Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones and more. HHN 30 fun trip.

Monday, September 20th continued

After I left Olga’s my next mission was to go to Doc Ondar’s Den of Antiquities and purchase the Count Dooku Lightsaber my grandson had wanted in July.

Doc Ondar’s is not a large store inside. It can be congested at times. Last year there was a line to get inside.

A frieze inside the door of Doc Ondar’s of a battle between the Jedi and aliens.

View attachment 621215

View attachment 621216

View attachment 621217

View attachment 621218

There was a line to view the glass case that held the Legacy Lightsabers.

View attachment 621220

View attachment 621219

What is a Legacy Lightsaber. It is a collectible Lightsaber that belonged to some of the major and minor characters in the Star Wars Universe. Like Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Count Dooku, Imperial Guards and others.

When it was my time to view the Lightsaber case I noticed that the Count Dooku one was not there. I asked the CM about it and she said they no longer had it. I texted my grandson and asked if he had another choice. I sent him a picture of what they had and he chose The Kylo Ren Lightsaber.

I was told by the CM that certain Lightsabers are made in limited quantities and are retired after they sell out.

The Lightsabers are sold in nice heavyweight decorative protective plastic cases.

The glass blades are sold separately and you have a choice between a 28 inch blade if I remember correctly and the longer 36 inch blade. I bought the 36 inch blade. The blades are sold in a protected sealed box.

So I bought the Kylo Ren Lightsaber, 36 inch blade and a red Kyber Crystal.

I took a few pictures in Doc Ondar’s and with the Savi’s Lightsaber slung across my back, the Droid in its carrying box and a Legacy Saber and 36 inch Lightsaber blade I was off.....LOL

Doc Ondar over seeing the events in the shop.
View attachment 621221

heads of various beasts of the Star Wars Universe.
View attachment 621222

The blue milk comes from the Bantha which is the one in the upper right corner. They were a animal native to Tatooine.

View attachment 621223

I noticed that Kat Saka’s popcorn was opened. This had been closed every time I had been to Galaxy’s Edge before.

I went into the Creature Stall shop and bought Great-Granddaughter B a Porg Puppet. It was really cute and it came in a creature crate.

I had two more items to pick up and I was done.

I stopped by Docking Bay 7 to purchase a spork. This is a utensil that is used to eat food on Batuu.

My last purchase was the Sebacc card game which was a card game played through out the galaxy.

I had completed my fun day at Galaxy’s Edge and I had accomplished some serious Christmas Shopping. So laden with my packages I tracked to the SUV.

I was tired and ready to get back to my room at Portofino.

After arriving back to by room at Portofino I decided to take the Saber blade out of the box and connect it to the Kyle Ren Lightsaber to make sure it worked. I had purchased my son a LegacySaber and 36 inch blade last year and did not do this and everything was ok.

I got everything connected and the blade would only light up on the tip and an area close to the hilt of the Lightsaber. I had a defective blade. Not only that, but the Lightsaber would not fit back appropriately in the decorative plastic case. Also the CM did not put my receipt in the bag.

So I packed up the Lightsaber and blade and headed back to Hollywood Studios. Thankfully I still had my parking receipt in the SUV If you have paid for parking it is good at any of the parks until they close that day.

I parked and hiked into Galaxy’s Edge. I went to the cashier and told them about the blade not working, the issue with not being able to get Lightsaber back in box and not getting my receipt.

Long story short. They could not find my receipt, they did get me another box for the the hilt and did replace the blade.

I asked the CM to take the new blade out of the box and make sure it worked and she did. She looked at me and said, we always tell everyone who purchases a Legacy Lightsaber and blade to test the Saber and Blade before they leave Doc Ondar’s. I shared with her that this was the third time I had bought a Legacy Saber and blade and no one suggested I test them before I left including this time.

Sadly she became argumentative with me and I was a little stunned by this. She went and got the store manager and I explained the situation. He apologized made sure the hilt was placed in another box that fit. He offered to give me another new packaged Lightsaber, but I declined because I knew this Lightsaber worked and now I had a working blade. I did not want to have another round of issues If another Lightsaber did not work.

I shared all of this so if anyone else buys a Legacy Saber and blade from Doc Ondar’s make sure to unbox everything and put it together and make sure it works. I know this is a pain, but well worth it. Also make sure they put the receipt in your hand or in the bag.

The manager looked for my receipt in the system and said he could not find it. At this point I was tired of the situation and just wanted to be done with it. I thanked the manager and CM for getting the new box for the LightSaber and the new working blade.

I was on vacation and did not want to ruin what had been a pretty fun day at Galaxy’s Edge. I knew there were going to be some happy smiling faces on Christmas Eve when these gifts were opened and that was what really mattered to me.

So off I was back to my SUV in the parking lot.

I stopped by Portillo’s for a roast beef sandwich on Turkey Lake Road.

Then back to my room at Portofino.

I stowed my purchases in the closet and took a nice bubble bath and got my jammies on, called my hubby to tell him of by Adventures of the day.

I watched a little television then it was time for bed.

To be continued

Catching up on the TR from Batuu. So glad it was so great (except for the lightsaber issue. So very glad it was resolved by the manager, but hate it happened in the first place,and the first CM was so unhelpful.)
Loved the pictures from Dok Ondar's I have never noticed those scenes w the aliens fighting. I will look for that next time. There are so many cool things to see in that shop. Glad for all the 'Easter eggs.'
Love the Porg puppets. I hope to get one of those sooner or later. They are cute! We do have several other pets.
Thanks again for sharing all the fun, pictures, details, etc!!

Catching up on the TR from Batuu. So glad it was so great (except for the lightsaber issue. So very glad it was resolved by the manager, but hate it happened in the first place,and the first CM was so unhelpful.)
Loved the pictures from Dok Ondar's I have never noticed those scenes w the aliens fighting. I will look for that next time. There are so many cool things to see in that shop. Glad for all the 'Easter eggs.'
Love the Porg puppets. I hope to get one of those sooner or later. They are cute! We do have several other pets.
Thanks again for sharing all the fun, pictures, details, etc!!

Your so welcome Skywalker. Yes, Dok Ondar’s is pretty awesome and there are so many Interesting things to look at in there.

The Market Place has some fun little shops.

Tuesday, September 21

I had a good nights rest. I woke up at 8 and sat out on the balcony for a little while. The sun was shining this morning. So wanted to take advantage of the beautiful morning.

I tend to putter around more in the morning as I get older. It’s funny I don’t feel the need to be in to much of a hurry. Which is a good thing because I don’t move that quickly first thing in the morning.....LOL

It so nice to vacation at Universal because it’s just a more laid back vibe. Not much planning and with staying at the Premier Resorts you have Unlimited Express so no rush for the rides.

The Resorts are beautiful and food options at the CityWalk, Parks and Resorts are plentiful.

I was meeting a fellow Disboard member Lynne who belongs to the Sans thread like I do. We were meeting at Starbucks at CityWalk so I needed to get scootin.

It was about 9:30 am and the water taxi was almost full when we pulled away from the dock.

Lynne and I found a table to enjoy our coffee and and have a good catchup chat. If I remember correctly my sister and I met Lynne for the first time in 2017. My sister, myself and Lynne were in Macs’s Private HHN VIP Tour that year.

We had the best time. We still laugh about that evening. We had such a great time.

We were at the end of the tour group and were going through the Ash vs Evil Dead House when one of the female scare actors pops out from behind a door unexpectedly and caught us all by surprise. She said something both crude and funny which was in line with the movie. We laughed and laughed. It was hysterical.

It was good to see her again and visit. It seemed like time passed quickly and it was noon already. We decided to walk over to Universal Studios.

It was really quiet in the Studios today. I believe this was the least amount of people I had seen at the park this trip. It was nice.

We went by the AP lounge then over to the Five and Dime Store.

There was a sign and a TM outside the Five and Dime letting you know that four of Universal’s Artists/Creative directors/Designers were there to sign posters and merchandise. I saw the Artist Signature Series Frankenstein poster. I wanted to get one of those for my niece B who is a Graphic Artist. They were going to be there until 4 pm and we wanted to walk around a bit more so I decided to stop back before I left the park.

It was about 1 pm so we stopped in Louie’s for lunch. I ordered the spaghetti and meatball meal. Lynne ordered the pizza fries. Both were good.

After lunch we went over to the HHN Tribute Store. The store had been pretty busy on my last walk through so with fewer people in the park today it was nice to walk through and get a good look at the merchandise.

Universal has done a really nice job with the HHN Tribute Stores and the exterior of the store this year was the best yet.

A367094C-EE98-4A40-8585-4AFA12C682E0.jpeg

CD7D726F-FEE0-4E63-98F0-CFCE9BE91098.jpeg

72BD94F9-8E24-4085-B7B6-11A58137D860.jpeg

There were HHN Jean jackets.
9D9AEEE5-9252-4917-9208-C575926196C1.jpeg

606A47E5-5742-4E16-A19C-7ECDD6E572C6.jpeg

69F2A36A-1E3A-4FE5-9E40-4D047D46C23A.jpeg

4E8CFAD2-4527-4ECA-817E-BAA3E7FBC1FE.jpeg

8A20B89F-548F-453C-ADAB-E9488215F424.jpeg

This was cool. The pipe organ with bubbles.
716AB1EC-F89D-4112-80A1-7374EFD0674D.jpeg

Last edited:
EC179FE2-FEBF-4386-AF61-0DE3EB68E3BC.jpeg

This was an interesting hat
5785A21B-44DC-46C5-9356-8C198F7CC7AE.jpeg

1C92588F-A98B-4CC8-AAD0-CAE35E1ACA88.jpeg

These Fear Totems were in the exterior wall of the Universal Icons houseD9049C12-1C72-4367-ABE0-5BE24C3FE641.jpeg

A22A093C-2FE8-4A0C-A7BE-27F7AFD75C1C.jpeg

For those that might remember this was from HHN 27. The reason I remember is I have the big coffee mug from then with this design. I have coffee in it every morning. When hot liquid is poured in the cup the Skeletons eyes turn white and the candles light up.
EA1199ED-0BEB-4C29-A679-493D0D5CA27F.jpeg

7E55D5AF-18AD-4312-B552-BEFA97892CC9.jpeg

FE59DFCA-5F54-440F-A5D9-A5E307097458.jpeg

42B5168F-61DD-47F5-BED5-F20064B23B1E.jpeg

A7837D99-E27F-4EF1-BECB-E75B745C6ADD.jpeg

to be continued

Tuesday, September 21st continued

Universal has really upped their game on the HHN merchandise over the years and I think this year was the best. It is so nice to see more merchandise on offer. I wish I had purchased some of the food items.

As we continued to walk through the store we entered the area that had the desserts and packaged sweets. The desserts were colorful and beautiful.

CC01E6F5-EBAD-416D-8A90-19B447B33040.jpeg

D0F14268-F923-40FF-8559-457CDFAD3C71.jpeg

They had the pulsating hearts and brains.

6F1E29B4-E438-4981-9AA2-06F7126F98C1.jpeg

I had never seen the hot sauces before. Love some of the names. Dragon’s Breath, Ghost Tonic and Devil’s Blood.

B74A32EC-367D-4C64-8A37-318D6D7CAA0D.jpeg
The coffee names were cool too. Shrieking Toad, Zombie Dirt, Siren Song and Burial Grounds.

They had cotton candy, fudge, candy bars
AAA222AB-7598-48D9-96FD-211E646D3BAE.jpeg

There were also chocolate pumpkins and caldrons that when cracked open had candy inside.

3943354E-7224-4C96-AFAF-910AE421554B.jpeg

7BF7BF20-6F21-4F73-B56A-7591AE167D90.jpeg

F2CC3D27-1E59-4B28-BE00-8808F0C69405.jpeg

34FB9CAE-E2C7-47DA-889E-FED597CF1F52.jpeg

EF3BA196-98E6-4E09-9A80-47A0D29C84AC.jpeg

Last edited:

After we left the Tribute Store we walked back over to the Five and Dime. I bought the Artists Signature Series Frankenstein Poster. The lovely lady at the cash register helped me remove the protective plastic cover on the poster to have the Artists sign it.
EBB91418-A315-4A5D-BF3C-996C205D9869.jpeg

I asked the four Artists if they could sign the poster to my niece B. They were the nicest fellows. They were all very kind and approachable. They were as curious about talking and engaging with everyone as we were of them. If you ever get a chance to meet them please do. They were awesome. They each signed a nice little short note to her under the areas of the poster they had designed. The poster had been a compilation of all their talents joined together to create an awesome poster.

8B4F8EB8-E42E-4884-9D06-63FD7C37C881.jpeg

Lynne went over and bought the AP Artist Series shirt from the AP lounge and brought it over for them sign.

After we left the Five and Dime the weather was moving in and the wind was starting to pick up and it was going to rain for sure. The cashier found a large garbage bag to protect the poster before I left the store. It was so nice of her to do that.

There was also a cup in the same Series and I bought one for myself and a few family members.

32AD53B4-2341-4C90-8CCE-697AB57D46A4.jpeg

Lynne and I headed for the exit and made it to the boats going to our respective Resorts. We said our goodbyes. It had been a nice day visiting with a fellow Disboard Sans family member.

The Sans thread was started by Mac and has become a place were a number of us have found a home to communicate about our love of all things Universal and other life things. She welcomes all new posters to come and post on the thread.

It was starting to sprinkle by the time I reached the door to the Resort. I made it up to my room opened the curtains and the heavens opened up and it poured buckets of rain.

To be continued

Last edited:
Tuesday, September 21st continued

The hard rain lasted about 45 minutes and then it cleared off. This had been for sure the most rain I had experienced during my HHN vacation, but there had been plenty of pool time, park time and HHN time overall so it all worked out.

I decided to take a little time to organize the purchases I had made. I arrived with a suitcase and a small make up bag and I was leaving with a lot more.....LOL

I like to buy the bigger park bags and consolidate things as much as possible.

After getting things more organized. I took a nice bubble bath and rested for awhile.

My older sister who lives near Orlando called and asked if I wanted to meet for dinner. So we made arrangements for me to meet her for dinner at The Catfish Place in St. Cloud. She had heard about this restaurant and she and her family had tried it and said the food was delicious.

So I got ready and headed to St. Cloud. It was about a 30 minute drive from Portofino Bay.

My sister was waiting for me inside when I arrived. I could tell this was a very popular local restaurant. It was busy. We waited just a few minutes and then were taken to our table.

Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu.

We looked at the menu and we both decided on the catfish and shrimp dinner. We ordered salads as our side. The salads were fresh and good.

The food came out piping hot and the tarter sauce for the fish and cocktail sauce for the shrimp was homemade and delicious. Three hush puppies were included with the meal and they were good.
B571AE18-D46D-4282-B33D-41006B23886C.jpeg
The Catfish and Shrimp were perfectly cooked as were the fries. The portion size is large.

We had a nice leisurely visit and at the end of the meal we had a lot of food left over. Portions are big so you need a hearty appetite to finish a meal here.

This was a nice local restaurant with a laid back atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food.

My sister and I walked out to the parking lot and hugged and said our goodbyes. This was the last time I would see her for a few months. As I have gotten older these times with my siblings are treasured for sure.

I stopped and filled up the gas tank in St. Cloud and headed back to the Portofino. The trip was only 25 minutes back. It was raining lightly as I walked to the West building. People were still out in the piazza.

Once back in my room I had a nice bubble bath got ready for bed watched a little TV and called my sweet hubby and told him about the days activities and off to sleep I went.

Really enjoying your TR and yes, I get the whole spending time with sibs as I get older, especially with parents gone now.

Someday my DD and I will splurge for a day at Galaxy's Edge, but it probably won't be for awhile, what with increased travel, Genie + and the SW hotel opening up next year. I'll wait a few years and look into it then. We are SW geeks so it's on our bucket list.

Really enjoying your TR and yes, I get the whole spending time with sibs as I get older, especially with parents gone now.

Thank you. I’am So glad your enjoying the report.

Yes, those visits with family are so special. I’am so sorry your parents are gone. I hope you have many treasured memories with them.

Someday my DD and I will splurge for a day at Galaxy's Edge, but it probably won't be for awhile, what with increased travel, Genie + and the SW hotel opening up next year. I'll wait a few years and look into it then. We are SW geeks so it's on our bucket list.

Galaxy’s Edge is something to see. As a Star Wars fan you will love it.

My heart belongs to Universal, but I do enjoy a look around at Disney Springs and Galaxy’s Edge.

Wednesday, September 22

I woke up this morning and pulled back the curtains and the sun was shining. I walked out on the patio and the boat was filling with excited visitors heading for a trip to CityWalk and the Parks.

My room has been so comfortable. The bed and pillows are comfy and the maid service had been fantastic during my stay.

Everyday when I would leave the room and come back in the afternoon my bed was made, there were fresh towels and restocked toiletries.

The maid service is wonderful here. I always leave a little thank you note for them and a tip on the night stand. They are lovely people.

This was my last day of vacation and as I thought of the lovely times I have spent at Portofino on past vacations, this vacation was just as wonderful.

I often think how very lucky we all are to have such a safe, fun and beautiful place like Universal to visit and have a vacation.

I’am thankful for all the memories I have made here with my family and I hope to make many more in the years to come.

I took a quick bubble bath then fixed my hair and out the door I went.

I was meeting up with a fellow Sans family member Lynne off the Disboards for coffee at Starbucks in the piazza.

We had a nice visit and enjoyed our coffee. We set up a time to meet up with another Sans family member Bobbie68 for dinner and a visit at Amatista Cookhouse at Sapphire Falls for dinner.

After coffee we said our goodbyes and I headed up to my room to set up a car ride to Mall at Millenia. I didn’t feel like driving today.

I had read about The Mall at Millenia on a trip report by a lovely lady on the boards called Schumigirl a few years ago and it has been a favorite shopping stop for me when in Orlando every since.

If you have never read one of her trip reports you should. The pictures her hubby Tom takes are beautiful and her reports are so well written. They are full of fun places to visit, shop and eat.

The car was there to pick me up at 10:30 am.

I did a little shopping. I had planned to buy a new desktop I had seen online from the Apple Store, but they were sold out. So I would have to order online or wait until I came back up to Orlando in February.

One of my favorite things to do at the Mall besides shopping is having lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. They have really good food. I usually get the Rene’s Special which is a half sandwich, small salad and the soup of the day.

The soup was a butternut squash and it was delicious. I also had the half chicken salad and caesars salad. Lunch was so good. The service is fantastic. I never have room for dessert.

DAD61282-B7F4-4426-A414-A7065617B685.jpeg

I can be in this Mall just walking around looking at things forever. I found a pair of sandals I had been looking for at Bloomingdales and tried them on. They were not comfortable at all. So I was glad I did not order them online.

I looked at the my watch and it was already 3:30 pm. I called for the car and was back to Portofino by 4:00 pm.

I packed up my suitcase and pulled together all my purchases in the large gift bags. I wanted to be organized as I was going to try and leave at about 3:30 or 4 in the morning.

I took a nice nap and woke up and watched a little TV.

I got ready and headed to the boat as I was supposed to meet Lynne and bobbie68 for dinner at 6. Before I walked out I looked out the window and I checked the weather report. Rain was coming again. I grabbed my rain poncho.

I took the water taxi from Portofino to CityWalk. Then switched over to Sapphire Falls boat line. While I was waiting for the boat to Sapphire Falls the heavens opened up and it poured buckets of rain.

Thank goodness for the boat dock awning and my rain poncho.

There is a car service you can use to go between the Resorts for only $10.00. In years past there was a dining service van that transported you for free to dine at all the Resorts, but sadly it no longer exits.

Here’s the number that is used by the resorts. It is the same service according to driver, but is for fee now.
CC6692EC-930D-4972-BE3F-0075B5E5F9F7.jpeg

A8E5AE37-EE99-4FED-B2CE-960BD71A940F.jpeg

For transport from Sanford Airport and back I have used the lovely Mr. Tony and he is fantastic and very dependable and reasonable.

The boat for Sapphire Falls finally arrived and off we were. I reached the Resort in plenty of time to check in at Amatista Cookhouse and get a nice large comfy booth table. Soon the other ladies arrived.

We all decided on salads and flatbread pizzas. We all enjoyed our food and the service was impeccable.

I always try to make time for a meal at Amatista Cookhouse. The food is very good and the service outstanding.

After dinner we went to the large lobby up stairs and enjoyed some more visiting.

A storm with some significant lightening was going on outside.

The time passed quickly and the storm finally subsided and it was time to say our goodbyes. I had had a lovely evening visiting with Lynne and Bobbie 68.

The boats we’re running again and it was time to head back to Portofino.

I stopped at the large Universal Store in CityWalk as I had another request from a family member to get them a Frankenstein mug. After my purchase I caught the boat back to Portofino.

This Artist Signature Series Frankenstein mug was Hit with the family.
794D8A1D-82EB-4492-98BC-510F76F178CA.jpeg

I took a quick bubble bath and wash and dried my hair. Packed last few things and laid out my clothes. Called my hubby and told him of my days events then off to sleep I went.

To be continued.

Last edited:
Wednesday, September 23

I set my alarm for 3:15 am. I wanted to be on the road early. I was ready and out the door with a few of my purchases.

As soon as I walked outside of the resort the humidity was pretty bad. I walked to the garage and loaded up the SUV and drove to the entrance.

I picked up a luggage trolley went back to the room and loaded my luggage and other packages and tracked back to the SUV and finished loading.

I checked out at the front desk and was back in my SUV and on the road by 3:45 am.

It’s always sad to wrap up a vacation at Universal. I always have a great time, but knowing I will be back soon helps.

The road trip back home was long, but I listened to music and stopped for walks at the rest areas.

I had traveled about 175 miles and I made a stop at a service station convenient store for a quick coffee. When I got out of the SUV it was really chilly. The other strange thing was there were hundreds of crows everywhere. I had never seen that many crows on the ground, on the roof, sitting on the pumps. It was like a scene from a Alfred Hitchcock movie. I asked the lady at the cash register about the birds and she said she had never seen anything like it either.

I wish I had taken a picture.

Coffee in hand I was glad to be back in the SUV and on my way.

Unbelievable how 175 north would make such a difference in temperature.

I made it through the cities that can be a hang up without much issue.

When I’am traveling I always stop and fill the tank when it gets to a half. I learned long ago to remember that anything can happen on I 75 and an accident or road construction can stop traffic for long periods and you don’t want to run out of gas.

I pulled in the garage about 6 pm. It was good to be back in Indiana for a spell.

I had missed my hubby and family, but I had a wonderful trip to remember for sure.

I have had awhile to process this trip and to think about HHN 30.

I’am so thankful to Universal for putting on a fun HHN this year.

I look forward to HHN every year.

It was so sad that it was cancelled last year, but understandable under the circumstances.

A very special thank you goes out to all the staff at the Resorts, the TM’s and Scare-actors. Without your dedication, kindness and hard work Universal would not exist for folks like me to visit.

The Creative Directors and Artists responsible for the Houses, Boutique, Tribute Store and merchandise design are awesome. Without their vision HHN would never exist. They are incredible. I’am in awe of their talents.

Now for the houses. Each one was unique and special in it’s own way.
It was Interesting to read other peoples comments on the houses.

It is hard to give a good descriptive experience of a house without going in to it a few times.

A poor experience is not a reflection on the house itself or the scare-actors. It can be timing and this year weather played a big part.

Houses

1. My favorite was a original house “ The Wicked Growth Realm of the Pumpkin”

Visually the exterior was pretty striking with all the Pumkins especially in the dark. The story line is as you start in the house you are outside the pumpkin, but as you moved deeper into the house you are inside the pumpkin. There is SIF reminiscent of pumpkin guts hanging from the ceiling and eventually you meet the pumpkin lord.

C8D1026C-8F5E-4C4E-B977-D3E29211D474.jpeg
Can you spot “Little Boo”.

2D8D4C68-85DD-44B6-8D14-352CF62AF328.jpeg

2. The Haunting of Hill House. This house was visually stunning. The amount of detail that went into this house was amazing.

CD43951A-F963-4D13-B62E-10F5F9C1F890.jpeg

7C6B0DA1-A3AF-4E52-9136-E4EE74BE1126.jpeg

I did the Unmasking the Horror Tour this year as I have done in years past and it really helps you appreciate the fine details that go into creating these houses.

3. Puppet Theatre Captive Audience. This was also an original house. The exterior and interior were really interesting.

The back story was that this had been the Theatre home of a Ballet Troupe and Puppeteer and they were trapped in the theatre after the earth quake in San Francisco in 1906.

40D68E85-8CDB-421B-BF4D-E15DAAC422DC.jpeg

4. “ Revenge of the Tooth Fairy” this was another of the original houses. This house and “Bride of Frankenstein” were available to go through last year even though they did not have HHN proper.

This house was very well done and the Victorian decorations were impressive throughout the house.

The exterior of the house reminded me of a Haunted Victorian greeting card.

6BD9B92C-46E3-49EC-9216-6A569DC75453.jpeg

5. For sure a fun HHN house “Beetlejuice” . The Scare-actor who was playing Beetlejuice was interacting with everyone as you entered the house. It was whimsical.

8D05CE57-B5AC-455B-AFC0-AE1D0B90DD8A.jpeg

6. “The Bride of Frankenstein Lives” I went through this a few times last year and this year. It was a very good house. The down low on this house if I remember correctly is after his bride rejects him and then the house collapses on the monster. The bride has second thoughts and wants to harness the undead blood of the vampires to bring him back.

7. “HHN Icons Captured” this was a good house with lots of scenes from past Icons of HHN. The room where the casket and morgue scene was located was pretty gruesome and it smelled like a cemetery.
EA34F594-EA09-47D7-822A-691EAC47651A.jpeg

8. “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” It was good house for the gore fans. There was another Chainsaw house in 2016.
12BC1C3D-DE8D-4C43-A1FB-44C9797C1C3C.jpeg

9. “Welcome to Scary, Horror in the heartland” A original house.
EB8C5366-9761-4E80-A241-06A55B77B898.jpeg

10. “ Case Files Unearthed Legendary Truth” . This was another original house and I went through it only two times. Both times I did not see one Scare. I think it can be summed up to timing as I heard others say it was a very good house.

Last edited:
Scare zones

1. Lights Camera Hacktion: Eddies Revenge

E3DAB3AA-4D6C-42AF-AB45-7CDEEEB60A60.jpeg

14152FD7-842F-4AE8-9ADF-32E135ED7F9C.jpeg

35A373C2-A2FC-4947-92D5-E5141DF39A7C.jpeg
77A31568-760E-4BBB-8EA1-E6C76E84FD43.jpeg

This was a fun scare zone and the scare actors seemed to enjoy stopping for photos.

2. Crypt TV. Another fun scare zone with scare actors who were really into their characters and enjoyed posing for photos.

EEBF2072-0433-4FF4-B208-99CDE5B7B337.jpeg

B20C1951-5135-4FDC-8DB0-9D8DF45B08A0.jpeg

15C50FA6-DCFC-4C50-A052-90A1D3F24B03.jpeg

D7264D2B-F2BF-4E9D-9931-3D97DF5DF715.jpeg

3. Gorewood Forest.
22533C59-D42C-4B93-9C3A-336CCDED1930.jpeg

4BA24573-C2F5-40A7-9F66-737494AD2711.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter