Monsters, Inc Ride and Go Seek at Tokyo Disneyland

madbrad76

DIS Veteran
Check out this article. I so hope this is a sign of things to come. There was a rumor a while back about a Monsters Inc ride coming to DHS but I haven't heard anything else in some time now. Does anyone else have any additional news that they would like to share?

Tokyo Disneyland launches Monsters, Inc. ride.

I have a friend who went to the soft opening, or whatever they called it, and he said it was just ok. Nice dark ride, but totally not worth the line. He said he'd be happy to wait in line after the hype dies down and the lines are more reasonable.

I would have loved to have seen a Monsters Inc themed coaster that would have you riding on doors that would hang from overhead. I can picture it in my mind. Having many doors on tracks that would parallel your vehicle and you would see the characters jumping from door to door. From what I saw in the video I can't see the attraction or the return on investment.

I would have loved to have seen a Monsters Inc themed coaster that would have you riding on doors that would hang from overhead. I can picture it in my mind. Having many doors on tracks that would parallel your vehicle and you would see the characters jumping from door to door. From what I saw in the video I can't see the attraction or the return on investment.

Good idea

I so hope this is a sign of things to come.
It really isn't. TDL is not owned by the Walt Disney Company. The owner, The Oriental Land Company, makes its own decisions about which attractions it wants or not.
I'm not sure what time Tokyo Disneyland opens, but I read in another news article that by 9 am there was already a 5 hr. wait! :eek:
TDL regularly draws much larger crowds than WDW. I was told that the average TDL visitor enjoys about 5 attractions per day.

TDL regularly draws much larger crowds than WDW. I was told that the average TDL visitor enjoys about 5 attractions per day.

Wow-I didn't notice that when we went. We got pretty much everything we wanted done except for Space Mountain and had a BLAST. We supposedly went at a busy time too :confused3. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out when I go next month. I'll at least take pictures!

Seems similar to the one at DLR. I believe the WDW one was supposed to be an inverted coaster. I remember reading an article of a man who was working on a ride, and there was a quick mention of something along the lines of "next, so and so will be working on a Monster's Inc ride for WDW." My guess is things were put on hold because of the economy.

Since we don't have a Tokyo DL area on the DISboards, I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter