• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail Schedule Change

TinkerBelle920

DIS Veteran
Anyone else annoyed by the late notice on the monorail schedule change. We have been trying to get into BLT forever and wanted the monorail access for mobility issues now we will not even be able to get to park by rope drop. Just venting!

I was surprised that they weren't even opening the monorails for park opening times. Don't the DVC resorts pay extra for the monorail transportation? So will the resorts provide extra buses to Epcot for early opening? It might be that the Epcot line is not affected so they could just transport you to the TTC. I am not sure what they would/could do for BLT to MK because the walking path isn't that much of a further walk than the getting off a bus at the bus station (which is across the street from BLT/CR). But this timing really ruins it for early morning dining at another resort. That means it will be a cab ride to get there. The other monorail resorts have alternative transportation to MK with their ferry service.

This is what DIS shows as the schedule change, with the result that most of the usual morning rush will not be covered by the monorail:

Beginning 6/22/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place. An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time (guests who have early breakfast reservations can also use watercraft or bus service). This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be:
Epcot - 9:00am-11:00pm
Resort monorail - 8:30am-midnight
Express monorail - 9:30am-11:30pm
Source for above: http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportation/monorail.htm

Tinkerbelle920's rather calm reference to her disappointment with this probably understates what the large majority staying at the MK resorts this summer will think about their experience. This also means everyone arriving from offsite in the early morning for MK will have only the ferry to get across the bay and that is likely to mean there will be huge crowd back-ups at the ticket center.

This is what DIS shows as the schedule change, with the result that most of the usual morning rush will not be covered by the monorail:

Beginning 6/22/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place. An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time (guests who have early breakfast reservations can also use watercraft or bus service). This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be:

Tinkerbelle920's rather calm reference to her disappointment with this probably understates what the large majority staying at the MK resorts this summer will think about their experience. This also means everyone arriving from offsite in the early morning for MK will have only the ferry to get across the bay and that is likely to mean there will be huge crowd back-ups at the ticket center.

I really wanted to give BLT a try but mainly because of the monorail I am pregnant and my father in law has severe back issues so I wanted a quick escape from the parks. I know that is still possible but sounds like morning will be a huge mess at monorail resorts. I am considering switching to Beach Club so at least then I have access to Epcot and HS.

This also means everyone arriving from offsite in the early morning for MK will have only the ferry to get across the bay and that is likely to mean there will be huge crowd back-ups at the ticket center.

Couldn't they take the Resort monorail? Or do you think they will block it off at TTC.

I know that is still possible but sounds like morning will be a huge mess at monorail resorts. I am considering switching to Beach Club so at least then I have access to Epcot and HS.

The walk in the morning is not bad. About 5 mins more than from the bus area. I would split the stay with a few nights at BLT then move to Epcot.

....plus walking's good for pregnancy, at least that's what my OB said :goodvibes

When the monorail is stopped mid-day...there are generàlly not huge lines waiting for a ferry...instead just loooong waits waiting for the ferry to leave the TTC dock.

All monorail resorts, including BLT, will have bus service to Epcot. In addition, there will be a "gold route" bus service between the CR, Poly, and GF early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter