Monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot on Monday nights during deluxe hotel late night hours 9-11 pm?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
How late does the monorail run from Magic Kingdom to Epcot on Monday nights when deluxe hotel hours are 9-11 pm? This upcoming Monday Magic Kingdom closes at 10 but has an after hours event until 1 am and Epcot closes at 9 but has deluxe hotel hours until 11 pm. How late can we take the monorail from Magic back to Epcot? We plan to start the day in Epcot and finish at Magic but usually try to wait out crowds at park close when we drive. I think parking at Epcot may be easier than the TTC especially since we are starting the day there, but want to be sure we can still get back to the car at Epcot at 11 pm.

I believe the monorail would stop running to Epcot at 11PM based on the information below. The monorail does not run through the end of Extra Hours or After Hours events. At some point it switches to bus service to resorts but not sure they offer bus service to a closed park. I would recommend moving your car to TTC or if you choose differently, be prepared to hire private transportation from TTC to take you to Epcot.IMG_6920.jpeg

Last edited:
We did EP EEH in December while staying at Poly. We got on the monorail back after 11pm. I was surprised it was still running. Tried to get a time stamp from photos or google map timeline but no results there. It was at least 11:15 or 11:20pm when we boarded.

The monorail does not run through the end of Extra Hours or After Hours events.

The Epcot monorail does run to the TTC during EEH at Epcot, including a period of time after Epcot closes at 11. I do not know if it would be the whole two hours, because perhaps the lower number of people doing EEH would not require this.

The challenge occurs when there is a late event at MK. On the night the OP discusses, they would not be able to take the monorail after MK closes at 1.

I believe the monorail would stop running to Epcot at 11PM based on the information below. The monorail does not run through the end of Extra Hours or After Hours events. At some point it switches to bus service to resorts but not sure they offer bus service to a closed park. I would recommend moving your car to TTC or if you choose differently, be prepared to hire private transportation from TTC to take you to Epcot.View attachment 858165

The Epcot monorail does run to the TTC during EEH at Epcot, including a period of time after Epcot closes at 11. I do not know if it would be the whole two hours, because perhaps the lower number of people doing EEH would not require this.

The challenge occurs when there is a late event at MK. On the night the OP discusses, they would not be able to take the monorail after MK closes at 1.

We took the Epcot monorail home to the Poly last summer after EEH no problem, and it was well after midnight by the time we left.

If the Monorail by chance goes down there is a bus that replaces it. It runs the same route as the monorail going from Magic to Contemporary, TTC, Poly and Grand. Then back to Magic. Once at TTC you would transfer to the bus that replaced the Epcot monorail.

Thanks everyone! We have used the monorail back to BLT for extra hours but have never tried when driving in for the day. I would much prefer Epcot parking but the TTC is the safer option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter