made me think of my own children. For our Alaska cruise, we boarded the plane and they wanted to know what kind of room we got on the ship. When I told them we had an oceanview, they looked at me like they couldn't believe it, and one of them said, "What??? No verandah???"

Total cruise snobs!:lmao:

I totally understand.

My 21 year old and 23 year old were raise at DVC and won't stay in a studio. It is a two bedroom or nothing.

total room snobs

I think any size Villa will suffice for now :laughing: but this next WDW trip might send them over the edge being in 2 bedrooms the entire time. We've had 2 DVC trip. The first was OKW GV, AKV 2 brd SV, and then 2 nights at the POR (this was the trip we bought DVC). We had stayed at the POR for 10 nights a couple of years before but the room had magically shrunk. Our next trip was 2 brd theme park view at the GCV. Heavenly!

My sos & I did a quick weekend trip with his school class and stayed at All Star Music resort, while walking to catch the bus he turned and said that our room SUCKED it was way to small I told him he was just spoiled and got used to the condos. I also told him not to knock it as for some folks that might bre the only way to make a Disney trip work for them.
As for camping he is spoiled there also as when we camp we take a 39' 5th wheel camper loaded with cenral a/c 42" flat screen tv & a fireplace, everyone says we do not camp we just darg an apartment around with it. Sorry but getting older does have its privliges.

I'm going camping with YOU! :thumbsup2 DH tried to make us tent camp a few years ago. :rotfl: We saw a snake. We left.

Standard rooms are just so small for the 5 of us despite it being "legally" okay with regard to occupancy.

DW and I are totally opposite. We love the studios. It is more than enough room for the two of us. We prefer more stays, than a larger room. We have stayed in one bedrooms and GVs for special occasions including having a Thanksgiving dinner for 8 in a one bedroom. DW is a great cook and we have had wonderful family trips in the larger accommodations but for the two of us we prefer the smaller rooms.

If it were just DH and myself, a Studio would be plenty. :goodvibes

We are brand new to DVC (just bought on our DCL Alaska cruise), but your post made me think of my own children. For our Alaska cruise, we boarded the plane and they wanted to know what kind of room we got on the ship. When I told them we had an oceanview, they looked at me like they couldn't believe it, and one of them said, "What??? No verandah???"

Total cruise snobs!:lmao:

:rotfl: Have a great time on the cruise and please report back. A Disney Cruise is next on my list of things to-talk-DH-into. ;)

We don't even have kids and I hate staying in studios. I'll do it a DL because normally it's just two of us and we are only 25 min from home, but I love my jacuzzi tub. If I fly all the way to WDW, I'm getting the tub!

Ooo count me into this boat, and it's increasingly affecting my choice of hotels outside DW as well. Earlier this year DW and I went to Venice for our anniversary and we had 2 nights in a suite with whirlpool bath (suprisingly reasonably priced actually) and we've got some time in a jacuzzi suite in Cancun coming up in September.

:rotfl2: Too cute! We stayed one night at the PPH after our 2 bedroom at the GCV and you would have thought that we made them sleep on the ground. Outside. Without blankets. ;)

There's no where to go but up! :thumbsup2

haha! That's so funny! It really is amazing how spoiled you get with the DVC. I mean, who wants to stay in a hotel now? :confused3

How have you been? It's been awhile! I keep up with your PTR but my husband had a heart attack and it's been pretty busy around my parts these days!

This post has been really enjoyable to read. And I have to say that we are blessed too! And we can no longer stay in a studio while at Disney. We need a one bedroom no matter what. Love to have the washer and dryer and kitchen. And when we don't have that, I'm lost. :)

This post has been really enjoyable to read. And I have to say that we are blessed too! And we can no longer stay in a studio while at Disney. We need a one bedroom no matter what. Love to have the washer and dryer and kitchen. And when we don't have that, I'm lost. :)

I agree! I think Jenny summed it up with blessed! I'm taking my brother and his family Sept 2012 and my sister-in-law keeps saying what a gift we're giving her. I guess sometimes even I take it for granted!!! I'm so with you, I have to have a one bedroom! I love going home with clean clothes and just having enough space to get out of each others space, if you know what I mean!

Ooo count me into this boat, and it's increasingly affecting my choice of hotels outside DW as well. Earlier this year DW and I went to Venice for our anniversary and we had 2 nights in a suite with whirlpool bath (suprisingly reasonably priced actually) and we've got some time in a jacuzzi suite in Cancun coming up in September.

Sounds fabulous! Happy Anniversary.

haha! That's so funny! It really is amazing how spoiled you get with the DVC. I mean, who wants to stay in a hotel now? :confused3

How have you been? It's been awhile! I keep up with your PTR but my husband had a heart attack and it's been pretty busy around my parts these days!

OMGosh, I hope he's doing ok. :goodvibes I wondered where you ran off too. Sending healing vibes. :hug:

I agree! I think Jenny summed it up with blessed! I'm taking my brother and his family Sept 2012 and my sister-in-law keeps saying what a gift we're giving her. I guess sometimes even I take it for granted!!! I'm so with you, I have to have a one bedroom! I love going home with clean clothes and just having enough space to get out of each others space, if you know what I mean!

It's really such a neat way to vacation! :cool1:

OMGosh, I hope he's doing ok. :goodvibes I wondered where you ran off too. Sending healing vibes. :hug:
It's really such a neat way to vacation! :cool1:

He's doing better, he's pretty tired as he's trying to get used to the 5 med's he's on now. The good thing is, he feels better and I feel like I'm finally able to sleep at night without waking up to check and make sure he's breathing. 41 is pretty young to have a heart attack so we're looking at it as a wake up call and warning to make some changes, which we are doing. He starts cardiac rehab today so I'm anxious to see how he makes out there. Exersize has not been something he has really made time for before, but now he has too.
Thanks for the healing vibes, we need all of the help we can get!:love:

It is such a neat way to vacation and I am honestly just in love with my DVC. We're looking to add-on more points in the next two years so I'm pretty excited about that! Jay and I were just talking about going to Vero Beach but he is leaning toward the BWV's so he can be close to the parks. Who knows where we'll end up which is the awesome thing with DVC, I'm an options girl and we definitely have them with DVC!

So I'm going to have to jump over to your PTR and get caught up - I'll see you over there soon!:surfweb:

When my kids became adults, I told them they would have to lower their standards quite a bit now that they would be paying for their own vacations! Strangely enough, they still accompany us to WDW to get a "luxury" fix! :thumbsup2

My kids are "blessed" also!

DH and I always laugh about how our Disney trips started out:

Stovall Inn at Disneyland
Fairfield Inn Disneyland
OKW WDW......and there was no turning back.

DH had won a 1 night oceanfront room on Waikiki Beach so we took the kids too. All they did was complain about the room. They didn't care that tourist would spend big $$$ on such a room. Everything is compared to Disney!

Now, we have an upcoming Sept. stay at Aulani in a 1 bedroom. Originally it was the 5 of us but now it will be only 3 staying. DH told me why don't you just get a studio now.....I told him "No Way" LOL

When I remember back in the 70's, when Disney opened, no Disney resorts, we would get a room at the Red Carpet Inn on Hwy 192..... DS(14), all he's ever known are DVC resorts and The Marriot!

Boy does he have a big surprise coming when he gets out on his own!

We were booked for this year's marathon at BLT (our home resort), but when a snowstorm threatened to cancel our flight to FL, I booked two early days at the Pop just to get us there.
As soon as DME pulled up to the Pop, our DD said loudly, "this is NOT our home!" :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter