"Mom we want to do the water parks..."??!!!

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
But hello mom didn't want to buy the Parks plus pass! And we are going in April- is it even that hot. And it will cost our family of 6 about $1000000 to do the add on(well I am estimating here) We are going for 8 days and nights. Now the last time we were at the GF we never even set foot in the pool because we were so busy with the parks. So I am surprised to think that we will squeeze in a water park day(and we already have 2 of the kids on a Pirate cruise.) I suppose I could send the older one off to the water park with DH while I waited around with the little guy while the other 2 are on the pirate cruise- but then I think they will all revolt over missing the water park... oh what to do??? I am just thinking I would rather go to Sea World if we have an extra day than spend it at Blizzard Beach(we have been there and Typhoon Lagoon several times already) And we have a water park here at home that is pretty darn good. The kids are 12,9,4,2. What would you do?

If you do decide to go to one of the water parks, you can always buy single-day passes. Then, if you don't have time (or the weather is too cold), you won't waste the money upgrading your passes to the "Water Parks and More" level.

I went in October 2005, and added the waterparks option to my pass. Because of the hurricane that went through, the weather cooled off a lot - it was just too cold to be "pool weather." Didn't go to the water parks at all. What a waste of money to upgrade my pass!

Nevermind. Had a brainfart. I noticed in your sig you are staying at GF and then I did the math. You miss the current promo by a week or so.

We went to WDW the last four years,pirate: and this past September my kids favorite thing was Blizzard Beach:rotfl: ! They talk about that more than anything else! BUT, you have a water park where you live, so I would say spend the time in the other theme parks which you don't have at home. :wizard: T:cool1: here really is not enough time for water parks unless you have extra days with nothing to do.:cool1:

You asked what I would do ... I would take them to the waterpark because after all it is their vacation to! If you have been there before and you are at Disney for 8 days I would think you would easily have a day to spare at the waterpark.
My Kids love doing a day at TL or BB. I think the older two especially should have a say in the planning and have their suggestions considered. We went to TL in April and had a great day believe me it was warm enough to swim and I don't like cold water.

I'd probably decide which made more sense for me and my wallet - buying 1-day water park passes for everyone or adding the Water Parks and More option and the non-expiry option, which would mean that my water park admissions never expired and could be used one by one over the next several trips. :-)

I would plan for a rest day during the week, and if the kids really still want to do a water park, then do it on your rest day. Sleep in, and do the water park in the afternoon.
And don't buy the tickets ahead of time. Last year I planned this, and when we got to Typhoon Lagoon, I found out that both water parks had closed for the day. (Never found out why)
So I wasn't out any money, and the kids had just as much fun making it a pool day instead.

I would keep your park passes as is and then if you can work in a water park purchase the tickets separately. You never know if you will make it or what combination of familiy members will go. I think sending the older one and dh to the water park while the others do the pirate cruise is a great idea. This way everyone gets something special. If the yonger kids say they want the water park see if they want it more than the cruise and go from that.

Remember you can add more park days, options and non expiry to a pass within that first 14 days but you can't remove anything!! Better to purchase less up front IMHO and add on if you need too than to purchase something you end up not using.

TJ

My kids 6 & 2 loved Blizzard Beach so much so they cried when it was time to leave. The two of them shed tears the whole way out saying what a good time they had and when can we come back. We had already spent from opening until 2:00 there and the little one needed a nap. It was a great break day from the parks. Even your 2yo will love BB. Tike's Peak is the little kid water area and they have cute little slides for even the youngest kiddos. DS was 23 months at the time we were there and he did all the slides in this area with no problem even a little tube slide!! DH and I had a blast with the kids there too.

If I were you I would just buy single day tickets at the park on a day that the weather looks good. Also that way if the weather is not coopertive you have not paid money for something you didn't do as would be the case if you upgraded your tickets. April should definetly be hot enough to go swimming at the water parks.

My kids 6 & 2 loved Blizzard Beach so much so they cried when it was time to leave. The two of them shed tears the whole way out saying what a good time they had and when can we come back. We had already spent from opening until 2:00 there and the little one needed a nap. It was a great break day from the parks. Even your 2yo will love BB. Tike's Peak is the little kid water area and they have cute little slides for even the youngest kiddos. DS was 23 months at the time we were there and he did all the slides in this area with no problem even a little tube slide!! DH and I had a blast with the kids there too.

If I were you I would just buy single day tickets at the park on a day that the weather looks good. Also that way if the weather is not coopertive you have not paid money for something you didn't do as would be the case if you upgraded your tickets. April should definetly be hot enough to go swimming at the water parks.

Totally agree - pick a hot day and pay the daily rate. IF it even comes up.

Do the water park. But unless you are going to go to water parks or Disney quest more than one day I think it is costs less just to buy the one day pass. I went april 1-10 and it was hot most of the time. Some days felt 80-90. If you just wait to buy the ticket there you can make sure that the weather co operates.:jumping1:

And if you can get your husband to take the 4 kids and have a day to yourself, even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter