• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More intense - Revenge of the Mummy or Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure?

Physically, they're probably about on par, but I would still call Mummy more "intense", personally, once factoring the darkness and the theming. The Mummy's overall vibe is creepy/scary, where Hagrid's is supposed to be fun/adventurous. Being able to see nearly everything on Hagrid's makes it a much more pleasant ride for me, since you can lean into the curves as they're coming up, whereas with the Mummy, I feel a bit more thrown around because I don't know what's happening next.

I just rode both for the very first time a couple weeks ago, and I thought Mummy was much more intense than Hagrid's. I think @MeridaAnn is correct in that the theming and the darkness have a huge role in my perception. I rode Mummy once and Hagrid's three times, and would have kept riding it if the waits were shorter. It's the first coaster that I've ever kept my eyes open on through the entire thing. Not exaggerating - It's pure joy.

I would say Hagrids. It was fast but so much fun. Both rides were kind of a blur. I don’t remember Mummy much, but I know I enjoyed hagrids.

Maybe because it was towards the end of the day and I was tired, or because the mummy was a dark ride, I was waiting for it to be over. I’m not a thrill seeker but I would ride it again knowing it wasn’t that bad by the end of it. I definitely wanted to ride hagrids again! That was an experience.

Hagrid's is WAY more intense, but both are not for those happy with junior roller coasters. They are both intended for the roller coaster audience who sits beneath the "top adrenaline junkies" (ie - those who are always on the lookout for the next tallest/fastest/upside downiest), but who love good roller coasters.

I'd agree with those who've said that Mummy is more intense. IMO, the thematic elements, indoor "blind track" in a few spots, and the some of the scenery is a bit more intense. Even though Hagrid is faster, the outdoor aspect PLUS the ability to have a sense of control by being in a "private" sidecar make for the ability to tame the ride if anyone in your party is a little more risk-averse.

This is from the POV of a father of a moderate scardey-cat (13). Even he was interested in re-riding both at 12, as the story appealed to him more.

I'd both are fairly comparably intense though in different ways. As has been said, the Mummy ride is dark (both in being inside and not having lights in parts of it) and you can't always see what is next. But Hagrids is longer, so the intensity last longer.

I will say that when it is raining, Hagrids is more intense (since the Mummy ride is inside.) One of the times we rode Hagrids, it started to rain, hard, just as we loaded on. By the time the ride was over, I wouldn't have been wetter if I jumped in a pool. :crazy2:

I'm a coaster chicken, won't ride Hulk, RRR or VC. Never rode DD.

BUT I LOVE the Mummy coaster and Hagrid's. If I had to say, I think the Mummy is more intense since the drops are in the dark, and that first hill launch is the best, and you get a little "air" time. "Your souls are MINE!"

I love the theming of Hagrid's, the length of the ride and the different elements of the coaster. The speed launches, especially the one with the "purple button" are amazing. Being on the bike and leaning in to those curves is the best experience, especially in the backwards section.

I'm glad I have a coaster I love at both parks now. 🎢

This is a tough one - I'd say they are VERY close in overall "intensity."
Theme-wise, Mummy is definitely scarier. Hagrid's theming is fun and magical, less dark and scary in general.

For me, with one notable exception on Hagrid's I shan't mention, the Mummy is a lot less predictable and more surprising as a ride due to the darkness factor. That adds a bit of Space Mountain-style intensity for me. Also harsher start and stop motions.

But Hagrid's is definitely outright faster and more G forces. The coaster part of Hagrid's is very fast and sweeping, smooth - quite enjoyable. And it is no slouch.

They are both very high on the list for me of favorite rides. I think the only way to know for sure how they work for you is to try them!

Maybe the first time you ride them Mummy is more intense because of the darkness, but after riding it 100 times I know what is coming. I think the speed alone on Hagrdid's makes it more intense of a ride.

I find Mummy more intense as there is more to scare my claustrophobic tendencies. Hagrid's is scarier if the line is at a stand still in the trophy room.

Hagrids is more intense, due to higher speed, fast turns at speed, and acceleration. Mummy is a rougher ride, especially the stop. Both are really neat, well themed, enjoyable rides for a variety of audiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter